This project is complete. Audio files can be found in the catalog: https://librivox.org/the-history-of-emily-montague-vol-1-dramatic-reading-by-frances-moore-brooke/
The novel takes place 10 years after the Battle of the Plains of Abraham in 1759 when Quebec becomes a British colony. Written as a collection of letters, the story follows the relationships between Edward Rivers (a British soldier), his friend, John Temple (rather a cad), Emily Montague (a young British woman), and her dearest friend, Arabella Fermor (a flirtatious drama queen). Giving glimpses into the new frontier discoveries of Canada, one not only peeks into the personal relationships of these characters but gets swept away by the enticing descriptions of the "new world." This is Volume 1 out of 4. ( Amanda Friday)
- How to claim a part, and "how it all works" here To find a section to record, simply look at point 5. below at the sections. All the ones without names beside them are "up for grabs." Click "Post reply" at the top left of the screen and tell us which section you would like to read (include the section number from the left-most column in the reader list, please). Read points 6. to 8. below for what to do before, during and after your recording.
- New to recording? Please read our Newbie Guide to Recording!
- Is there a deadline? We ask that you submit your recorded sections within 1-2 months of placing your claim. Please note that to be fair to the readers who have completed their sections in a timely way, if you haven't submitted your recording(s) after two months, your sections will automatically be re-opened for other readers to claim, unless you post in this thread to request an extension. Extensions will be granted at the discretion of the Book Coordinator. If you cannot do your section, for whatever reason, just let me know and it'll go back to the pool. There's no shame in this; we're all volunteers and things happen.Please do not sign up for more sections than you can complete within the two month deadline.
- Where do I find the text? Source text (please only read from this text!): http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/16300
- Please claim sections (the numbers in the first column below)! If this is your first recording, please let me know under which name or pseudonym you'd like to appear in the LibriVox catalogue. We can also link to a personal website/blog.
Prospective Prooflisteners: Please read the Listeners Wanted FAQ before listening! Level of prooflistening requested: standard
Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!
This is a collection of letters written between characters. Therefore I would like gender specific please and the same reader for all letters of that character - see section lengths for this particular volume below. The length of the letters vary but most are under 5 minutes - see timestamps in the MW below. I will also be launching the other 3 volumes upon completion of each one. This volume contains the following characters:
Edward Rivers - 24 letters
John Temple - 2 letters
Arabella Fermor (pronounced FUR-MORE) - 20 letters
Emily Montague - 6 letters
Mrs. E. Melmoth - 2 letters
BC Admin ============================================
Genres for the project: Epistolary Fiction; Romance; Historical Fiction
Keywords that describe the book: romance, historical, Friendship
- BEFORE recording: Please check the Recording Notes: http://librivox.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6427#6430
Set your recording software to:
Channels: 1 (Mono)
Bit Rate: 128 kbps
Sample Rate: 44.1 kHz
- DURING recording:
Please read the name of the role as given in the Magic Window.
[Your name], as [character name].
"Volume 1, Letters ## through ## of The History of Emily Montague. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
"The History of Emily Montague - Volume 1, by Frances Moore Brooke. Letters ## through ##, read by [readers' names]"
"End of Letters ## through ##"
At the end of the book, say (in addition):
"End of The History of Emily Montague - Volume 1, by Frances Moore Brooke. "
There should be 5 seconds silence at the end of the recording, or 10 seconds for files longer than 30 minutes.
Please remember to check this thread frequently for updates!
- AFTER recording
Save files as
128 kbps MP3
Readers save files as: emilymontague1_letter##.mp3, where ## is the letter number
Editors save final files as emilymontague1_##_brooke_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case), where ## is the section number (e.g. emilymontague1_01_brooke_128kb.mp3)
- Example ID3 V2 tags
Don't worry about ID3 tags. For this project the ID3 tags will be filled in automatically.
- Transfer of files (completed recordings) Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
- Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader:
(If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
- You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: rapunzelina - Rapunzelina
- When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread along with the duration of your file.
- If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.
Please post below
- Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader: