COMPLETE: Jr Classics vol6, Old Fashioned Tales by Various- jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
linny

Post by linny »

The Junior Classics — Volume 6: Old-Fashioned Tales by Various.

This project is now complete. All audio files can be found on our catalog page here:

https://librivox.org/the-junior-classics-volume-6-old-fashioned-tales-by-various/

This collection of The Junior Classics is compiled from many wonderful authors including Alcott, Dickens, Hawthorne, and Carroll. The stories are suitable for all ages and as with the rest of the series include the teaching of morals.
    1. How to claim a part, and "how it all works" here To find a section to record, simply look at point 5. below at the sections. All the ones without names beside them are "up for grabs." Click "Post reply" at the top left of the screen and tell us which section you would like to read (include the section number from the left-most column in the reader list, please). Read points 6. to 8. below for what to do before, during and after your recording.
    2. New to recording? Please read our Newbie Guide to Recording!
    3. Is there a deadline? We ask that you submit your recorded sections within 1-2 months of placing your claim. Please note that to be fair to the readers who have completed their sections in a timely way, if you haven't submitted your recording(s) after two months, your sections will automatically be re-opened for other readers to claim, unless you post in this thread to request an extension. Extensions will be granted at the discretion of the Book Coordinator. If you cannot do your section, for whatever reason, just let me know and it'll go back to the pool. There's no shame in this; we're all volunteers and things happen.Please do not sign up for more sections than you can complete within the two month deadline.
    4. Where do I find the text? Source text (please only read from this text!): http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/6577
    5. Please claim sections (the numbers in the first column below)! If this is your first recording, please let me know under which name or pseudonym you'd like to appear in the LibriVox catalogue. We can also link to a personal website/blog. Please see "New to Recording" above.

Prospective Prooflisteners: Please read the Listeners Wanted FAQ before listening! Level of prooflistening requested: standard - Linny will DPL

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin

Genres for the project: Children's Fiction/Myths, Legends & Fairy Tales; Children's Fiction/Action & Adventure

Keywords that describe the book: Alice in wonderland

============================================
    6. BEFORE recording: Please check the Recording Notes: viewtopic.php?p=6430#p6430

Set your recording software to:
      Channels: 1 (Mono)
      Bit Rate: 128 kbps
      Sample Rate: 44.1 kHz
    7. DURING recording:
      No more than 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
      Make sure you add this to the beginning of your recording:
      START of recording (Intro)
      • "Section [number] of The Junior Classics — Volume 6: Old-Fashioned Tales. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
      • If you wish, say: "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
      • Say:
        "The Junior Classics — Volume 6: Old-Fashioned Tales. [Section title]"

END of recording
      • At the end of the section, say:
        "End of Section [number]"
      • If you wish, say:
        "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
      • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
        "End of The Junior Classics — Volume 6: Old-Fashioned Tales, compiled by William Patten."

There should be ~5 seconds silence at the end of the recording.

Please remember to check this thread frequently for updates!
    8. AFTER recording
      Need noise-cleaning?
      Listen to your file through headphones. If you can hear some constant background noise (hiss/buzz), you may want to clean it up a bit. The latest version of Audacity is recommended for noise-cleaning. See this LibriVox wiki page for a complete guide.
      Save files as
      128 kbps MP3
      juniorclassicsvol6_##_patten_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number (e.g. juniorclassicsvol6_01_patten_128kb.mp3)
    9. ID3 V2 tags
      Please ignore tags - these will be filled in automatically at the cataloguing stage.
      Transfer of files (completed recordings) Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
      • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader:
        https://librivox.org/login/uploader
        (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
      • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: knotyouraveragejo
      • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
      • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.

Any questions?
      Please post below
Last edited by linny on October 30th, 2019, 9:17 am, edited 3 times in total.
Foon

Post by Foon »

Hi Linny,
I look forward to reading for this volume :D

Just a note, I believe the Gilbert Patten you linked to on WP isn't the same William Patten--the birth/death years of the author (according to PG) don't line up.
Foon - Real life is getting in the way of LV, will be slow until all is back on track, please bear with me!

