COMPLETE Darby Bible: Galatians by John Nelson Darby - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Hultstrand

Post by Hultstrand »

Bible (Darby) NT 09: Galatians by Darby Bible ( - 0). Translated by John Nelson Darby (1800 - 1882)

This project is now complete! All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/bible-darby-nt-09-galatians/

The Darby Bible consists of a translation of the New Testament by John Nelson Darby, originally published in 1867, and a translation of the Old Testament, included in later editions of the text, completed by Darby's students after his death. The text for this recording comes from the second edition of the Darby Bible. ( Aaron Hultstrand)
  • Text source (only read from this text!): https://archive.org/details/DarbysWritingsNewTranslationNewTestamentSynopsisBooksBibleMulti
  • Type of proof-listening required (Note: please read the PL FAQ): word perfect

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the amount of languishing projects (and hence the amount of files on our hard-pressed server), we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't managed to record anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).
    Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
  • The reader will record the following at the beginning and end of each file:
    No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
    START of recording (Intro):
    • "Chapter [number] of the book of Galatians. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
    • If you wish, say:
      "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
    • Say:
      "The book of Galatians, from the Darby Bible. Translated by John Nelson Darby [Chapter]"

For the second and all subsequent sections, you may optionally use the shortened form of this intro disclaimer:
    • "Chapter [number] of the book of Galatians. Translated by John Nelson Darby. This LibriVox recording is in the Public Domain."
    • If you wish, say:
    • Only if applicable, say:
      "[Chapter title]"
    END of recording:
    • At the end of the section, say:
      "End of [Chapter]"
    • If you wish, say:
    • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
      "End of the book of Galatians, from the Darby Bible. Translated by John Nelson Darby"

There should be ~5 seconds silence at the end of the recording.
  • Example filename galatians_##_darby_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number (e.g. galatians_01_darby_128kb.mp3)
  • Example ID3 V2 tags
    Artist: Darby Bible
    Title: ## - [Section title]
    Album: Bible (Darby) NT 09: Galatians

Transfer of files (completed recordings)
    Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
    • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader
      (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
    • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: TriciaG
    • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
    • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.

Any questions?
    Please post below
Last edited by Hultstrand on September 27th, 2018, 6:10 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Aaron Hultstrand

"What for?...to that question a simple answer was now always ready in his soul: because there is a God." ~War and Peace
Hultstrand

Post by Hultstrand »

Hi! So I actually started this Darby Bible project a couple years ago, and I had recorded the audio files for Galatians, I just did not get around to getting them posted and uploaded!
Therefore, as soon as someone is able to proof listen, I have all the files ready and can upload them in one big bunch and then fix what needs fixing :)
Aaron Hultstrand

"What for?...to that question a simple answer was now always ready in his soul: because there is a God." ~War and Peace
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Do you want standard or word perfect PL?
I didn't see that specified.
~ Larry
aradlaw
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by aradlaw »

You will have to change the filename, our uploader does not like brackets - galatians_##_darby_128kb.mp3 would be sufficient. :wink:
David Lawrence

* Weekly & Fortnightly Poetry - Check out the Short Works forum for the latest projects!
Hultstrand

Post by Hultstrand »

It should be a word perfect PL.

I switched the format of the file names, thank you!
Aaron Hultstrand

Hultstrand

Post by Hultstrand »

Also, a note to whoever proof listens...when you go to the Archive.org Darby text, select the second link for the text

(https://archive.org/stream/DarbysWritingsNewTranslationNewTestamentSynopsisBooksBibleMulti/00.2.NewTranslNT.GospActsEpistBkRev.DarbyJN.CritNotes.Index.2ndrev.Lon.GMor.1867.#page/n3/mode/2up)

It is a much better scan and the one that I read off of
Aaron Hultstrand

silverquill

Post by silverquill »

OK, I will be glad to PL this for you.
I'll do my best to get the sections done in a timely manner, but it may be spread out over a few days.
~ Larry
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

This is set up.

