[SOLO]Wonder Book of Bible Stories - philc

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
jondalar1988

Post by jondalar1988 »

The Wonder Book of Bible Stories, by Logan Marshall (1883 - 1937)

This project is complete and in our catalog at https://librivox.org/the-wonder-book-of-bible-stories-by-logan-marshall-2/
Book of Bible stories from the Old and New Testaments, in language easy for children to understand. (Summary by Ron Altman)
Source text (please read only from this text!): https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/16042
Target completion date: 2022-12-25

Prooflistening level: Standard
Prospective PLs, please see the Guide for Proof-listeners.

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the number of languishing projects on our server, we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't recorded anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process unless you are the BC or PL. Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
========================================
This paragraph is temporary and will be replaced by the MC with the list of sections and reader (Magic Window) once this project is in the admin system.
  • Project Code: Ti851tcN
  • Link to author on Wikipedia (if available): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logan_Marshall (Logan Marshall)
  • Link to title on Wikipedia (if available): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wonder_Book_of_Bible_Stories
  • Number of sections (files) this project will have: 28
  • Does the project have an introduction or preface: Yes
  • Original publication date (if known): 1904
  • If you are a new volunteer, how would you like your name (or pseudonym) credited in the catalog?
  • Do you have a URL you would like associated with your name?:

Genres for the project: Children's Non-fiction

Keywords that describe the book:

LibriVox recording settings: mono (1 channel), 44100 Hz sample rate, 128 kbps constant bit rate MP3. See the Tech Specs

Intro to recording:
Leave less than 1 second of silence at the beginning.

For the first section, say:
"Section (or Chapter) # of The Wonder Book of Bible Stories. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information or to volunteer, please visit librivox.org." [Optional: "Read by your name."] "The Wonder Book of Bible Stories, by Logan Marshall. Section Title."
For the second and subsequent sections, you may use the shortened intro if you wish:
"Section (or Chapter) # of The Wonder Book of Bible Stories, by Logan Marshall. This LibriVox recording is in the public domain." [Optional: "Read by your name."] "Section Title."
End of recording:
Say:
"End of section (or chapter) #." [Optional, and if not stated in the intro: "Read by your name, city, date."]
If you are recording the final section of the book, add:
"End of The Wonder Book of Bible Stories, by Logan Marshall."
Leave 5 seconds of silence at the end.

Filename: wonderbookofbiblestories_##_marshall_128kb.mp3 where ## is the section number. (e.g. wonderbookofbiblestories_01_marshall_128kb.mp3)

Upload to the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader

MC to select: phil chenevert

Copy and paste the file link generated by the uploader into the relevant Listen URL field in the Section Compiler, enter the duration in the Notes field, and post in this thread to let your PL and MC know that you have uploaded a file. You may also post the file link in the thread.
-Ron Altman-

"The significance of man is his awareness of his insignificance!"
kristakz

Post by kristakz »

I can DPL this for you.

Are you planning this as a solo work, or a group project? I think people often BC their own solos, but if you need a BC, I'm happy to do that.
Krista
jondalar1988

Post by jondalar1988 »

kristakz wrote: January 26th, 2022, 11:02 am I can DPL this for you.

Are you planning this as a solo work, or a group project? I think people often BC their own solos, but if you need a BC, I'm happy to do that.
Solo. And, at my age and level of experience, I'd rather have it BC'd by someone else. I'm just hoping the Lord will give me enough time to finish! :)
-Ron Altman-

kristakz

Post by kristakz »

I'll right, I'm in as BC. All we need now is an MC :)
Krista
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

I will set this up for you. You are in as BC and DPL Kazbek, that is good of you. To the soloist, ask if anything is confusing. :thumbs:
"I lost my trousers," said Tom expansively.
89 Decibels? Easy Peasy ! https://youtu.be/aSKR55RDVpk
kristakz

Post by kristakz »

philchenevert wrote: January 27th, 2022, 11:46 am I will set this up for you. You are in as BC and DPL Kazbek, that is good of you. To the soloist, ask if anything is confusing. :thumbs:
Kazbek? Is that a typo, or some term I'm not familiar with?
Krista
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

kristakz wrote: January 27th, 2022, 12:05 pm
philchenevert wrote: January 27th, 2022, 11:46 am I will set this up for you. You are in as BC and DPL Kazbek, that is good of you. To the soloist, ask if anything is confusing. :thumbs:
Kazbek? Is that a typo, or some term I'm not familiar with?
oh no, just my mistake kristakz. You are in as BC and DPL, I just accidentally used someone elses name.... tsk, tsk. :shock: :roll:
jondalar1988

Post by jondalar1988 »

My thanks to you both! I'll start recording soon. :clap: :clap:
-Ron Altman-

philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

kristakz will you be populating the magic window?
kristakz

Post by kristakz »

My apologies. Yes, I will do that right away.
Krista
kristakz

Post by kristakz »

Actually, some questions, I guess for Jondalar, about the sections. I see 27 sections in the MW - which I think is based on a number provided when it was setup. But I can't see how to break this into 27 sections.
Jondalar, if you had a plan for certain sections to be combined, can you please share it so I get the MW set up correctly for your readings? There are some obvious grouping that I'll keep (The Story of Jacob, for example, will contain both THE SALE OF A BIRTHRIGHT and THE STORY OF THE LADDER THAT REACHED TO HEAVEN)
But I think we'll have to break the story of Jesus into a few sections.

I believe we can also add additional sections if each of these stories should have its own entry, although Phil will have to do that for me, I think.

For now, I've entered everything I can, and made a note of the extras (5 more stories). If we group some items, I can rearrange the MW easily enough.
Krista
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

The template said there would be a preface or introduction (section 0) but I don't see that in the magic window. Let's get some feedback from the soloist as to how he wants to combine or break up sections and we can go from there. I can add or delete as many secions as we decide.
I just looked at the text and don't see why each story could not be a seperate section. True one would be very short but it would be easier for people to find the story they want I guess. Anyway, let's talk. :D
kristakz

Post by kristakz »

Ah yes, I see that Introduction now.

Feedback from OP sounds good. Hopefully he'll drop by. As I look closer, we probably do want each story on its own. The "sections" I thought I identified are still each full stories.
Krista
jondalar1988

Post by jondalar1988 »

Thanks, guys, for your help.
My thought was to assemble it like the version already in the catalog, i.e., combining the sections of Joseph, David, etc into one file. Phil's suggestion, though, makes more sense from the listener's standpoint. I'd be inclined to go along with him on that. So each title in the book would have it's own file. And I think I'd make the introduction a separate file. Does that sound logical?
-Ron Altman-

philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

jondalar1988 wrote: January 28th, 2022, 7:48 am Thanks, guys, for your help.
My thought was to assemble it like the version already in the catalog, i.e., combining the sections of Joseph, David, etc into one file. Phil's suggestion, though, makes more sense from the listener's standpoint. I'd be inclined to go along with him on that. So each title in the book would have it's own file. And I think I'd make the introduction a separate file. Does that sound logical?
Sure. Either way is fine, just give it some thought and we will set it up the way you wish.