[COMPLETE] The Mucker by Edgar Rice Burroughs-ans

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
JoeDeNoia

Post by JoeDeNoia »

The Mucker by Edgar Rice Burroughs (1875-1950).

This project is now complete! All audio files can now be found on the catalog page for this project: https://librivox.org/the-mucker-by-edgar-rice-burroughs/
Byrne was a vicious animal - ruthless, powerful and bloodthirsty - spawned by the slum jungles of Chicago. Before long, his natural ability for finding trouble left him shipwrecked in a Far East jungle where he was free to unleash the savage nature that was hi only chance for survival. ( ???Ace)
  • Text source (only read from this text!): http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/331
  • Type of proof-listening required (Note: please read the PL FAQ): standard

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the amount of languishing projects (and hence the amount of files on our hard-pressed server), we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't managed to record anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).
    Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin

Genres for the project: Action & Adventure Fiction;

Keywords that describe the book: pulp, savage, damsel in distress, high adventure

============================================
  • The reader will record the following at the beginning and end of each file:
    No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
    START of recording (Intro):
    • "Chapter [number] of The Mucker. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
    • If you wish, say:
      "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
    • Say:
      " The Mucker by Edgar Rice Burroughs. [Chapter]"

For the second and all subsequent sections, you may optionally use the shortened form of this intro disclaimer:
    • "Chapter [number] of The Mucker by Edgar Rice Burroughs. This LibriVox recording is in the Public Domain."
    • If you wish, say:
    • Only if applicable, say:
      "[Chapter title]"
    END of recording:
    • At the end of the section, say:
      "End of [Chapter]"
    • If you wish, say:
    • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
      "End of The Mucker by Edgar Rice Burroughs. "

There should be 5 seconds silence at the end of the recording, or 10 seconds for files longer than 30 minutes.
  • Example filename mucker_##_burroughs.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number (e.g. mucker_01_burroughs.mp3)

Transfer of files (completed recordings)
    Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
    • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader:https://librivox.org/login/uploader
      (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
    • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: annise
    • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
    • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.

Any questions?
    Please post below
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

I'll make you an MW, back soon

Anne
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

I've given you an MW and access, I'll need to come back and clean up the first post, The template generation of the file name is interesting - and wouldn't work :D
Next time you use the template and it asks for the title , what it expects is the title of the book - I suspect you put [solo] The Mucker by ........ instead of just The Mucker
You can add the chapter titles if you wish , I added 1 to show the format

Anne
JoeDeNoia

Post by JoeDeNoia »

Thanks Anne.

So is this the point, where go onto the "Listeners Wanted" forum, to search for someone who wants to attach to this project?
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

No not yet.
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

OK I've tidied up the first post I hope. We'll wait and see if a DPL drops by, there isn't anything to PL at the moment.
So you are ready to go

Anne
JoeDeNoia

Post by JoeDeNoia »

What does "DPL" stand for?

Hopefully this weekend I can finish some walls and soundproofing in a cubby in my home, and I'll start recording next week!
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

Would enjoy being dpl (dedicated proof listener).

ERB wrote his early stories (including the first Tarzan story) while working in downtown Chicago. A sign at a bus stop identifies the building where he worked (and where he apparently wrote some of his stories).
JoeDeNoia

Post by JoeDeNoia »

I'd love to have ya on board!

I should be able to make a good pace with posting onto the Forum.
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Welcome aboard Dave :D
Anne
JoeDeNoia

Post by JoeDeNoia »

Ok, Dave... I got started.

Chapter 1 is ready for PL!
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

1 PL OK.
JoeDeNoia

Post by JoeDeNoia »

Chapters 2, 3, & 4 are uploaded, and Ready for PL.
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

2-4
Volumes are a tad high (93.9, 93.5, 93.3dB, respectively). Your first file was 91.5dB so I wouldn't "amplify" by more than -3dB to keep the volumes similar. The goal at LV is 89dB, but volumes in the range 86-92dB are acceptable. Interesting story and nice reads.
JoeDeNoia

Post by JoeDeNoia »

Ok, so does that mean I will need to rerecording these tracks, or is there a method of import and re- wave-it or something?