[COMPLETE] Favorite Fairy Tales, by Logan Marshall - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Ikestudios

Post by Ikestudios »

Favorite Fairy Tales, by Logan Marshall (1884 - 1937)

This project is now complete! All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/favorite-fairy-tales-version-2-by-logan-marshall/
Love fairy tales? We all do, and here are some of our "Favorite Fairy Tales." Come join us to the land of China to hear the story of "Aladdin", hear about Jack and how he climbs to treasure in "jack and the beanstalk," come to the woods and eat a candy house in "Hansel and Gretel." And there are so many more to listen to! (Summary by T. Craft)
Source text (please read only from this text!): https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/20748

Target completion date:

Prooflistening level: Standard
Prospective PLs, please see the Guide for Proof-listeners.

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the number of languishing projects on our server, we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't recorded anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process unless you are the BC or PL. Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
LibriVox recording settings: mono (1 channel), 44100 Hz sample rate, 128 kbps constant bit rate MP3. See the Tech Specs

Intro to recording:
Leave 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning.

For the first section, say:
"Section (or Chapter) # of Favorite Fairy Tales. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information or to volunteer, please visit librivox.org." [Optional: "Read by your name."] "Favorite Fairy Tales, by Logan Marshall. Section Title."
For the second and subsequent sections, you may use the shortened intro if you wish:
"Section (or Chapter) # of Favorite Fairy Tales, by Logan Marshall. This LibriVox recording is in the public domain." [Optional: "Read by your name."] "Section Title."
End of recording:
Say:
"End of section (or chapter) #." [Optional, and if not stated in the intro: "Read by your name, city, date."]
If you are recording the final section of the book, add:
"End of Favorite Fairy Tales, by Logan Marshall."
Leave 5 seconds of silence at the end.

Filename: favoritefairytales_##_marshall_128kb.mp3 where ## is the section number. (e.g. favoritefairytales_01_marshall_128kb.mp3)

Upload to the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader

MC to select: TriciaG

Copy and paste the file link generated by the uploader into the relevant Listen URL field in the Section Compiler, enter the duration in the Notes field, and post in this thread to let your PL and MC know that you have uploaded a file. You may also post the file link in the thread.
Last edited by Ikestudios on July 26th, 2022, 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

fyi this will be version 2 . Anne
Ikestudios

Post by Ikestudios »

Being the first does not matter to me, I've always wanted to do a collection of Fairy Tales on tape! :D :9:
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

I'll set this up. I'll be back shortly with the MW.
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

OK, you're set up.

I'll move this to Going Solo in a bit. If you don't snag a DPL before that point, you can still upload files and advertise for a DPL over in "Prooflisteners and Editors Wanted."

Have fun!
Ikestudios

Post by Ikestudios »

1: DONE & UPLOADED :D
2: DONE & UPLOADED :D
3: DONE & UPLOADED :D
4: DONE & UPLOADED :D
5: DONE & UPLOADED :D
6: DONE & UPLOADED :D
7: DONE & UPLOADED :D
8: DONE, UPLOADED & CRYING
9: UPLOADED & DONE
10: DONE & UPLOADED
11: DONE & UPLOADED :D thank you to everyone who helped me
12: DONE & UPLOADED! :wink:
13: DONE & UPLOADED
14: DONE & UPLOADED : :clap:
15: DONE & UPLOADED
16: DONE & UPLOADED
17: DONE & UPLOADED
18: DONE & UPLAODED :9:
Last edited by Ikestudios on July 26th, 2022, 5:24 pm, edited 10 times in total.
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

I give up trying to up upload this film, I've been trying for almost an two hours.
That may be because you've got # signs in the file name. Another possibility is that your login session timed out. Try fixing the file name to remove the # signs (and you can remove the extra ".mp3" in the name, and logging into the uploader again.

