All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/coffee-break-collection-15-world-of-work-by-various/
This is the fifteenth collection of our "coffee break" series, involving public domain works that are between about 3 and 15 minutes in length. These are great for study breaks, commutes, workouts, or any time you'd like to hear a whole story and only have a few minutes to devote to listening. The theme for this collection is "The World of Work", where work or the workplace is significant. Fiction, non-fiction, essays, poetry... your choice. Please note: 'Street Musicians' and 'London Dock' contain language some listeners may find offensive. It is Librivox policy to maintain the original wording.( Lynne Thompson)
- There is no need to pre-claim. Any story, essay or poem in the Public Domain that fits the criteria for this collection is acceptable.
If this is your first recording, please let me know under which name or pseudonym you'd like to appear in the LibriVox catalogue. We can also link to a personal website/blog.
Prospective Prooflisteners: Please read the Listeners Wanted FAQ before listening! Level of prooflistening requested: standard
Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!
- Link to author on Wikipedia (if available): ( Various) : n/a
- Link to title on Wikipedia (if available):
- Number of sections (files) this project will have: 15
- Does the project have an introduction or preface [y/n]: No
- Original publication date (if known):
- If you are a new volunteer, how would you like your name (or pseudonym) credited in the catalog? Do you have a URL you would like associated with your name?:
Genres for the project: Short Stories/Anthologies
Keywords that describe the book:
[*]BEFORE recording: Please check the Recording Notes: viewtopic.php?p=6430#p6430
Set your recording software to:
Channels: 1 (Mono)
Bit Rate: 128 kbps
Sample Rate: 44.1 kHz
No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
Make sure you add this to the beginning of your recording:
"Coffee Break Collection 15 - The World of Work. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
If you wish, say: "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
" Title and author of story"
END of recording
At the end of the section, say:
"End of [title]"
If you wish, say:
"Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
Please remember to check this thread frequently for updates!
Listen to your file through headphones. If you can hear some constant background noise (hiss/buzz), you may want to clean it up a bit. The latest version of Audacity is recommended for noise-cleaning. See this LibriVox wiki page for a complete guide.
Save files as
128 kbps MP3
cb015_[shorttitleofworkinoneword]_[readersinitials]_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) (e.g. cb_015_badweather_lt_128kb.mp3)
Transfer of files (completed recordings) Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
- Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader
(If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
- You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: lt- Lynnet
- When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
- If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.
The link from the uploader
The file length in mm:ss
The title of the story.
The author of the story with birth and death dates if available.
Link to the online text.
Please post below[/list]