COMPLETE Thirukkural translated by G.U. Pope -mas

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
jothi20

Post by jothi20 »

Regarding chapter numbers, I have already prepared about 10 more files which I will be posting in the next 12 hours. So any changes may please be made after the files for Chapter 30. Re-posting is taking a lot of time for me. So if I change the file numbers, posting them again will be a problem.
Regards
Jothi
jothi20

Post by jothi20 »

linny

Post by linny »

Jothi,
I'm not sure why changes wouldn't have taken effect with a new upload. When a revised file is uploaded with the same name, the prior file is renamed so the current is always available from the link.

Any numbering changes would only be for files you haven’t already finished. I wanted to bring it up now before we got to section 100 to think about it. Each of the incorrect file names will have to be changed by MaryAnn before your work can be cataloged. Better to think about it now at the lower numbers than after you get them all posted.

Chapters 15 – 20 are all PL OK :D

I’m beginning to recognize numbers and the occasional word. Yours is a lovely language. Thank you for bring this text to audio.
jothi20

Post by jothi20 »

You are welcome linny. You seem to be a bit of a linguist! Thank you for your generous comment.
Regards
Jothi
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Wow, a lot happens while I am busy with work!

The file names will be fine as is. I will fix them to be three digits when I catalog.

As to the uploads, Jothi seems to be having problems with the uploader. Maybe it's a slow connection. As long as Linny PLs from the links in the MW, we can be sure that the link points to the correct file, whatever it's name is.

Kind regards,
MaryAnn
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Linny,
I've added you to the MW.
MaryAnn
linny

Post by linny »

Thank you, MaryAnn,
I do tend to download from the thread. I know it's a bad habit, it's just so easy. :oops: I've compared what I PLed to the MW and there are 2 that don't match what I PLed. I'll listen to those again tomorrow when I PL here again.

Jothi,
You don't actually need to post the links in the thread. If it's faster for you, you can just post that there are new sections in the MW.
jothi20

Post by jothi20 »

Thank you MaryAnn for the clarifications. I think it is my slow connection. I have discovered that the connection is really fast at certain times of the day. I plan to do the uploads only during those times.
Thank you linny for making it easy. From now on I will post on the MW and intimate the posting in the thread.
Regards
Jothi
linny

Post by linny »

Chapters 1 and 4 confirmed as spot check PL ok

Chapter 21 PL OK

Chapter 22
3:10 – 216 A tree that fruits in th’ hamlet’s central mart, Is wealth that falls to men of liberal heart.
Number repeat in Tamil instead of being read in English.
linny

Post by linny »

Chapters 23 - 30 are PL OK

MW for 26 shouldn’t include ‘penance’.
jothi20

Post by jothi20 »

lilly
Fixed and re-uploaded:
Chapter 22
3:10 – 216 A tree that fruits in th’ hamlet’s central mart, Is wealth that falls to men of liberal heart.
Number repeat in Tamil instead of being read in English.

Penance removed:
MW for 26 shouldn’t include ‘penance’.

Thanks and regards
Jothi
linny

Post by linny »

Chapter 22 is spot check PL OK

Chapters 31-35 are all PL OK. :D
jothi20

Post by jothi20 »

Chapters 36-60 are posted in the MW and are ready for PL.
Regards
Jothi