COMPLETE: [SOLO/SPANISH] Impresiones y paisajes - Lorca -leni

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Epachuko

Post by Epachuko »

This project is now complete! All files can be found in the Librivox catalog page:https://librivox.org/impresiones-y-paisajes-by-federico-garcia-lorca/

Impresiones y paisajes by Federico García Lorca (1898 - 1936).

Primera obra de Federico García Lorca, donde recoge sus impresiones y pensamientos íntimos ante la contemplación de distintos lugares de la geografía española que recorrió en sus viajes de juventud. Textos breves y evocadores, que anticipan la gran sensibilidad que desarrollaría más tarde en su poesía y teatro. Como señala en el prólogo: "los recuerdos de viaje son una vuelta a viajar, pero ya con más melancolía y dándose cuenta más intensamente de los encantos de las cosas" (Epachuko)
  • Text source (only read from this text!): http://bdh-rd.bne.es/viewer.vm?id=0000200899&page=1
  • Type of proof-listening required (Note: please read the PL FAQ): standard

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the amount of languishing projects (and hence the amount of files on our hard-pressed server), we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't managed to record anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).
    Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
  • The reader will record the following at the beginning and end of each file:
    No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
    START of recording (Intro):
    • "Chapter [number] of Impresiones y paisajes. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
    • If you wish, say:
      "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
    • Say:
      "Impresiones y paisajes, by Federico García Lorca. [Chapter]"

For the second and all subsequent sections, you may optionally use the shortened form of this intro disclaimer:
    • "Chapter [number] of Impresiones y paisajes by Federico García Lorca. This LibriVox recording is in the Public Domain."
    • If you wish, say:
    • Only if applicable, say:
      "[Chapter title]"
    END of recording:
    • At the end of the section, say:
      "End of [Chapter]"
    • If you wish, say:
    • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
      "End of Impresiones y paisajes, by Federico García Lorca. "

There should be ~5 seconds silence at the end of the recording.
  • Example filename impresionesypaisajes_##_lorca_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number (e.g. impresionesypaisajes_01_lorca_128kb.mp3)
  • Example ID3 V2 tags
    Artist: Federico García Lorca
    Title: ## - [Section title]
    Album: Impresiones y paisajes

Transfer of files (completed recordings)
    Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
    • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader Image
      (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
    • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: Leni
    • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
    • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.

Any questions?
    Please post below
Last edited by Epachuko on July 24th, 2019, 3:22 am, edited 5 times in total.
Grabaciones de Epachuko
Colabora leyendo secciones en español con nosotros en el foro Readers Wanted Languages other than English Recuerdos de mi vida (Ramón y Cajal) El Periquillo Sarniento- Cuentos valencianos - Primer romancero gitano
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

So pleased to see your interest in this! As far as I know, this is the only Lorca available to us for recording with the exception of one (maybe two) plays. (Of course, his first book poems is available, but already recorded twice.)

My Spanish is not strong, but I think I can serve as an adequate DPL should I be useful. (I speak Portuguese and English and confound people when I try to actually speak Spanish.)

Kevin
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

Hello, everybody!

The project is up! As soon as you see it, I will move it to the Going Solo forum. :D
Leni
=================
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

É só esperar e ... já! ... aparece um MC. É livro importante.
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Hahhah! Amazing! Thank you, Leni!
Epachuko

Post by Epachuko »

Great Kevin and Leni!! :clap: :clap: as soon as i record a few chapters I will let you know folks!
Grabaciones de Epachuko
Colabora leyendo secciones en español con nosotros en el foro Readers Wanted Languages other than English Recuerdos de mi vida (Ramón y Cajal) El Periquillo Sarniento- Cuentos valencianos - Primer romancero gitano
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

Moving us over to Going Solo.
Leni
=================
Epachuko

Post by Epachuko »

There we go with the first chapters!!

I will try to upload a few chapters once a week, hopefully sunday or monday, cause I have not too much time for recording and editing.

Let´s see if we can do a decent recording for this nice text of the great Federico García Lorca!! :P :P
Grabaciones de Epachuko
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Beautiful text, beautiful reading.

Only two problems in the fourth section. There are repeats at 2:50 +/- and 7:43 +/-. 'En el inferno' and 'por el fundo' is what I remember.

Also, you might consider including the quotation from St. Paul at the opening of Section 5. In the English readings, one is expected to read all but footnotes and extraneous material. I don't know about the foreign language recordings.

I know I'm going to enjoy this project very much. I'm so pleased you are reading it. You are Spanish? I miss that accent very much.
Epachuko

Post by Epachuko »

Ok, thank you very much for your attentive PL!!!

I take note of your notes, but if you do not mind fellas, I woul rather make all the fixing and corrections you pointed when all the chapters have been recorded, is just because is easier for me to be on "editing and fixinf files" mode ahaha :mrgreen:

KevinS, you are guilty of my return to Librivox recordings... :lol: I stop a few months ago cause I could not get enough time, but I saw your Lorca proposal I and could not help it... :P :P :P

P.D. Yes, my friend, for good or evil I have the accent of Spain, I am glad you like it :P . I love the great amount of different accents one can find here at Librivox!
Grabaciones de Epachuko
Epachuko

Post by Epachuko »

Five new chapters are uploaded, slowly but steady :D
Grabaciones de Epachuko
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Section 8 has just one problem. The last sentence is repeated.
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

I mean to listen to everything today, but am not feeling well here at 10 p.m. If I could work lying down, I would continue---I love this work so---but maybe sleep is best.

You're doing a wonderful job with this.

Do you know some of these places that Lorca visits?
Epachuko

Post by Epachuko »

Ahahaha you know what they said: "Body rested, money´s worth" :mrgreen:

KevinS, I think we both are really enjoying this little "trip" that Lorca has left behind... I do enjoyr more than I expected this reading. Yeah, I have been at many of the places he describes in this pages, and probably in the last chapters he mention a few ones more I already know too!!

As you love poetry and Lorca´s work, I would like to invite you to listen two songs made with his poems that I like a lot:

- -"Canción del Jinete" cantada por Paco Ibañez : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AY7t6pxpdaE
- -"Romance de la luna luna" cantada por Carmen Paris : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNQiUqm36Rw

Thanks you very much Kevin for DPL and complicity!!
Grabaciones de Epachuko
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Section 10 has one repetition beginning around 3:00. (acostumbrado...)

Thank you for the links to the music!