No Man's Land, by H.C. McNeile - philc

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Hi, Adrian! I'll pick your solo up for DPL :) Give me a few days to catch up with you. I've queued sections 1-5
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
afinevoice

Post by afinevoice »

LCaulkins wrote: November 28th, 2021, 6:24 pm Hi, Adrian! I'll pick your solo up for DPL :) Give me a few days to catch up with you. I've queued sections 1-5
Thanks for picking this up, Lynette!
Thanks,
Adrian
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Section 1 is PL OK :thumbs:

hey, Adrian, if you open the editing for the initial post so that you can delete the tilde from the project thread title, other DPLs won't think you still need one. 8-)
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
afinevoice

Post by afinevoice »

LCaulkins wrote: November 29th, 2021, 8:55 am Section 1 is PL OK :thumbs:

hey, Adrian, if you open the editing for the initial post so that you can delete the tilde from the project thread title, other DPLs won't think you still need one. 8-)
Done :thumbs:
Thanks,
Adrian
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Section 2 is PL OK :thumbs:

Just to make sure, Adrian, I meant it will take a few days for me to catch up with you, not that I wanted you to wait for me before putting up new recordings. :)
~Lynette * -
afinevoice

Post by afinevoice »

Ah, I misunderstood. I'll get back to it soon :thumbs:
Thanks,
Adrian
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Section 3 is PL OK :thumbs:
~Lynette * -
afinevoice

Post by afinevoice »

i’ve started the next section (6) and plan to finish it tomorrow. 5 was a hoot. I had to stop so many times as I was laughing. Quite comedic I thought. I’d be interested to know if you agree when you get to it Lynette
Thanks,
Adrian
afinevoice

Post by afinevoice »

Thanks,
Adrian
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Ha!! Section 5 is hilarious, yes. :lol: I can see how it kept making you laugh while recording - but you come across smoothly and in the perfect tone for reading classic British understated humor. Loved it.

There is one glitch near the end - the tin smith has arrived, and one of his words is cut off. at 39:10, we have "Yes, he remarked at l___" (should be length). It does jar right when you're highly immersed in the comedy of the whole scene.
~Lynette * -
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Section 6 is PL OK :thumbs:
~Lynette * -
afinevoice

Post by afinevoice »

LCaulkins wrote: December 2nd, 2021, 11:07 am Ha!! Section 5 is hilarious, yes. :lol: I can see how it kept making you laugh while recording - but you come across smoothly and in the perfect tone for reading classic British understated humor. Loved it.

There is one glitch near the end - the tin smith has arrived, and one of his words is cut off. at 39:10, we have "Yes, he remarked at l___" (should be length). It does jar right when you're highly immersed in the comedy of the whole scene.
Hi Lynette, I believe I've fixed that. Please find an updated file here https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/nomansland_05_mcneile_128kb.mp3
Thanks,
Adrian
afinevoice

Post by afinevoice »

Thanks,
Adrian
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

5 is beautifully edited. PL OK :thumbs

7 is queued
~Lynette * -
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Whoa! Part 7 is PL OK :thumbs:

Spooky story. Apparently, WWI ghost tales from the front and trenches abound.
~Lynette * -