Abandoned solo, adopted by Linny as a group project.
This memoir was undertaken at the request of many of Mrs. Prentiss' old and most trusted friends, who felt that the story of her life should be given to the public. Much of it is in the nature of an autobiography. Her letters, which with extracts from her journals form the larger portion of its contents, begin when she was in her twentieth year, and continue almost to her last hour. They are full of details respecting herself, her home, her friends, and the books she wrote. A simple narrative, interspersed with personal reminiscences, and varied by a sketch of her father, and passing notices of others, who exerted a moulding influence upon her character, completes the story. A picture is thus presented of the life she lived and its changing scenes, both on the natural and the spiritual side. While the work may fail to interest some readers, the hope is cherished that, like STEPPING HEAVENWARD, it will be welcomed into Christian homes and prove a blessing to many hearts; thus realising the desire expressed in one of her last letters: Much of my experience of life has cost me a great price and I wish to use it for strengthening and comforting other souls. (Summary by George Prentiss)
- How to claim a part, and "how it all works" here To find a section to record, simply look at point 5. below at the sections. All the ones without names beside them are "up for grabs." Click "Post reply" at the top left of the screen and tell us which section you would like to read (include the section number from the left-most column in the reader list, please). Read points 6. to 8. below for what to do before, during and after your recording.
- New to recording? Please read our Newbie Guide to Recording!
- Is there a deadline? We ask that you submit your recorded sections within 2 months of placing your claim. Please note that to be fair to the readers who have completed their sections in a timely way, if you haven't submitted your recording(s) after two months, your sections will automatically be re-opened for other readers to claim, unless you post in this thread to request an extension. Extensions will be granted at the discretion of the Book Coordinator. If you cannot do your section, for whatever reason, just let me know and it'll go back to the pool. There's no shame in this; we're all volunteers and things happen.Please do not sign up for more sections than you can complete within the two month deadline.
- Where do I find the text? Source text (please only read from this text!): http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/11549
- Please claim sections (the numbers in the first column below)! If this is your first recording, please let me know under which name or pseudonym you'd like to appear in the LibriVox catalogue. We can also link to a personal website/blog.
Prospective Prooflisteners: Please read the Listeners Wanted FAQ before listening! Level of prooflistening requested: standard Linny wil DPL
Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!
BC Admin ===========================================
This paragraph is temporary and will be replaced by the MC with the list of sections and reader (Magic Window) once this project is in the admin system.
[*]Link to author on Wikipedia (if available): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elizabeth_Prentiss
[*]Link to title on Wikipedia (if available):
[*]Number of sections (files) this project will have: 26
[*]Does the project have an introduction or preface [y/n]: no
[*]Original publication date (if known): 1882
[*]If you are a new volunteer, how would you like your name (or pseudonym) credited in the catalog? Theresa L. Downey
Do you have a URL you would like associated with your name?:
Genres for the project:
advice, biography, memoirs, religion
Keywords that describe the book:
Stepping; Heavenward; Elizabeth; Prentiss; Christian; Motherhood; Spiritual; Growth; Encouragement; Mourning; Pain
[*]The reader will record the following at the beginning and end of each file:
Less than 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
Start of recording (Intro)
- "Chapter [number], Part [number] of More Love to Thee: The Life and Letters of Elizabeth Prentiss . - This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
- If you wish, say:
"Recording by [your name]"
" More Love to Thee: The Life and Letters of Elizabeth Prentiss , by George Prentiss . Chapter [number], Part [number] "
END of recording
- At the end of the section, say:
"End of Chapter [number], Part [number] "
- If you wish, say:
"Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
- At the end of the book, say (in addition):
"End of More Love to Thee: The Life and Letters of Elizabeth Prentiss, by George Prentiss. "
There should be ~5 seconds silence at the end of the recording.
lifeandletters_##_prentiss_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is your section number. (e.g. lifeandletters_01_prentiss_128kb.mp3)
[*]Example ID3 V2 tags
Please ignore tags - these will be filled in automatically at the cataloguing stage.
Transfer of files (completed recordings)
Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file.
Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
- Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader:
(If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
- You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is:
- When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
- If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.