COMPLETE Thirukkural translated by G.U. Pope -mas

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
jothi20

Post by jothi20 »

MaryAnn,
The Listen links in the magic window do not work but the one I post in the forum works. I suppose that's the way it is till you approve those links.
Regards
Jothi
jothi20

Post by jothi20 »

jothi20

Post by jothi20 »

linny

Post by linny »

jothi20 wrote: June 21st, 2018, 2:57 am MaryAnn,
The Listen links in the magic window do not work but the one I post in the forum works. I suppose that's the way it is till you approve those links.
Regards
Jothi
It looks like you copied the time (5.09) part into that column. The system won't understand it that way. The time should be over in the notes column.

I can PL a few for you. I can't commit to DPL though.
jothi20

Post by jothi20 »

Thanks for pointing it out MaryAnn.
I have corrected it. It works now.
Regards
Jothi
linny

Post by linny »

The links for 1 and 10 are broken.
jothi20

Post by jothi20 »

Thanks for pointing out MaryAnn.
It's fixed now.
Regards
Jothi
linny

Post by linny »

The intro and especially the ending are much louder than the rest of the reading. (This is a general comment to be aware of moving forward.)

Section 1 PL notes:
You read the subsequent chapter intro instead of the full intro. Intro should be:
"The sacred Kural by Thiruvalluva Nayanar, Translated by G.U. Pope . This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org. Chapter [number] of Thirukkural"
"Recording by [your name]

Section 2 PL notes:
Intro: You read the change number with the chapter title instead of in front of the title. I don’t think this is a problem (MaryAnn will know for certain). If it’s ok then please revise the initial post so future PLers aren’t confused.

Your reading is very nicely done. This will be a wonderful addition to the catalog. I'll be back a little later to see if you have a DPL yet. If not, I'll PL a few more for you.
jothi20

Post by jothi20 »

Hi linny,

Thank you very much for your inputs.

1. Reg: "The intro and especially the ending are much louder than the rest of the reading. (This is a general comment to be aware of moving forward.)"
I have run the files through the Checker and made the necessary amplification processing and made sure that all the files are around 91db.
The difference in the the beginning and and the ending is largely because of the intentional tonal variation I added in keeping with the meaning and tone of the content.

2.Reg: "Section 1 PL notes:
You read the subsequent chapter intro instead of the full intro. Intro should be:
"The sacred Kural by Thiruvalluva Nayanar, Translated by G.U. Pope . This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org. Chapter [number] of Thirukkural"
"Recording by [your name] "

I have re-recorded Section 1 as per your suggestion and posted it again.

3. Reg: " Section 2 PL notes:
Intro: You read the change number with the chapter title instead of in front of the title. I don’t think this is a problem (MaryAnn will know for certain). If it’s ok then please revise the initial post so future PLers aren’t confused." I request MaryAnn that this may be allowed.

4. Reg: "Your reading is very nicely done. This will be a wonderful addition to the catalog. I'll be back a little later to see if you have a DPL yet. If not, I'll PL a few more for you."
Thank you very much. I feel very encouraged.

Regards
Jothi
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Jothi,

I think Section 2 will be fine as is.

Regards,
MaryAnn
jothi20

Post by jothi20 »

Thanks Maryann.
Regards
Jothi
jothi20

Post by jothi20 »

linny

Post by linny »

Jothi,
I may not be able to keep up with your pace but if you are willing, I can DPL for you.

I do have a question for you. Did you want English pronunciation or word changes noted? It's usually not something we do but because it's a solo and it's the Tirukkural I thought I better ask before moving forward. Sometimes with religious works the reader wants them to be PLed as word perfect. Either way is fine by me.

Section 1 is spot check PL OK
Section 2 is PL OK
jothi20

Post by jothi20 »

linny

Post by linny »

If you don't want to, you don't have to post the text with each file. I'm not using them. Since you are doing them in order it's easy enough for me to bookmark the archive text for where I've left off. :)