This project is now complete! All audio files can now be found on the catalog page for this project: https://librivox.org/selected-poems-of-francis-thompson-by-francis-thompson/
Francis Thompson, an English poet and author, is best known for his poem "Hound of Heaven," included in this selection of his poems. After submitting some poems to the magazine "Merrie England," the editors, Wilfrid and Alice Meynell, became his benefactors and published his first volume, "Poems." Wilfrid Meynell selected these poems form Thompson's works and provides an enlightening biographical sketch. At the end of this volume is a selection of tributes to Thompson ranging from newspaper reviews to an appreciation from G.K Chesterton. ( Larry Wilson)
- How to claim a part, and "how it all works" here To find a section to record, simply look at point 5. below at the sections. All the ones without names beside them are "up for grabs." Click "Post reply" at the top left of the screen and tell us which section you would like to read (include the section number from the left-most column in the reader list, please). Read points 6. to 8. below for what to do before, during and after your recording.
- New to recording? Please read our Newbie Guide to Recording!
- Is there a deadline? We ask that you submit your recorded sections within 1-2 months of placing your claim. Please note that to be fair to the readers who have completed their sections in a timely way, if you haven't submitted your recording(s) after two months, your sections will automatically be re-opened for other readers to claim, unless you post in this thread to request an extension. Extensions will be granted at the discretion of the Book Coordinator. If you cannot do your section, for whatever reason, just let me know and it'll go back to the pool. There's no shame in this; we're all volunteers and things happen.Please do not sign up for more sections than you can complete within the two month deadline.
- Where do I find the text? Source text (please only read from this text!): http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/41215
- Please claim sections (the numbers in the first column below)! If this is your first recording, please let me know under which name or pseudonym you'd like to appear in the LibriVox catalogue. We can also link to a personal website/blog.
Prospective Prooflisteners: Please read the Listeners Wanted FAQ before listening! Level of prooflistening requested: standard
Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!
BC Admin ===========================================
This paragraph is temporary and will be replaced by the MC with the list of sections and reader (Magic Window) once this project is in the admin system.
[*] Project Code: rCJV1DYY
[*]Link to author on Wikipedia (if available): (Francis Thompson) : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Francis_Thompson
[*]Link to title on Wikipedia (if available):
[*]Number of sections (files) this project will have: 52
[*]Does the project have an introduction or preface [y/n]: No
[*]Original publication date (if known): 1908
[*]If you are a new volunteer, how would you like your name (or pseudonym) credited in the catalog? Do you have a URL you would like associated with your name?:
Genres for the project: Poetry/Single author
Keywords that describe the book: children, religion, england, poety
- BEFORE recording: Please check the Recording Notes: http://librivox.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6427#6430
Set your recording software to:
Channels: 1 (Mono)
Bit Rate: 128 kbps
Sample Rate: 44.1 kHz
- DURING recording:
• No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
• At the beginning of the recording, read the abbreviated "LibriVox disclaimer":
"[Poem title], by Francis Thompson, read for LibriVox.org" by [your name] or some variation on that, adding date, location, your personal URL, etc., if you wish.
• Then read the poem. NOTE: Please read the section headings a given in the MW if they go with your poem.
• At the end, say: "End of poem. This recording is in the public domain." and leave five seconds of silence.
At the end of the book, also say, "End of Selected Poems of Francis Thompson by Francis Thompson."
There should be 5 seconds silence at the end of the recording.
Please remember to check this thread frequently for updates!
Listen to your file through headphones. If you can hear some constant background noise (hiss/buzz), you may want to clean it up a bit. The new (free) version 1.3.3. of Audacity has much improved noise-cleaning. See this LibriVox wiki page for a complete guide.
Save files as
128 kbps MP3
selectedpoems_##_thompson_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number (e.g. selectedpoems_01_thompson_128kb.mp3)
[*]Example ID3 V2 tags IT IS NOT NECESSARY TO PUT IN ID3 TAGS. IF YOU'D STILL LIKE TO DO IT, HERE IS HOW:
(To find out more about ID3 tags, go to our wiki: http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/What_is_ID3)
Add the following tags to your .mp3 file (how you do this depends on which software you use – if you are unsure about ID3 tags, send me a message). Please mind upper and lower case!
Artist: Francis Thompson
Title: ## - [Section title]
Album: Selected Poems of Francis Thompson
Please ignore tags for Genre and Track Number - these will be filled in automatically at the cataloguing stage.
Transfer of files (completed recordings) Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
- Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader
(If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
- You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: kathrinee
- When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
- If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.
Please post below[/list][/list]