This project is now complete. All audio files can be found on our catalog page here:
The story of a young girl heading off to boarding school and the adventures that she has there. This book also goes by the title of "The Mystery of the Haunted Boathouse". (Summary by Linda Ciano and linny)
- How to claim a part, and "how it all works" here To find a section to record, simply look at point 5. below at the sections. All the ones without names beside them are "up for grabs." Click "Post reply" at the top left of the screen and tell us which section you would like to read (include the section number from the left-most column in the reader list, please). Read points 6. to 8. below for what to do before, during and after your recording.
- New to recording? Please read our Newbie Guide to Recording!
- Is there a deadline? We ask that you submit your recorded sections within 2 months of placing your claim. Please note that to be fair to the readers who have completed their sections in a timely way, if you haven't submitted your recording(s) after two months, your sections will automatically be re-opened for other readers to claim, unless you post in this thread to request an extension. Extensions will be granted at the discretion of the Book Coordinator. If you cannot do your section, for whatever reason, just let me know and it'll go back to the pool. There's no shame in this; we're all volunteers and things happen.Please do not sign up for more sections than you can complete within the two month deadline.
- Where do I find the text? Source text (please only read from this text!): http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/35248
- Please claim sections (the numbers in the first column below)! If this is your first recording, please let me know under which name or pseudonym you'd like to appear in the LibriVox catalogue. We can also link to a personal website/blog.
- Type of proof-listening required (Note: please read the PL FAQ): standard
Please don't download files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!
BC Admin Genres for the project:
Keywords that describe the book:
The reader will record the following at the beginning and end of each file:
No more than 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
Start of recording (Intro)
- "Chapter [number] of Nan Sherwood at Lakeview Hall . - This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
- If you wish, say:
"Recording by [your name]"
" Nan Sherwood at Lakeview Hall, by Annie Roe Carr . [Chapter]"
- At the end of the section, say:
"End of [Chapter]"
- If you wish, say:
"Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
- At the end of the book, say (in addition):
"End of Nan Sherwood at Lakeview Hall, by Annie Roe Carr. "
There should be 5 seconds of silence at the end of the recording.
nansherwoodatlakeviewhall_##_carr.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is your section number. (e.g. nansherwoodatlakeviewhall_01_carr.mp3)
Example ID3 V2 tags
Please ignore tags. They will be automatically entered during the cataloging process.
Transfer of files (completed recordings)
Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file.
Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
- Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader:
(If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
- You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: knotyouraveragejo - knotyouraveragejo
- When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
- If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.