(Note that you don't need to add the ".mp3" to the file name. Your computer adds that automatically when making the file.)
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

Can I DPL. You know I love Fairy Tales Tricia!
Anthony

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak. ~Epictetus
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

I've put you in. Thanks! :)
Ikestudios

Post by Ikestudios »

Hi, I would like to pre-claim the cover for this. Favorite Fairy Tales, by Logan Marshall.
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Ikestudios wrote: July 26th, 2022, 7:29 pm Hi, I would like to pre-claim the cover for this. Favorite Fairy Tales, by Logan Marshall.
That's done in the CD Cover Working Thread: viewtopic.php?t=28785

But since I know what's what with that, I'll enter your pre-claim for you. :)

Check out the first post in that thread for instructions. Once the project is cataloged, you'll post about the completed cover over there.
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

PL NOTES:

Hello there. When I run these files through the "Checker" program The results are as follows:

Section 1 - 10 - All of these are stereo recordings instead of mono recordings.
Section 11 - This section does not meet the 128kbps fixed rate requirement for Librivox.

Section 4, 5, 6, 9, 10 - All are outside of the 86-92dB range. This is not a hold up since this can generally be fixed by the MC at cataloging. However, since these all require conversion to mono recording type, this could also be slightly amplified. Since these may be amplified, which could cause clipping, I will wait to PL these 5 sections.

I can either continue listen to Sections 1-3, 7, 8 while the remainder are fixed or
I can convert and amplify these sections and re-upload into the project. It has been a while since I had done any of this so I did a trial run on one of the files yesterday and it went flawlessly. Since I will be PLing AFTER the conversion, you can be sure that I should catch any strange happenings. I would only ask that you try to check these settings in the future to ensure that these minor settings are correct.

It is really up to the two of you how you would like me to proceed. I do not want to do any converting and uploading without the approval of the recording artist.

In addition, during the export and amplify process, I am able to embed metadata, which I do not have. There is mention that this is also added at the time of cataloging the work.

Tricia, is this true?
Anthony

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak. ~Epictetus
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Whatever metadata is added by the reader is stripped and replaced by some during the cataloging process, so it's pretty pointless to add metadata nowadays. :)
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

TriciaG wrote: July 27th, 2022, 7:29 am Whatever metadata is added by the reader is stripped and replaced by some during the cataloging process, so it's pretty pointless to add metadata nowadays. :)
Sounds good. I will just wait for word for Ike before I do anymore work on this. Should fly pretty quickly after that.
Anthony

afutterer

Post by afutterer »

PL NOTES:

I see that the final sections 12-18 are now uploaded to the MW. That is great. Such diligence! :clap:

I have run these through the checker and have some updates. To not confuse everyone, I will include the last PL note in this comment so all of the notes are together in one place.

PL NOTES:

Results of the Checker Program.

Section 1 - 10, 13 - All of these are stereo recordings and must be mono to be catalogued on Librivox.
Section 11 - This section does not meet the 128kbps fixed rate requirement for Librivox.

Section 4, 5, 6, 9, 10 - All are outside of the 86-92dB range. This is not a hold up since this can generally be fixed by the MC at cataloging. However, since these all require conversion to mono recording type, this could also be slightly amplified. Since these may be amplified, which could cause clipping, I will wait to PL these 5 sections.

Section 11, 12, 14-18 - These pass all checks ok, but when I download them they will not load in Audacity or Windows default mp3 player. An error comes up stating that this error is due to a malformed mp3 file. I am not sure what this is about and have never encountered it before. I think that these would have to be repaired somehow. Have you guys seen this before?

I can either continue listen to Sections 1-3, 7, 8, 13 while the remainder are fixed or
I can convert and amplify these sections and re-upload into the project. It has been a while since I had done any of this so I did a trial run on one of the files yesterday and it went flawlessly. Since I will be PLing AFTER the conversion, you can be sure that I should catch any strange happenings. I would only ask that you try to check these settings in the future to ensure that these minor settings are correct.

It is really up to the two of you how you would like me to proceed. I do not want to do any converting and uploading without the approval of the recording artist.
Anthony