(Complete) The Ice-Maiden by Hans Christian Andersen -mb

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
ElleyKat

Post by ElleyKat »

The Ice-Maiden: and Other Tales by Hans Christian Andersen (1805 - 1875) . Translated by
FANNY FULLER ( - ).

This project is now complete! All audio files can be found on our catalog page: http://librivox.org/the-ice-maiden-and-other-tales-by-hans-christian-andersen/
Short-stories/fairy tales by H. C. Anderson, includes The Ice-maiden -- The Butterfly -- The Psyche -- The Snail and the Rose-tree

The Ice-Maiden: Written toward the end of Hans Christian Andersen's career, "The Ice-Maiden" is the story of Rudy, a boy who's mother died in the ice of the mountains while he survives, saved by the kiss of the Ice-Maiden. The Ice-Maiden, jealous that the boy she claimed has escaped her embrace, pursues him through the rest of his life.

The Butterfly: A butterfly searches for the perfect flower to be his bride.

The Psyche: An artist creates a sculpture of a beautiful woman, to whom he confesses his love and is scorned.

The Snail and the Rose-Tree: A Snail and a Rose-Tree have a discussion about the meaning of their lives, and play them out.
(Summary by ElleyKat)
  • Target completion date: 2013-Jun-30
  • Text source (only read from this text!): http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/18604
  • Type of proof-listening required (Note: please read the PL FAQ): standard

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the amount of languishing projects (and hence the amount of files on our hard-pressed server), we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't managed to record anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin

Keywords that describe the book:
    fairy tales, childrens stories, hans christian anderson
  • The reader will record the following at the beginning and end of each file:
    No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!

Start of recording (Intro)
    • "Chapter [number] of The Ice-Maiden: and Other Tales . - This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
    • If you wish, say:
      "Recording by [your name]"
    • Say:
      " The Ice-Maiden: and Other Tales , by Hans Christian Andersen . [Chapter]"

For the second and all subsequent sections, you may optionally use the shortened form of this intro disclaimer:
    • "Chapter [number] of The Ice-Maiden: and Other Tales by Hans Christian Andersen . This LibriVox recording is in the Public Domain."
    • If you wish, say:
      "Recording by [your name]"
    • Only if applicable, say:
      "[Chapter title]"
    End of recording
    • At the end of the section, say:
      "End of [Chapter]"
    • If you wish, say:
      "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
    • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
      "End of The Ice-Maiden: and Other Tales , by Hans Christian Andersen . "

There should be 5 seconds silence at the end of the recording, or 10 seconds for files longer than 30 minutes.
  • Example filename
    icemaiden_##_andersen.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is your section number. (e.g. icemaiden_01_andersen.mp3)
  • Example ID3 V2 tags
    Title: ## - [Section title]
    Artist: Hans Christian Andersen
    Album: The Ice-Maiden: and Other Tales

Transfer of files (completed recordings)
    Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file.
    Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
    • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader:
      http://upload.librivox.org
      (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
    • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: mb - m8b1
    • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
    • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.
Last edited by ElleyKat on May 11th, 2013, 12:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
~Elley

I've had a death in the family and won't be around Librivox much for the next while. I'll be back ... when I'm back. I appreciate your patience in the meanwhile. :)
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

note for MC who picks this up
EllyKat has a project set up for this project number 4573 with no files recorded.

Anne
ElleyKat

Post by ElleyKat »

Yup
Last edited by ElleyKat on March 31st, 2013, 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
~Elley

I've had a death in the family and won't be around Librivox much for the next while. I'll be back ... when I'm back. I appreciate your patience in the meanwhile. :)
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

Hi ElleyKat,

I'll MC this for you. May I suggest that since it has been a few years since you have recorded anything, that you first do a short test - just to make extra sure that your settings are correct before you dive into a longer section!

Do you still have your MW login info? If not, let me know and I will PM it to you.

I filled in the first couple of sections in the MW for you ~ if you don't like that scheme for the Ice Maiden chapters, feel free to switch it around. However, please keep the number and dash at the beginning of each section as I have it down! 01 - Thanks!

We'll stay in the launch pad for a little bit to see if a DPL drops by. :-)
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
ElleyKat

Post by ElleyKat »

Thanks Maria. Please PM the MW login info. I will be sure to do a test before starting to record. :)
~Elley

m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

I've sent you a PM. :-)
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
Peppersnoodles93

Post by Peppersnoodles93 »

Need a dpl? I would like to if you would like me to!
~Kim
ElleyKat

Post by ElleyKat »

HMMMM. Tried to go in and add the rest of the chapter titles, but it wouldn't let me. Either my BC username/password is bad, or my browser is stupid. Will try on another computer later. ;)

Peppers - would love for you to DPL. :) Thanks!
~Elley

m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

Elleykat,

Looks like it was a mistake on my end ~ I've sent you a PM with the correct info! Sorry!

I've added Peppersnoodles as DPL and I will go ahead and move us over to going solo!
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
ElleyKat

Post by ElleyKat »

Maria - does it take a bit for the PM to come through? Not seeing it yet. I'm probably just being impatient. :) Will check again later. Thanks!
~Elley

m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

Oh dear, I just checked - I somehow managed to send the PM to myself instead of to you! :oops: :oops:

It should be there now. They should usually come through immediately.. :roll:

Sorry!
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
ElleyKat

Post by ElleyKat »

Updated the MW with chapter titles. Maria, can you give it a glance and make sure I formatted these in the desired way? Will start recording sections this weekend. :) (Weekend mornings are the quietest time in my house, so that's generally when I do my recording.)
~Elley

m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

The MW looks fine! :D
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
ElleyKat

Post by ElleyKat »

Section 1 done. =) duration 14:48
http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/mb/icemaiden_01_andersen.mp3

Recorded the first 15 sections tonight, going to edit and upload throughout the week. In a bit of a hurry to get this thing done so I can BC my first dramatic reading. :)
Last edited by ElleyKat on April 1st, 2013, 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~Elley

m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

Hi Elley,

Could you please add the running time in the MW? We need it for cataloging purposes! You can also mark it as complete if you like - though it is up to you on solos if you do it before or after PL'ing is completed. Most times readers do like it marked as complete after it is submitted, for group projects. Just something to keep in mind when you BC a group project. :-)
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks