[COMPLETE] The Tale of Miss Kitty Cat by Arthur Bailey - kd

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
WoollyBee

Post by WoollyBee »

The Tale of Miss Kitty Cat by Arthur Scott Bailey (1877 - 1949) .
The rats and the mice thought that Miss Kitty Cat was a terrible person. She was altogether too fond of hunting them. They agreed, however, that in one way it was pleasant to have her about the farmhouse. When she washed her face, while sitting on the doorsteps, they knew—so they said!—that it was going to rain. And then Mrs. Rat never would let her husband leave home without taking his umbrella. As a rule Miss Kitty Cat didn't look at all frightful. Almost always she appeared quite unruffled, going about her business in a quiet way and making no fuss over anything. Of course when old dog Spot chased—and cornered—her, she was quite a different sort of creature. Then she arched her back, puffed her tail out to twice its usual size, and spat fiercely at Spot. He learned not to get within reach of her sharp claws, when she behaved in that fashion. For old Spot had a tender nose. And no one knew it better than Miss Kitty Cat. (Summary by Arthur Scott Bailey)
This project is now complete! All audio files can be found on our catalog page: http://librivox.org/the-tale-of-miss-kitty-cat-by-arthur-scott-bailey/

Volunteers outside the USA: Arthur Scott Bailey died in 1949. The author's work is still protected by copyright in places, like Europe, where copyright is author's death plus 70 years, and Australia (author's death plus 70 years for authors who died after 1955).
  1. How to claim a part, and "how it all works" here
    To find a section to record, simply look at point 5. below at the sections. All the ones without names beside them are "up for grabs." Click "Post reply" at the top left of the screen and tell us which section you'd like to read (include the section number from the left-most column in the reader list, please). Read points 6. to 8. below for what to do before, during and after your recording.
  2. New to recording?
    Please read our Newbie Guide to Recording!
  3. Is there a deadline?
    We ask that you submit your recorded sections within 1 month of placing your claim. Please note that to be fair to the readers who have completed their sections in a timely way, if you haven't submitted your recording(s) after one month, your sections will automatically be re-opened for other readers to claim, unless you post in this thread to request an extension. Extensions will be granted at the discretion of the Book Coordinator. If you cannot do your section, for whatever reason, just let me know and it'll go back to the pool. There's no shame in this; we're all volunteers and things happen.
    Please do not sign up for more sections than you can complete within the one month deadline.
  4. Where do I find the text?
    Source text (please only read from this text!): http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/21078
  5. Please claim sections (the numbers in the first column below)!
    If this is your first recording, please let me know under which name or pseudonym you'd like to appear in the LibriVox catalogue. We can also link to a personal website/blog.

Prospective Prooflisteners: Please read the Listeners Wanted FAQ before listening! Level of prooflistening requested: standard

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
    Genres for the project:
    adventure, animals, children, fiction

Keywords that describe the book:
    cats; dogs
  6. BEFORE recording:
    Please check the Recording Notes:
    http://librivox.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6427#6430

Set your recording software to:

Channels: 1 (Mono)
    Bit Rate: 128 kbps
    Sample Rate: 44.1 kHz
  7. DURING recording:
    Please leave no more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of your recording!

Make sure you add this to the beginning and end of your recording:
    Start of recording (Intro)
    • "Chapter [number] of The Tale of Miss Kitty Cat. - This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
    • If you wish, say:
      "Recording by [your name]"
    • Say:
      " The Tale of Miss Kitty Cat , by Arthur Scott Bailey . [Chapter]"

End of recording
    • At the end of the section, say:
      "End of [Chapter]"
    • If you wish, say:
      "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
    • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
      "End of The Tale of Miss Kitty Cat , by Arthur Scott Bailey . "

Please leave 5 seconds silence at the end of your recording, or 10 seconds for files longer than 30 minutes!

Also, please remember to check this thread frequently for updates!
  8. AFTER recording:
    Need noise-cleaning?
    Listen to your file through headphones. If you can hear some constant background noise (hiss/buzz), you may want to clean it up a bit. The new (free) version 1.3.3. of Audacity (Mac/Win) has much improved noise-cleaning. See this LibriVox wiki page for a complete guide.

Save files as
    128 kbps MP3
    taleofmisskittycat_##_bailey.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is your section number. (e.g. taleofmisskittycat_01_bailey.mp3)

ID3 V2 tags
    (To find out more about ID3 tags, go to our wiki: http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/What_is_ID3)
    Add the following tags to your .mp3 file (how you do this depends on which software you use – if you are unsure about ID3 tags, send me a message). Please mind upper and lower case!

Title: ## - [Section title]
    Artist: Arthur Scott Bailey
    Album: The Tale of Miss Kitty Cat

Please ignore tags for Genre and Track Number - these will be filled in automatically at the cataloguing stage.

Transfer of files (completed recordings)
    Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file.
    Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
    • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader:
      http://upload.librivox.org
      (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
    • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: kd - KiltedDragon
    • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
    • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.

Any questions?
Please post below or PM me. :)
Last edited by WoollyBee on April 17th, 2013, 3:21 am, edited 3 times in total.
Peppersnoodles93

Post by Peppersnoodles93 »

Sarah, when you are ready for this one, i'll read some chapters!

:)
~Kim
KiltedDragon
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by KiltedDragon »

All set up, Sarah. :D
Barry
My Recordings
“I became insane. With long intervals of horrible sanity.” - Edgar Allan Poe
WoollyBee

Post by WoollyBee »

Thanks, KD! :D
WoollyBee

Post by WoollyBee »

SarahParshall wrote:Thanks, KD! :D
When I try to get in I get this message:
Sorry, you can only access this page if you are the BC for the project
???
Thanks!
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Try it now Sarah. Please post again if you are still having trouble.

MaryAnn
robinsnest

Post by robinsnest »

Can I claim Sections 1 & 2? I am just having my one minute test checked. :D
WoollyBee

Post by WoollyBee »

MaryAnnSpiegel wrote:Try it now Sarah. Please post again if you are still having trouble.

MaryAnn
It works! Thanks MaryAnn.

KiltedDragon - I think I'm going to DPL this project. Could you add me? Thank you! :mrgreen:
WoollyBee

Post by WoollyBee »

robinsnest wrote:Can I claim Sections 1 & 2? I am just having my one minute test checked. :D
Sure! Welcome aboard. Please make sure you get an ok on your one minute test before you begin.
TommyMer

Post by TommyMer »

3, 4, and 5 please. Thank you.
Tom 8-)
WoollyBee

Post by WoollyBee »

Serendipitous7 wrote:3, 4, and 5 please. Thank you.
Tom 8-)
You're in! :thumbs:
WoollyBee

Post by WoollyBee »

Hi everyone!
I will be out of town until Tuesday, but on Wednesday I'll add you to the MW if you've claimed a section while I'm gone! If any recordings come in, I'll be sure to check them right away on Wednesday. :wink:
Thanks!
Sarah (DPL / BC)
TommyMer

Post by TommyMer »

section 03 - Chasing Miss Kitty

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/kd/taleofmisskittycat_03_bailey.mp3
duration: 4:15

Cheers!
Tom 8-)
Peppersnoodles93

Post by Peppersnoodles93 »

Hi Tom, I PLed your file, to help SarahParshall out.
First off, LOVED your reading style! It really drew me in as a listener. I can see a lot of kids really enjoying your recordings. :D

Here are the PL notes for Chapter 3
- Intro - word missing. "Chapter [number] of The Tale of Miss Kitty Cat."
:59 that others jumped unexpectedly at her,

That's it! Have a good day!

:clap: :clap: :mrgreen:
~Kim
KiltedDragon
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by KiltedDragon »

Thanks, Kimberly. :D
Barry
My Recordings