[SOLO/Juvenile Fiction] Twinkly Eyes at Valley Farm, by Allen Chaffee - icequeen

Upcoming books being recorded by a solo reader
Laur

Post by Laur » November 23rd, 2022, 11:37 pm

Twinkly Eyes at Valley Farm, by Allen Chaffee (1885 - 1985)

Volunteers outside the USA: Allen Chaffee died in 1985. This person's work may still be protected by copyright in countries where copyright duration is determined by the author's death date. In Europe this is 70 years; in Canada it is 50 years; and in Australia it is 70 years for authors who died after 1955.
Twinkly Eyes, the yearling bear cub, finds himself in a trap after visiting the Sugar Camp once too often. However, the boy from the Valley Farm takes him home and they develop a bond with the boy even playing the harmonica for him. But cubs will be cubs, and this little black bear just can't seem to help himself as he manages to get into all kinds of trouble! In his various adventures he meets Unk Wunk the Porcupine, Bobby Lynx, Frisky Fox, Whoo- Whoo the Owl, Mother Black Bear and her new cubs, a Traveling Showman’s dancing bear, and Chet-woof, the cross old bear from a neighboring range. Of course this little adventurous guy is going to learn many lessons along the way. What do you suppose will be the most important of all? (Summary by Laurie Banza)
Source text (please read only from this text!): https://archive.org/details/twinklyeyesatval00chaf/mode/2up

Target completion date:

Prooflistening level: Standard
Prospective PLs, please see the Guide for Proof-listeners.

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process unless you are the BC or PL. Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
========================================
This paragraph is temporary and will be replaced by the MC with the list of sections and reader (Magic Window) once this project is in the admin system.

[list]
[*]Project Code: AkqLpIci
[*]Link to author on Wikipedia (if available):
[*]Link to title on Wikipedia (if available):
[*]Number of sections (files) this project will have: 19
[*]Does the project have an introduction or preface: Yes
[*]Original publication date (if known): 1921
[*]If you are a new volunteer, how would you like your name (or pseudonym) credited in the catalog?
[*]Do you have a URL you would like associated with your name?:
[/list]

Genres for the project: Children's Fiction/Animals & Nature

Keywords that describe the book: adventure, friends, animals, lessons, bear, boy, farm, bear cub

LibriVox recording settings: mono (1 channel), 44100 Hz sample rate, 128 kbps constant bit rate MP3. See the Tech Specs

Intro to recording:
Leave 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning.

For the first section, say:
"Section (or Chapter) # of Twinkly Eyes at Valley Farm. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information or to volunteer, please visit librivox.org." [Optional: "Read by your name."] "Twinkly Eyes at Valley Farm, by Allen Chaffee. Section Title."
For the second and subsequent sections, you may use the shortened intro if you wish:
"Section (or Chapter) # of Twinkly Eyes at Valley Farm, by Allen Chaffee. This LibriVox recording is in the public domain." "Section Title."
End of recording:
Say:
"End of section (or chapter) #." [Optional, and if not stated in the intro: "Read by your name, city, date."]
If you are recording the final section of the book, add:
"End of Twinkly Eyes at Valley Farm, by Allen Chaffee."
Leave 5 seconds of silence at the end.

Filename: twinklyeyesvalleyfarm_##_chaffee_128kb.mp3 where ## is the section number. (e.g. twinklyeyesvalleyfarm_01_chaffee_128kb.mp3)

Upload to the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader

MC to select: icequeen

Copy and paste the file link generated by the uploader into the relevant Listen URL field in the Section Compiler, enter the duration in the Notes field, and post in this thread to let your PL and MC know that you have uploaded a file. You may also post the file link in the thread.
Last edited by Laur on November 25th, 2022, 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~ Laurie ✨
”Do what you love, love what you do, and with all your heart give yourself to it.”-
My LibriVox Page

icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen » November 24th, 2022, 1:53 pm

OK, your MW is ready for you, Laurie! Let me know when you have a DPL, and once we have that person in place, we will move onward and forward!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!

icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen » November 25th, 2022, 8:30 pm

Off we go to Going Solo!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!

Laur

Post by Laur » November 25th, 2022, 10:11 pm

icequeen wrote:
November 24th, 2022, 1:53 pm
OK, your MW is ready for you, Laurie! Let me know when you have a DPL, and once we have that person in place, we will move onward and forward!
Put out a PM to someone who was interested in DPL, hasn’t picked up mail yet - so still waiting confirmation. I think it could be the Holiday season?? :hmm:
~ Laurie ✨
”Do what you love, love what you do, and with all your heart give yourself to it.”-
My LibriVox Page

icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen » November 26th, 2022, 6:01 pm

Yes, that would be my guess, especially if this person is a very regular member. I'm not in a hurry, we can wait for as long as we need to. Feel free to record and upload!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!

Laur

Post by Laur » Yesterday, 8:13 pm

Chapter 1 posted, ready for PL :)
~ Laurie ✨
My LibriVox Page

afutterer

Post by afutterer » Today, 6:36 am

I am here! Thanks for the opportunity. I was off hunting deer... Or rather, watching squirrels and birds, since there were no deer. I will be happy to DPL. I will be catching up on Paddy, hopefully today!
Anthony

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak. ~Epictetus

Laur

Post by Laur » Today, 6:52 am

afutterer wrote:
Today, 6:36 am
I am here! Thanks for the opportunity. I was off hunting deer... Or rather, watching squirrels and birds, since there were no deer. I will be happy to DPL. I will be catching up on Paddy, hopefully today!
Watching squirrels and birds 😆 That’s awesome! Well, this little story is going to take you back to the forest! There is no deer here either!
PS….welcome back and thank you for DPL’ing this project!
Laur
~ Laurie ✨
My LibriVox Page