[COMPLETE][Short Stories]The Black Cat Vol. 02 No. 12 September 1897 - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

The Black Cat Vol. 02 No. 12 September 1897, by Various

This project is now complete! All audio files can now be found on the catalog page for this project https://librivox.org/black-cat-02-12-sep1897-by-various/
The Black Cat (1895-1922) was a monthly literary magazine, publishing original short stories, often about uncanny or fantastical topics. Many writers were largely unknown, but some famous authors also wrote original material for this magazine.<br>
These are the stories in the twelfth issue of Volume 2:<br>
Sombre, by John M. Ellicott, U. S. N. / The Debut of Mandana, by Alden Lyman / Number Seven, by Livingstone B. Morse / Information Wanted, by Percie W. Hart / In Memory of Tom Satan, by Shannon Birch

(Summary by Sonia)
Source text (please read only from this text!): https://archive.org/details/TheBlackCatV02no06189703/The Black Cat v02no12 (1897-09)/

Deadline: Please submit your recording within 2 months of placing your claim. If you cannot complete the recording within this time, please post in the thread to relinquish your claim or to ask the BC for an extension. If your recording is not completed by the deadline, your claim may be reassigned at the BC's discretion.

Claiming sections: Look in the Magic Window below for the list of available sections. Post a reply in this thread asking for the section you would like to record.

Claiming is restricted to one section per reader, to have the maximum of different voices in this project.

New to recording? Please see our Newbie Guide to Recording for further instructions. A quick guide to our required technical settings can be found here. When you post your file, please tell the BC what name you would like to use in our catalog.

Prooflistening level: Standard
Prospective PLs, please see the Guide for Proof-listeners.

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process unless you are the BC or PL. Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
========================================

LibriVox recording settings: mono (1 channel), 44100 Hz sample rate, 128 kbps constant bit rate MP3. See the Tech Specs

Intro to recording:
Leave 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning.

Say:
Section [Number] of The Black Cat Vol. 2 No. 12 September 1897.
This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information or to volunteer, please visit librivox.org.
[Optional: Read by your name.]
The Black Cat Vol. 2 No. 12 September 1897. Section [number] [Title & author].
End of recording:
Say:
End of section [number].
[Optional, and if not stated in the intro: Read by your name, city, date.]
If you are recording the final section of the book, add:
End of The Black Cat Vol. 2 No. 12 September 1897.
Leave 5 seconds of silence at the end.

Filename: blackcat0212sep1897_#_various_128kb.mp3 where # is the section number. (e.g. blackcat0212sep1897_1_various_128kb.mp3)

Upload to the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader
(If you have trouble reading the image above, please contact an admin)

MC to select: Kitty

Copy and paste the file link generated by the uploader into a new post in this thread along with the file duration (mm:ss). Watch this thread for prooflistening notes.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask! Just post in this thread.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

And I think it's time to launch a new Black Cat. With this issue we already finish the second season of this amazing magazine.

Looking forward to hearing the next 5 stories :9:

And, as always for the Black Cat, please restrict yourself to one section per reader, so we have the maximum of voices in this project.

It's a go !

Sonia
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

Hi, Sonia.

I've made it. I'd like to do The Debut of Mandana, by Alden Lyman

Thanks!
Thanks, SaraHale. :D
Constructive criticism is always welcome. :thumbs:
GregGiordano

Post by GregGiordano »

May I claim Section 3, "Number Seven."

Thank you!

Greg
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

SaraHale wrote: June 25th, 2022, 4:00 amI've made it. I'd like to do The Debut of Mandana, by Alden Lyman
wohoo, you made first claim ! Thank you, Sarah, you're signed up :)

Have a good weekend

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

GregGiordano wrote: June 25th, 2022, 4:04 amMay I claim Section 3, "Number Seven."
rapid-fire response :lol: glad to have you in this one as well, Greg, thanks. Now I'm curious what "Number 7" will be :hmm:

Hope you don't have too much work today.

Sonia
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

Kitty wrote: June 25th, 2022, 4:04 am wohoo, you made first claim ! Thank you, Sarah, you're signed up :)

Have a good weekend

Sonia
🥳🥳🥳 You're welcome.
Thanks, SaraHale. :D
Constructive criticism is always welcome. :thumbs:
GregGiordano

Post by GregGiordano »

Kitty wrote: June 25th, 2022, 4:05 am
GregGiordano wrote: June 25th, 2022, 4:04 amMay I claim Section 3, "Number Seven."
rapid-fire response :lol: glad to have you in this one as well, Greg, thanks. Now I'm curious what "Number 7" will be :hmm:

Hope you don't have too much work today.

Sonia
Half day today!

Thank you!

Greg
JulieB3

Post by JulieB3 »

May I have section 5, please? Thank you.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

JulieB3 wrote: June 25th, 2022, 12:41 pmMay I have section 5, please? Thank you.
and here's to an unbroken streak for two full seasons :thumbs: Thank you for staying faithful to the Black Cat, Julie. Now I wonder whether Tom Satan is a black cat, would be a fitting name...

I'll PL your other section tomorrow, it's getting late here tonight.

Sonia
dg73

Post by dg73 »

I would like to do section 4 if its still free?
Dan Gurzynski
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

dg73 wrote: June 27th, 2022, 4:25 amI would like to do section 4 if its still free?
not anymore now :mrgreen: thank you for your interest and welcome back to the Black Cat !!! I think you were one of the first readers in this project.

Sonia
maulsbyron

Post by maulsbyron »

Hello! I would love to take the first section, Sombre, if it is available.

Andrew
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

maulsbyron wrote: June 27th, 2022, 1:57 pmHello! I would love to take the first section, Sombre, if it is available.
yes of course, and hello and welcome to the Black Cat series. Enjoy your story and thank you for making us fully claimed.

Moving over to Readers Found now.

Looking forward to all your 5 stories. Have fun, team !

Sonia
dg73

Post by dg73 »

Here's my contribution to the project;

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/blackcat0212sep1897_4_various_128kb.mp3
dur 32:25

That is one interesting little 'fragment'. Almost a rosicrucian touch in it.
Dan Gurzynski