[COMPLETE, SOLO]Molly Brown's Sophomore Days, Nell Speed -lz

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Dbrstitch

Post by Dbrstitch »

Molly Brown's Sophomore Days by Nell Speed (1878 - 1913).

All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/molly-browns-sophomore-days-by-nell-speed/

Molly Brown returns to her second year of college at Wellington. Along with her friends at Queen's Cottage, she struggles and triumphs over ordinary (for the day) trials and tribulations of a young woman living away from her family in a University setting. (Debbie R. Baker Robinson)
  • Text source (only read from this text!): http://www.gutenberg.org/files/32453/32453-h/32453-h.htm
  • Type of proof-listening required (Note: please read the PL FAQ): standard

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the amount of languishing projects (and hence the amount of files on our hard-pressed server), we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't managed to record anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).
    Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
    ===========================================
  • The reader will record the following at the beginning and end of each file:
    No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
    START of recording (Intro):
    • "Chapter [number] of Molly Brown's Sophomore Days. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
    • If you wish, say:
      "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
    • Say:
      "Molly Brown's Sophomore Days, by Nell Speed. [Chapter]"

For the second and all subsequent sections, you may optionally use the shortened form of this intro disclaimer:
    • "Chapter [number] of Molly Brown's Sophomore Days by Nell Speed. This LibriVox recording is in the Public Domain."
    • If you wish, say:
    • Only if applicable, say:
      "[Chapter title]"
    END of recording:
    • At the end of the section, say:
      "End of [Chapter]"
    • If you wish, say:
    • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
      "End of Molly Brown's Sophomore Days, by Nell Speed. "

There should be 5 seconds silence at the end of the recording.
  • Example filename mollybrownssophomoredays_##_speed_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number (e.g. mollybrownssophomoredays_01_speed_128kb.mp3)
  • Example ID3 V2 tags (you can leave these out; will be added at time of cataloguing; please fill in title field in MW)
    Artist: Nell Speed
    Title: ## - [Section title]
    Album: Molly Brown's Sophomore Days

Transfer of files (completed recordings)
    Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
    • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader
      (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
    • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: lz - lezer
    • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
    • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.

Any questions?
    Please post below
Last edited by Dbrstitch on June 29th, 2017, 10:54 am, edited 4 times in total.
Debbie

"There is nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Oops -you've missed copying more than half of the template. We need everything, all the way down to the bottom. :)
Dbrstitch

Post by Dbrstitch »

Thought I got it all. How do I erase and begin again?
Debbie

TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

If you still have the info on your screen, you can copy it all, click EDIT on your first post here, and paste it all again. If you've closed the window with the info, you'll have to fill in the template again. :(

When you get to the code, I think you can do a Control-A to get all the code, rather than relying on a click-drag highlighting.
Dbrstitch

Post by Dbrstitch »

TriciaG, did I complete it correctly this time?

Thanks for your assistance.

d
Debbie

TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Yes - it's all there this time. 8-)

I'm full up on MC projects, but if no one else picks this up before tomorrow evening, I'll do so. Meanwhile, everything looks good, so you can start recording if you like; just don't upload anything until you get an MC.
lezer

Post by lezer »

Hello Debbie,
I can be your MC for this project. I saw that you did solo's before, so you know how to get into the MW, right? I'll just go and set it up.
Anna
lezer

Post by lezer »

MW is ready for you, and all seems good.

A tip for future projects: it's best to provide the link to the central book page on gutenberg, so https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/32453 instead of the link to the pages (see first post). This central link is less likely to change (and therefore 'break'), and it offers more options. I've already changed it in the database, so for this project we're good.

Let me know if you have any questions. I suggest we keep the project in the Launch Pad a little longer, perhaps a DPL will come along.

Have fun recording!
Anna
cherylstewart

Post by cherylstewart »

Do you need a dpl for this project? If so, can I do it?
Cheryls
Dbrstitch

Post by Dbrstitch »

I guess we are ready to move this project into launch mode. I have one chapter to complete in Molly's Freshman year and then she is back to school again.

d
Debbie

lezer

Post by lezer »

cherylstewart wrote:Do you need a dpl for this project? If so, can I do it?
Cheryls
Thanks, Cheryls, I think that would be great!
Let's move the project to "Going Solo", then.
Anna
Dbrstitch

Post by Dbrstitch »

Now that I have complete Molly in her Freshman year I can now begin her second year. This should be deemed as [Solo] on the board and stream now, however, not [FICTION].

Thanks.

deb
Debbie

lezer

Post by lezer »

Hi Deb,
As soon as a project is moved to "Going Solo", the label "Solo" doesn't make much sense anymore: all projects there are a solo. The label is then just out of interest. Usually, we don't bother to change it, but we used to delete all the 'Solo' labels as soon as a project was moved to Going Solo.
If you'd like, you can change or delete the "[FICTION]" label by editing your own first post.
Have fun recording!
Anna
Dbrstitch

Post by Dbrstitch »

Chapter 1 up and ready for PL'ing.

length is 11:9

https://librivox.org/uploads/lezer/mollybrownssophomoredays_01_speed_128kb.mp3

Enjoy the story Cheryls.

d
Debbie

cherylstewart