Readers needed:
Dramatic Reading: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Folklore/legends: Arabian Nights Vol. 11
Play: Zeus the Tragedian
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

Will set this up for you, Linny. MW coming up shortly.
Jo
thestorygirl

Post by thestorygirl »

:P Is it too soon to start asking for chapters?
If it's not, I have my eye on
The Flight of the Dolls
Alice in Wonderland intro
Down the Rabbit-Hole
The Pool of Tears
Advice from a Caterpillar
A Mad Tea-Party
Thanks!
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Foon wrote: November 10th, 2018, 11:15 am Hi Linny,
I look forward to reading for this volume :D

Just a note, I believe the Gilbert Patten you linked to on WP isn't the same William Patten--the birth/death years of the author (according to PG) don't line up.
I agree with Foon. We have the wrong wiki page linked to this William Patten. I've corrected this, but I'm thinking we should probably list this as Various, since Patten didn't actually write the stories. He is credited as having "Selected and Arranged" them. If I keep Patten and add Various, it will show on the catalog page as by Various and William Patten like on this page https://librivox.org/international-short-stories-volume-1-american-stories-by-william-patten/. What do you think, Linny?
Jo
linny

Post by linny »

Thank you, Jo! :clap:

Due to word counts, I had to add 2 sections. I can add them to the MW. I only mention it because I'm not sure if it's a database field.
linny

Post by linny »

Jo,
I think it should be various. I was wondering why it was Patten but I saw the rest in the series were that way so I just kept it going.
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

I'll do a little magic behind the scenes and make them all consistent. :?
Jo
linny

Post by linny »

I'm sorry, Jo. I'm beginning to think it might be me. I do seem to have those types of projects which cause behind the scenes craziness. :roll:
linny

Post by linny »

thestorygirl wrote: November 10th, 2018, 11:33 am :P Is it too soon to start asking for chapters?
If it's not, I have my eye on
The Flight of the Dolls
Alice in Wonderland intro
Down the Rabbit-Hole
The Pool of Tears
Advice from a Caterpillar
A Mad Tea-Party
Thanks!
Thank you for getting us started. I've combined the Alice in Wonderland intro with Down the Rabbit-Hole. Please let me know if you have any questions.
thestorygirl

Post by thestorygirl »

Wonderful! Thanks!
I'm working on finishing up some of my other projects...
:D
Foon

Post by Foon »

May I claim 40 and 41 to start? I'll look through the rest of the sections later, but I definitely want to read Alice ;)
Foon - Real life is getting in the way of LV, will be slow until all is back on track, please bear with me!

Readers needed:
Dramatic Reading: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Folklore/legends: Arabian Nights Vol. 11
Play: Zeus the Tragedian
linny

Post by linny »

Well, this is exciting. It's been years since I launched a project with such a warm reception.

Foon, sections 40 and 41 are all yours. Thank you. :D
Yanyann

Post by Yanyann »

Hi there!
May I claim sections 15&16: A Lost Wand pt.1&2?
I am familiar with this story and I would be very honored to read this story if I can~ 😊
I just joined recently and still trying to get my one-minute test evaluated. Please take some time to listen and give me critique on recording quality: https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_yanyann.mp3
linny

Post by linny »

Hello Yanyann,
I left comments in your listeners wanted thread. viewtopic.php?f=21&t=72457&p=1523563#p1523563

You might find that after recording you need Audacity for editing. I'm not sure what editing features the ipod touch and your converter have for you. We all need to edit our readings. It generally takes much longer to edit than it does to read. Let me know if I can be of help.

Here is your catalog page: https://librivox.org/reader/12908
The Reader section details link is a great way to keep track of your readings when you are working on multiple projects.