[SOLO] [Latin] Vulgata Clementina - icequeen

Upcoming books being recorded by a solo reader
bedwere

Post by bedwere »

Biblia Sacra juxta Vulgatam Clementinam.

The Sistine Vulgate prepared by Pope Sixtus V was edited in 1590 but it was considered unsatisfactory from a textual point of view. As a result this edition was short-lived.

Clement VIII (1592–1605) ordered Franciscus Toletus, Augustinus Valerius, Fredericus Borromaeus, Robertus Bellarmino, Antonius Agellius, and Petrus Morinus to make corrections and to prepare a revision. The revision was based on the Hentenian edition. It was printed on 9 November 1592, with a preface written by Cardinal Bellarmine. The misprints of this edition were partly eliminated in a second (1593) and a third (1598) edition

The Clementine Vulgate contained in the Appendix additional apocryphal books: Prayer of Manasseh, 3 Esdras, and 4 Esdras. It contained also the Psalterium Gallicanum and not the Versio juxta Hebraicum, as did the majority of the early editions of Vulgate.

It contains texts of Acts 15:34 and the Comma Johanneum, 1 John 5:7.

It was issued with the Bull Cum Sacrorum (9 November 1592) which asserted that every subsequent edition must be assimilated to this one, no word of the text may be changed, nor even variant readings printed in the margin.

It is cited in all critical editions and it is designated by siglum vgc or vgcl. (Wikipedia)
  • Text source (only read from this text!): http://vulsearch.sourceforge.net/html/index.html
  • Type of proof-listening required (Note: please read the PL FAQ): standard

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the amount of languishing projects (and hence the amount of files on our hard-pressed server), we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't managed to record anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).
    Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
    ===========================================
    This paragraph is temporary and will be replaced by the MC with the list of sections and reader (Magic Window) once this project is in the admin system.

[list]
    [*] Project Code: Gxneq09t

[*]Link to author on Wikipedia (if available): ( Jerome) : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jerome

[*]Link to title on Wikipedia (if available): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sixto-Clementine_Vulgate
    [*]Number of sections (files) this project will have: 150
    [*]Does the project have an introduction or preface [y/n]: Yes
    [*]Original publication date (if known): 1592
    [*]If you are a new volunteer, how would you like your name (or pseudonym) credited in the catalog? Do you have a URL you would like associated with your name?:
============================================ [/size]

Genres for the project: Bibles

Keywords that describe the book:

============================================

[*]The reader will record the following at the beginning and end of each file:
No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
START of recording (Intro):
  • "Pars prima Vulgatae Clementinae. Haec est transcriptio vocis a societate Librivoce facta. Omnia quae hic conservantur bono publico usui sunt. Vel ut plus scias, vel ut societatem adjuves, utinam revisas locum interretialem: Librivox punctum org. "

[*]The reader will record the following at the beginning and end of each file:
No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
START of recording (Intro):

For the second and all subsequent sections, you may optionally use the shortened form of this intro disclaimer:
  • "Pars [numerus] Vulgatae Clementinae. Haec transcriptio a societate Librivoce facta bono publico usui est"

END of recording:
  • At the end of the section, say:
    "Finis partis [numerus]"
  • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
    "Finis Vulgatae Clementinae. "

There should be ~5 seconds silence at the end of the recording.

[*]Example filename bibliasacra_###_vulgataclementina_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number (e.g. bibliasacra_001_vulgataclementina_128kb.mp3)

[*]Example ID3 V2 tags
Artist: Vulgata Clementina
Title: ### - [Section title]
Album: Biblia Sacra

Transfer of files (completed recordings)
Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
  • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader Image
    (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
  • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: icequeen
  • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
  • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.

Any questions?
Please post below[/list]
Last edited by bedwere on September 9th, 2019, 2:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Hi bedwere!

Well, this one is going to be fun! I have your MW ready for you, but I am checking with the other admins right now about your text source. We may have to go with another one, and I did find the Clementina Vulgata on hathitrust. https://babel.hathitrust.org/cgi/pt?id=umn.31951002357870u&view=1up&seq=7 That one looks very clean, and was published in 1922. I will keep you updated on what has been decided.
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Your source I think is fine, since on the first page of the site, it states that the text is in the public domain. We will go ahead and use that one. As far as the set up, I have had to change a few things because of the way that we set up Bible projects. The author is not going to be St Jerome, but the version being used. For your intros, it should probably be "Par prima Vulgatae Clementinae," without saying, " a santo Eusebio Sophronio Hieronymo." Then the rest of the intro is fine, and also the shortened intro is fine. The title of the project in the Magic Window, I think that I need to change that from "Bible" to "Biblia Sacra." But, I think for now, we are ready to start! I will move us over to Going Solo now!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
bedwere

Post by bedwere »

Section zeroth ready for PL. Please notice that in the first preface I took the liberty of correcting what I consider mistakes.
Tantus autem Clemens fidem catholicam tutus est opere et sermone, quantus et ipsius Vulgata revelationem Dei ab imminentibus periculis custodivit.
I think it should be Tantum ..., quantum .. as adverbs.

Meaning that as much as Clemens protected the faith etc .etc., so much he preserved etc. etc., like in Lauda Sion (Quantum potes, tantum aude).
A nominative quantus would refer to how big Clemens was and doesn't make sense to me.
Singulis deinceps annuentibus Papis, minutim sancti libri emittebantur, et postremo anno salutis MCMXCV Biblia tota perfecta est.
minutatim.
et Lutherus dimidium errorum coæqualum nostrorum non cogitavit.
coaequalium (cfr. AG 1.18.1.116)

EDIT:
I did find mĭnūtim in L&S under minuo:
mĭnūtim, into small pieces, finely, minutely (ante-class. and post-Aug.): concidere, Cato, R. R. 123: scoria minutim fracta, Plin. 34, 18, 51, § 171; Gell. 17, 8, 2.—

Since I recently quarreled with an ultra-Ciceronian about using si to introduce indirect questions, I must accept minutim!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Here we go!

The Praefationes needs one small addition. At 9:19, you are missing, "ad Titum," otherwise everything else is great! I am looking forward to this!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
bedwere

Post by bedwere »

Thank you, Icequeen! Section 000 is ready for spot PL.
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

And now section 000 is PL OK!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
bedwere

Post by bedwere »

Section 1 is ready for PL. Cheers!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Section 1 needs an addition to be perfect.

At about 14:26, you are missing...
quia pulvis es et in pulverem reverteris. 20 Et vocavit Adam nomen uxoris suæ, Heva : eo quod mater esset cunctorum viventium. 21 Fecit quoque Dominus Deus Adæ et uxori ejus tunicas pelliceas, et induit eos : 22 et ait : Ecce Adam quasi unus ex nobis factus est, sciens bonum et malum : nunc ergo ne forte mittat manum suam, et sumat etiam de ligno vitæ, et comedat, et vivat in æternum. 23 Et emisit eum Dominus Deus de paradiso voluptatis, ut operaretur terram de qua sumptus est.
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
bedwere

Post by bedwere »

Many thanks, Icequeen. Section 1 is ready for spot PL. I think I was confused by the two de qua sumptus est at 19 and 23 and restarted from the wrong one!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

No problem! This is why I follow along with the text, just to make sure we get everything. Eve needed to get her name! Section 001 is now PL OK!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
bedwere

Post by bedwere »

Section 2 is ready for PL. Cheers!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Section 2 is PL OK!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
bedwere

Post by bedwere »

Section 4 is ready for PL. Cheers!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Section 3 needs one small edit.

At 5:58-:39, there is a stumble that needs to be cut out.
Ann

Audio, video, disco!