[COMPLETE][SOLO]The Letters of Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, Vol. I - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
lkirk

Post by lkirk »

The Letters of Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, Vol. I, by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart (1756-1791), translated by Lady Wallace (1804-1878)

This project is now complete! All audio files can now be found on the catalog page for this project https://librivox.org/letters-of-wolfgang-amadeus-mozart-vol-1-by-wolfgang-amadeus-mozart/
This volume, the first volume of a two-volume set, contains 140 letters written by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart from 1769-1781. It has been translated by Lady Wallace from the collection of Ludwig Nohl. He has provided a preface and short introductions to several sections of this volume as well as footnotes. (Summary by mkirkpat)
Source text (please read only from this text!): https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/5307

Target completion date: 2023-02-03

Prooflistening level: Standard
Prospective PLs, please see the Guide for Proof-listeners.

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the number of languishing projects on our server, we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't recorded anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process unless you are the BC or PL. Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
========================================

LibriVox recording settings: mono (1 channel), 44100 Hz sample rate, 128 kbps constant bit rate MP3. See the Tech Specs

Intro to recording:
Leave 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning.

For the first section, say:
"Section # of The Letters of Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, Vol. I.
This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information or to volunteer, please visit librivox.org."
[Optional: "Read by your name."]
"The Letters of Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, Vol. I, by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, translated by Lady Wallace.
Section Title."
For the second and subsequent sections, you may use the shortened intro if you wish:
"Section # of The Letters of Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, Vol. I, by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, translated by Lady Wallace.
This LibriVox recording is in the public domain."
[Optional: "Read by your name."]
"Section Title."
End of recording:
Say:
"End of section #."
[Optional, and if not stated in the intro: "Read by your name, city, date."]
If you are recording the final section of the book, add:
"End of The Letters of Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, Vol. I, by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, translated by Lady Wallace."
Leave 5 seconds of silence at the end.

Filename: lettersofmozart1_#_mozart_128kb.mp3 where ## is the section number. (e.g. lettersofmozart1_1_mozart_128kb.mp3)

Upload to the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader

MC to select: Kitty

Copy and paste the file link generated by the uploader into the relevant Listen URL field in the Section Compiler, enter the duration in the Notes field, and post in this thread to let your PL and MC know that you have uploaded a file. You may also post the file link in the thread.
Last edited by lkirk on December 7th, 2022, 4:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
lkirk

Post by lkirk »

Kitty has kindly agreed to be the MC for this recording. I have also asked Aniroo whether she would be interested in proof listening this project but I haven't heard back from her yet.

Thank you.

lkirk
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

I'll be back with a MW soon, stay tuned.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

MW ready to be filled out. Do you really only need 5 sections ? :hmm:

I shortened the file name a bit for your convenience and tweaked the intro speech. Lady Wallace was already in our database ;) And the link to Gutenberg always needs to go to the main page, so readers can choose which format they want to read in.

Just waiting for the DPL to confirm comittment, then we move.

Have fun, and if you need help with some languages, let me know in the thread. I won't be able to record right away, but probably in the next few days as soon as you alert me.

Sonia
lkirk

Post by lkirk »

Thank you for setting this up and for shortening the file name, that will make things easier! I had some difficulty with Lady Wallace because initially I had put her full name with Lady Wallace in parenthesis in the form with a link to the Wikipedia entry but that put her full name in the title which doesn't match the book so had to redo this. Sorry about the Project Gutenberg address, I thought I had copied the main page but apparently I did not. I still have not heard back from the proof listener but I hope she will be interested in this project. I will let you know if I hear from her. With regard to only requesting 5 sections I am going to try to fit the letters into the location/date categories that are already in the book and the first few sections will be quite long and the last one short. I assume that additional sections can be added, if necessary.
Thanks again.
lkirk

Post by lkirk »

I forgot to thank you for your offer of help with the languages, I really appreciate it. I started work on that yesterday and I will see how it goes and will let you know if I do need some help. Thanks!
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

lkirk wrote: December 4th, 2022, 6:06 amWith regard to only requesting 5 sections I am going to try to fit the letters into the location/date categories that are already in the book and the first few sections will be quite long and the last one short. I assume that additional sections can be added, if necessary.
yes that is no problem, you can add sections any time

Sonia
lkirk

Post by lkirk »

OK, good, thank you. Still no word from the proof listener. I'm not sure how long to wait before moving on. She may not check the site every day because when she took on my last project she had only only other project. Do you contact prospective proof listeners through your own channels or is it just left up to someone volunteering for the project? I do hope she will be interested.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

lkirk wrote: December 4th, 2022, 11:18 amDo you contact prospective proof listeners through your own channels or is it just left up to someone volunteering for the project? I do hope she will be interested.
yes actually the "librivoxy" way to do it is not soliciting for help ;) but waiting for the interested party to come by and volunteer. So I would not personally go and PM people to help if they hadn't asked me previously to keep them in the loop for new material.

We can wait a few days here to see if she is interested, or you can put a ~ marker in your title, so prospective DPLers know this project is still in need of a PLer.

Sonia
lkirk

Post by lkirk »

Thanks for letting me know about the "librivoxy way", I didn't mean to put anyone on the spot! The proof listener seemed to enjoy the last project so I thought it worth asking again. I had considered asking whether she would be interested in future projects when we finished the last one but thought it would be best to have a project in mind that she could look at before asking. Anyway, I will give it a few days and then will put a marker in the title if I don't hear anything. Thank you.
lkirk

Post by lkirk »

I did hear back from proof listener and she is not available to proof listen this project so I hope we can find another proof listener quickly. I have the preface almost ready to post. I did put the marker next to the title indicating a proof listener was needed and I hope I put it in the right place. Will you move the project from the launch pad to solo or does it stay there until we find a proof listener? Thank you.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

lkirk wrote: December 7th, 2022, 4:23 amI did put the marker next to the title indicating a proof listener was needed and I hope I put it in the right place.
actually you had to put it in the title slot, not in the first post proper. I changed it now so it's more visible.
Will you move the project from the launch pad to solo or does it stay there until we find a proof listener?
yes we can move out to Going Solo now to keep the launc pad tidy.

Just start recording whenever you are ready. Sometimes PLers only come in when they see there is something to listen to.

To increase your chances, you can make an advertisement here: viewforum.php?f=61 by using this template: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/ProofListening_Template

Sonia
lkirk

Post by lkirk »

Thank you for fixing the marker, I tried putting it there but for some reason it didn't take so put it in the title below. Thanks also for the information about advertising for a proof listener. I may put up the preface first and see whether that attracts any volunteers and, if not, will advertise. I hope we find an enthusiastic proof listener. Many of the letters are really charming and revealing.
lkirk

Post by lkirk »

lkirk

Post by lkirk »

I will go ahead and advertise for a proof listener as you suggested but I am a bit surprised that no one has expressed interest because I thought this would be considered an attractive and interesting project. Mozart is obviously such a well known figure and, as I said, the letters are often charming and revealing. We'll see what happens. Thanks.