This project is now complete! All audio files can now be found on the catalog page for this project: https://librivox.org/selected-poems-of-yone-noguchi-by-yone-noguchi/
"Yone Noguchi was an influential Japanese writer of poetry, fiction, essays, and literary criticism in both English and Japanese. Critical evaluations of Noguchi, while varying drastically, have frequently stressed the enigmatic character of his work. Arthur Symons referred to him as a "scarcely to be apprehended personality." Arthur Ransome called him "a poet whose poems are so separate that a hundred of them do not suffice for his expression." Ezra Pound, on first reading The Pilgrimage in 1911 wrote that "His poems seem to be rather beautiful. I don't quite know what to think about them." Nishiwaki Junzaburō wrote, "Most of his earlier poems have always seemed to me so terrific, so bewildering, as to startle me out of reason or system." ( Wikipedia)
- Text source (only read from this text!): https://archive.org/details/selectedpoemsofy00nogurich
- Type of proof-listening required (Note: please read the PL FAQ): special
IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the amount of languishing projects (and hence the amount of files on our hard-pressed server), we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't managed to record anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).
Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!
BC Admin ===========================================
Genres for the project: Poetry
Keywords that describe the book: japanese poets, transnationalism
- The reader will record the following at the beginning and end of each file:
No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
START of recording (Intro):
- "Foreword of Selected Poems of Yone Noguchi. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
- If you wish, say:
"Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
"Selected Poems of Yone Noguchi, by Yone Noguchi. [Section name]"
At the end, say: "End of Foreword" and leave five seconds of silence.
For the second and all subsequent sections, use the shortened form of this intro disclaimer:
• No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
• At the beginning of the recording, read the abbreviated "LibriVox disclaimer":
"[Poem title], by Yone Noguchi, read for LibriVox.org by [your name]"
• Then read the poem.
• At the end, say: "End of poem. This recording is in the public domain." and leave five seconds of silence.
- At the end of the book, say (in addition):
"End of Selected Poems of Yone Noguchi, by Yone Noguchi. "
There should be 5 seconds silence at the end of the recording.
[*]Example filename selectednoguchi_##_noguchi_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number (e.g. selectednoguchi_01_noguchi_128kb.mp3)
Transfer of files (completed recordings)
Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
- Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader:https://librivox.org/login/uploader
(If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
- You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: kitty
- When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
- If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.
Please post below[/list]