[COMPLETE]SOLO The Treasury of David, Volume 4 by C H Spurgeon-ans

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
GillH

Post by GillH »

The Treasury of David, Volume 4, by C H Spurgeon (1834 - 1892)

All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/the-treasury-of-david-volume-4-by-charles-h-spurgeon/
Charles Spurgeon was a British Particular Baptist preacher who remains highly influential among Christians of various denominations, among whom he is known as the "Prince of Preachers". Many Christians hold his writings in exceptionally high regard among devotional literature.

This fourth volume of his "original exposition of the book of Psalms" covers Psalms 79 to 103. Spurgeon's introduction and exposition of each psalm will be read, omitting the "Explanatory Notes and Quaint Sayings" which are by various authors, as well as his "Hints to the Village Preacher". (Summary Adapted from Wikipedia by Gillian Hendrie)
Source text (please read only from this text!): https://archive.org/details/treasurydavidco01spurgoog/page/n7/mode/2up

Target completion date: 2023-07-01

Prooflistening level: Standard
Prospective PLs, please see the Guide for Proof-listeners.

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the number of languishing projects on our server, we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't recorded anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process unless you are the BC or PL. Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
========================================
This paragraph is temporary and will be replaced by the MC with the list of sections and reader (Magic Window) once this project is in the admin system.

[list]
[*]Project Code: oBhZ935R
[*]Link to author on Wikipedia (if available): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Spurgeon (C H Spurgeon)
[*]Link to title on Wikipedia (if available): https://www.biblestudytools.com/commentaries/treasury-of-david/
[*]Number of sections (files) this project will have: 40
[*]Does the project have an introduction or preface: Yes
[*]Original publication date (if known): 1881
[*]If you are a new volunteer, how would you like your name (or pseudonym) credited in the catalog?
[*]Do you have a URL you would like associated with your name?:
[/list]

Genres for the project: *Non-fiction/Religion/Christianity - Commentary

Keywords that describe the book:

LibriVox recording settings: mono (1 channel), 44100 Hz sample rate, 128 kbps constant bit rate MP3. See the Tech Specs

Intro to recording:
Leave 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning.

For the first section, say:
"[Section title] of The Treasury of David, Volume 4. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information or to volunteer, please visit librivox.org." [Optional: "Read by your name."] "The Treasury of David, Volume 4, by C H Spurgeon. Section Title."
For the second and subsequent sections, you may use the shortened intro if you wish:
"Psalm # of The Treasury of David, Volume 4, by C H Spurgeon. This LibriVox recording is in the public domain." [Optional: "Read by your name.
End of recording:
Say:
"End of [Section title]." [Optional, and if not stated in the intro: "Read by [your name, city, date]."]
If you are recording the final section of the book, add:
"End of The Treasury of David, Volume 4, by C H Spurgeon."
Leave 5 seconds of silence at the end.

Filename: treasuryofdavid4_##_spurgeon_128kb.mp3 where ## is the section number. (e.g. treasuryofdavid_01_spurgeon_128kb.mp3)

Upload to the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader

MC to select: Annise

Copy and paste the file link generated by the uploader into the relevant Listen URL field in the Section Compiler, enter the duration in the Notes field, and post in this thread to let your PL and MC know that you have uploaded a file. You may also post the file link in the thread.
Last edited by GillH on September 4th, 2022, 12:35 pm, edited 7 times in total.
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

Happy to DPL if you are looking for one.
Medieval History Volume 02 The Rise of the Saracens and the Foundation of the Western Empire 99% 1 left! "The Carlovingian Revolution, and Frankish Intervention in Italy Part 3 by G. L. Burr"
DPL DPL 27 19 43
GillH

Post by GillH »

Brilliant. Yes, please.
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

Will you be following the same procedure as the other volumes?
Treasury of David by Charles Spurgeon -- Abridged (reading only Spurgeon's commentary on the psalm and omitting the "Explanatory notes and Quaint Sayings" written by other authors)
Medieval History Volume 02 The Rise of the Saracens and the Foundation of the Western Empire 99% 1 left! "The Carlovingian Revolution, and Frankish Intervention in Italy Part 3 by G. L. Burr"
DPL DPL 27 19 43
GillH

Post by GillH »

Yes, absolutely.
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

I'll get you an MW - back soon
All yours
I'd suggest you added the explanation about the extent of the reading to the summary.
Have fun - it will be a change from your current project :D

Anne
GillH

Post by GillH »

Thanks a lot, Anne. Yes, this definitely counts as light relief from all those tables!
GillH

Post by GillH »

Section 0: Preface (9:00)
https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/treasuryofdavid4_00_spurgeon_128kb.mp3

Section 1: Psalm 88 (37:14)
https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/treasuryofdavid4_01_spurgeon_128kb.mp3

EDIT (5 July '22) "Section 1" deleted in light of using a different version of Volume 4 so that we are not missing Psalms 79 - 87.
Last edited by GillH on July 5th, 2022, 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
GillH

Post by GillH »

I've just realised that Volume 3 ends with Psalm 78, but Volume 4 starts with Psalm 88. I wonder why he didn't cover those 9 psalms, and why he doesn't mention it in the preface. :hmm:
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

GillH wrote: July 4th, 2022, 2:50 pm I've just realised that Volume 3 ends with Psalm 78, but Volume 4 starts with Psalm 88. I wonder why he didn't cover those 9 psalms, and why he doesn't mention it in the preface. :hmm:
Odd. I wonder if it's a printing error. This printing appears to have them.
DPL DPL 27 19 43
GillH

Post by GillH »

I checked your link but as far as I can see that lis ends with Psalm 78.
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

GillH wrote: July 5th, 2022, 5:24 am I checked your link but as far as I can see that lis ends with Psalm 78.
Now I see what you mean. What about https://archive.org/details/thetreasuryofdav03spuruoft/page/400/mode/2up ?
DPL DPL 27 19 43
GillH

Post by GillH »

MaryAnn messaged me. It’s a different division of the volumes. When I get home I’ll change the intro and text link and delete Psalm 88’s link. The psalm I’ve already read will appear in a later section.
GillH

Post by GillH »