COMPLETE[DANISH] Børnene i Nyskoven af F. Marryat-arb

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
lulularsen

Post by lulularsen »

Børnene i Nyskoven by Frederick Marryat (1792 - 1848) . Translated by Otto Høpfner (1863 - 1927).

This project is now complete! All audio files can be found on our catalog page: http://librivox.org/bornene-i-nyskoven-by-frederick-marryat/

Handlingen foregår i 1600-tallet under den Engelske borgerkrig. Fire forældreløse adelsbørn må flygte fra deres brændende gods, og skjule sig i en nærtliggende skov. Her må de fire lære at jage og at dyrke jorden for at overleve. Edward, den ældste, har dog svært ved at acceptere deres tilværelse, og higer efter at deltage i krigen for at hjælpe kongen. (Summary by Lulularsen)
  • Target completion date: 2013-Dec-31
  • Text source (only read from this text!): text in copy, scan title and copyright page and upload to MC later
  • Type of proof-listening required (Note: please read the PL FAQ): standard

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the amount of languishing projects (and hence the amount of files on our hard-pressed server), we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't managed to record anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).

Please don't download files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
    ===========================================
    This paragraph is temporary and will be replaced by the MC with the list of sections and reader (Magic Window) once this project is in the admin system.
    ============================================

Genres for the project:
    children, historical fiction

Keywords that describe the book:
  • The reader will record the following at the beginning and end of each file:
    No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!

Start of recording (Intro)
    • "Chapter [number] of Børnene i Nyskoven . - This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
    • If you wish, say:
      "Recording by [your name]"
    • Say:
      " Børnene i Nyskoven , by Frederick Marryat . Translated by Otto Høpfner [Chapter]"

For the second and all subsequent sections, you may optionally use the shortened form of this intro disclaimer:
    • "Chapter [number] of Børnene i Nyskoven by Frederick Marryat . Translated by Otto Høpfner This LibriVox recording is in the Public Domain."
    • If you wish, say:
      "Recording by [your name]"
    • Only if applicable, say:
      "[Chapter title]"
    End of recording
    • At the end of the section, say:
      "End of [Chapter]"
    • If you wish, say:
      "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
    • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
      "End of Børnene i Nyskoven , by Frederick Marryat . Translated by Otto Høpfner "

There should be 5 seconds silence at the end of the recording, or 10 seconds for files longer than 30 minutes.
  • Example filename
    borneneinyskoven_##_marryat.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is your section number. (e.g. borneneinyskoven_01_marryat.mp3)
  • Example ID3 V2 tags
    Title: ## - [Section title]
    Artist: Frederick Marryat
    Album: Børnene i Nyskoven

Transfer of files (completed recordings)
    Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file.
    Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
    • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader:
      http://upload.librivox.org
      (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
    • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: arb - annise
    • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
    • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.
Last edited by lulularsen on December 28th, 2012, 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lulularsen

Post by lulularsen »

Link frontpage and title/copyrightpage: http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/xx/Frontpage_titlepage_børneneinyskoven.zip

Here is an upload of my front page and title/copyright page. It doesn´t say who the translator is. But by searching the net I found a book similar to mine. If you get the free sample (in danish "hent smagsprøve"), you can see a page which tells you that the translator is Otto Høpfner

Link to the similar book: http://www.ebogreolen.dk/boeger/skoenlitteratur/boernene-nyskoven-p-771.html

Link to danish site about Otto Høpfner, date of birth and death: http://www.litteraturpriser.dk/1850/hottohoepfner.htm
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

That looks OK, I was hoping our French Danish MC would drop by and tell me for sure - but she is on holidays.
I will MC it for you and ask her to confirm things when she is back, PD is hard enough without trying to work it out is another language :D
I'll set up your window for you , back later

Anne
lulularsen

Post by lulularsen »

Thanks Anne

I´m very eager to get started. All ready read one chapter though, thougt it couldn´t hurt.
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

I have PMed you your password so you can edit the MW
I haven't acccess to your text , so I put the chapter titles in English to show what you needed to do. Please change them to Danish. I like them to have the 01, 02 etc to be sure that the ID tags sort in order for mp3 players it is annoying to listen to chapters in the wrong order . The English book used Roman numerals I,V,X so I did but I am not fussed what you use - or if the chapters have titles use them instead
I took the "non-English" character out of the file name it can be very dificult with links etc , but they are fine to use elsewhere.
Think that is all , remember to enter the title fields in the MW , and I'll show you where to put your file links and file lengths (in mins & secs) when you have some

Have fun

Anne
neckertb

Post by neckertb »

Hello, ladies :D

I can't get the sample from the ebook (which software do you need to read .epub on a Mac?). But your scans look good, the publishing date is 1913, so it should be fine. I can't check the translator, because I can't open that file, but no matter what it is PD for librivox, so that's good :D

Have fun!
Nadine

Les enfants du capitaine Grant

Live in a death + 70 country? Have a look at Legamus
neckertb

Post by neckertb »

Oh, and where did you find that book? It might be useful for other readers to know how you managed :D
Nadine

neckertb

Post by neckertb »

Wait, success, I downloaded something that works.
Everything is clear :D
Nadine

lulularsen

Post by lulularsen »

Hi Nadine

I just found the book in an antique bookshop. The site: Litteraturpriser, helped me a lot, because it can be difficult to find the death date for the translator.

Hope I´m not disturbing you on your vacation.
lulularsen

Post by lulularsen »

Hi Anne

I uploaded the first chapter. The lenght is 16:05 (including the 5 sec of silence)

Sarah
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Ah so you didn't need help - I'll talk to Nadine about ideas for PLing . I've put the time in it's hole - we use that to thank all the file arrives when it is moved

Anne
lulularsen

Post by lulularsen »

Am I to write the time in the magic window as well, and the PL
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Yes
sorry I'm doing 2 things at once . We are asking for someone to PL, that is what the ~ in the title meansso just in case , it pays to post something like "chapter 2 is posted " so the thread keeps getting noticed - writing in the MW doesn't trigger any notification at all

Anne
lulularsen

Post by lulularsen »

I guess that it´s only danish listeners that can PL? Do you know if there are any danish listeners?
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

We will see - we may have some bi linguals - or a Danish lurker . If we can't we will think of something - we are never defeated :D

Anne