You don't need to add the ID tags; the cataloging system does it auto-magically. 8-)

Any other questions? If not, we can zip this over to Going Solo.
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
Hultstrand

Post by Hultstrand »

Thanks to both!! I'm ready to go :)
Aaron Hultstrand

Hultstrand

Post by Hultstrand »

Okay I got the files up! Take your time proof listening :)
Aaron Hultstrand

silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Okay, I have some confusion here.

I made the notes below following the text given in the heading.

Only then did I also look at the second link that you posted, and found that the text is different!
So, if you read from that second one, why did you put the other link in the initial post?

Anyway, my notes for Chapter 1 are below.
Minor things, but you asked for word perfect PL.
I've bracketed the ones that apply to the text in the first linked version, so I guess you can ignore those. But, I think you might want to identify, in some way in your introduction, which version you are reading from. The first link appears to be the Third Edition and the second link to the clearer text is the Second Edition.

0:22 slight hesitation with “Book of Galatians” -- up to you.
0:33-34 Text: “Not from men nor through man” I hear, “Not from men nor through men
2:32 (v 14) Text: “being exceedingly zealous” I hear, “doing exceedingly zealous”

[2:54 (v 16) Text: “I took not counsel” I hear, “I did not take counsel”]
[2:57 Text: “Nor went I up to Jerusalem” I hear, “Nor did I go up to Jerusalem”]
3:11 Text “to make acquaintance with Peter” I hear, “to make acquaintENance with Peter” (extra syllable)
[3:20 Text, “but James, brother of the Lord” I hear, “unless James, brother of the Lord”]
~ Larry
Hultstrand

Post by Hultstrand »

Sorry for the confusion. I put the link for the other text in the post because that goes to the "home page" for the Darby Bible on Gutenberg so that's why I put it. The link that I put in the thread goes only to the reading view of the second edition text. Though perhaps I should just link directly to the second edition text...

I got the Chapter 1 ready for spot PL
Aaron Hultstrand

silverquill

Post by silverquill »

OK. I'll spot check this one as soon as I can
Pastor's meeting today, and tomorrow a promised family day.
~ Larry
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Chapter 1: Spot check, PL OK

Chapter 2:

0:32 - "which I preach among the nations" I heard "preached"

2:11 - "which same thing also I was diligent to do" I heard "I have been"

2:40 - "the same dissembling part with him" - hesitation between "dissembling" and "part" that seems a little weird. :)

3:04 - "how dost thou compel the nations" I hear "why"

8 seconds of silence at the end, according to my player. You might want to cut this back to 5.

Chapter 3:

2:21 - "cursed is every one hanged upon a tree" - I hear "hung"

4:55 - "then ye are Abraham's seed" - I hear "ye are of Abraham's"

About 7-8 seconds of silence

Chapter 4:

0:23 - "he differs nothing from a bondman" - I hear "bondsman" (not sure if this is worth an edit)

2:43 - "But it is right to be zealous at all times in what is right" - I hear "But it is right to be zealous in what is right at all times"

4:14 - "But ye, brethren" - I hear "but we"

Chapter 5:

0:17-0:25 - text: "Christ has set us free in freedom; stand fast therefore, and be not held again in a yoke of bondage." I hear "Stand fast therefore in the freedom wherewith Christ freed us, and be not held again in a yoke of bondage."

1:18 - "The persuasibleness is not of him" - I hear "persuableness" :)

1:50 - "I would that they would even" - I hear "I would that ye"

2:57 - "Fornication, uncleanness" - I hear "uncleanliness" (I think they're different - one's being physically dirty, the other spiritually dirty)

3:57 - "Let us not become vain-glorious" - you say "vain-glorious" as if it's two separate things; perhaps better to run them together, as that's what is meant? :)

About 7 seconds of silence at the end.

Chapter 6:

PL OK!
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
Hultstrand

Post by Hultstrand »

Okay they are all ready for a spot PL!
Thank you! Your PL notes are really easy to follow :D

That word persuasibleness is an interesting word and a mouthful to get out! haha
Aaron Hultstrand