COMPLETE[POETRY] Rhymes of a Red Cross Man by Robert W. Service-ag

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Rhymes of a Red Cross Man by Robert W. Service (1874 - 1958).

Robert Service was born in Lancashire, England, but at age 21 moved to Canada and eventually ended up in the Yukon during the gold rush. His poems, "The Shooting of Dan McGrew" and "The Cremation of Sam McGee" helped secure his reputation as the “Bard of the Yukon.” During World War I, Service was an ambulance driver and stretcher bearer for the Red Cross. This volume of poems springs from these experiences during the war. ( Larry Wilson)

• This project is now complete. All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/rhymes-of-a-red-cross-man-by-robert-w-service/
    1. How to claim a part, and "how it all works" here To find a section to record, simply look at point 5. below at the sections. All the ones without names beside them are "up for grabs." Click "Post reply" at the top left of the screen and tell us which section you would like to read (include the section number from the left-most column in the reader list, please). Read points 6. to 8. below for what to do before, during and after your recording.
    2. New to recording? Please read our Newbie Guide to Recording!
    3. Is there a deadline? We ask that you submit your recorded sections within 1-2 months of placing your claim. Please note that to be fair to the readers who have completed their sections in a timely way, if you haven't submitted your recording(s) after two months, your sections will automatically be re-opened for other readers to claim, unless you post in this thread to request an extension. Extensions will be granted at the discretion of the Book Coordinator. If you cannot do your section, for whatever reason, just let me know and it'll go back to the pool. There's no shame in this; we're all volunteers and things happen.Please do not sign up for more sections than you can complete within the two month deadline.
    4. Where do I find the text? Source text (please only read from this text!): http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/315
    5. Please claim sections (the numbers in the first column below)! If this is your first recording, please let me know under which name or pseudonym you'd like to appear in the LibriVox catalogue. We can also link to a personal website/blog.

Prospective Prooflisteners: Please read the Listeners Wanted FAQ before listening! Level of prooflistening requested: standard

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
      ===========================================

Genres for the project: Poetry/Single author

Keywords that describe the book:

============================================
    6. BEFORE recording: Please check the Recording Notes: viewtopic.php?p=6430#p6430

Set your recording software to:
      Channels: 1 (Mono)
      Bit Rate: 128 kbps
      Sample Rate: 44.1 kHz
    7. DURING recording:
      • No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
      • At the beginning of the recording, read the abbreviated "LibriVox disclaimer":
      "[Poem title], by Robert W. Service, read for LibriVox.org" by [your name] or some variation on that, adding date, location, your personal URL, etc., if you wish.
      • Then read the poem.
      • At the end, say: "End of poem. This recording is in the public domain." and leave five seconds of silence.
      At the end of the book, also say, "End of Rhymes of a Red Cross Man by Robert W. Service."

There should be 5 seconds silence at the end of the recording.

Please remember to check this thread frequently for updates!
  • AFTER recording
    Need noise-cleaning?
    Listen to your file through headphones. If you can hear some constant background noise (hiss/buzz), you may want to clean it up a bit. The latest version of Audacity is recommended for noise-cleaning. See this LibriVox wiki page for a complete guide.
    Save files as
    128 kbps MP3
    redcrossman_##_service_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number (e.g. redcrossman_01_service_128kb.mp3)

Please ignore tags. They will be filled in automatically at the cataloguing stage.
    Transfer of files (completed recordings) Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
    • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader
      (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
    • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: alg1001
    • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
    • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.

Any questions?
    Please post below
Last edited by silverquill on October 21st, 2018, 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~ Larry
NOTE: Traveling without internet until March 17
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Hi Larry,
I will MC this for you.
Cheers!
Amy
In the mind, or consciousness of the Earth this flower first lay latent as a dream. Perhaps, in her consciousness, it nested as that which in us corresponds to a little thought.--A.Blackwood
NobelActual

Post by NobelActual »

I'd love to claim dpl if I could.
NobelActual
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Thanks for picking this up, Amy!
Always a pleasure to work with you.
Couldn't get to the MW until tonight, but it is set up.
We have a DPL, so we could go to short works.
~ Larry
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Sure thing, Larry.
Over to Short Works. :)
In the mind, or consciousness of the Earth this flower first lay latent as a dream. Perhaps, in her consciousness, it nested as that which in us corresponds to a little thought.--A.Blackwood
unclejoe

Post by unclejoe »

I would like to read Section 14 please.

14 Our Hero Open

aloha,
joe t.
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

unclejoe wrote: September 18th, 2018, 10:44 pm I would like to read Section 14 please.

14 Our Hero Open

aloha,
joe t.
You have it.
Thanks!
~ Larry
Schwa

Post by Schwa »

Hi there!

New to LibriVox and would like to take a stab at some of these. Here are the following sections I would like:

2 The Fool
3 The Volunteer
4 The Convalescent
8 The Lark
34 Grand-pere
42 Faith
48 The Twins

Let me know!
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Schwa wrote: September 19th, 2018, 6:46 am Hi there!

New to LibriVox and would like to take a stab at some of these. Here are the following sections I would like:

2 The Fool
3 The Volunteer
4 The Convalescent
8 The Lark
34 Grand-pere
42 Faith
48 The Twins

Let me know!
Welcome to LibriVox.
Before I can assign these to you, I need to know how you would like to be listed in the LibriVox catalog. Many of use use our real names, but you may choose any pseudonym or nickname that you wish. This is how you will be credited for all of your projects.
Since these will be your first recordings, lets start out with the first three, and we can add the others after that.
~ Larry
Schwa

Post by Schwa »

silverquill wrote: September 19th, 2018, 10:06 am
Schwa wrote: September 19th, 2018, 6:46 am Hi there!

2 The Fool
3 The Volunteer
4 The Convalescent
8 The Lark
34 Grand-pere
42 Faith
48 The Twins

Let me know!
Welcome to LibriVox.
Before I can assign these to you, I need to know how you would like to be listed in the LibriVox catalog. Many of use use our real names, but you may choose any pseudonym or nickname that you wish. This is how you will be credited for all of your projects.
Since these will be your first recordings, lets start out with the first three, and we can add the others after that.
2 The Fool
3 The Volunteer
4 The Convalescent

Will be the ones I undertake. As for my name, it is Joshua Cabana can be used for the credits. I will get back with you soon with results!
unclejoe

Post by unclejoe »

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/redcrossman_14_service_128kb.mp3 2:08

uploaded.....thanks! Wanted to take part in this one!

aloha,
joe t.
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Schwa wrote: September 19th, 2018, 11:50 am
2 The Fool
3 The Volunteer
4 The Convalescent

Will be the ones I undertake. As for my name, it is Joshua Cabana can be used for the credits. I will get back with you soon with results!
Wonderful!
I've added you to the LV Catalog and assigned these sections to you.
You can click on your name in the Magic Window to see your personal catalog page.
This is where you will see all of your LV projects. You can also use it to track your current assignments.

Looking forward to hearing your recordings.
~ Larry
Schwa

Post by Schwa »

Last edited by Schwa on September 21st, 2018, 5:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

I like to take a listen for our new readers, so I PLd Section 2.

All tech specs for both of these are fine -- a bit high on the volume, but still within the acceptable range.
On section 2, however, you omitted the disclaimer at the end: End of poem. This recording is in the public domain.
Just add that, upload it again and post here with the new file length.

Our DPL will be along to listen to the rest.

I'll go ahead and sign you up for the rest of the sections you requested.
Thanks for the good reading :thumbs:
~ Larry
martinw

Post by martinw »

please can I take number 40?