COMPLETE We Were at the Normandy Invasion - rap

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

We Were There at the Normandy Invasion, by Clayton Knight (1891 - 1969)

This project is complete and all audio files can be found in the catalogue: https://librivox.org/we-were-there-at-the-normandy-invasion-by-clayton-knight/

Volunteers outside the USA: Clayton Knight died in 1969. This person's work may still be protected by copyright in countries where copyright duration is determined by the author's death date. In Europe this is 70 years; in Canada it is 50 years; and in Australia it is 70 years for authors who died after 1955.
D-Day: 6 June 1944. The date of the invasion of the Normandy Coast of France by the Allies. This novel gives a different look at that invasion than most of us have ever seen. It tells of a young French boy, André Gagnon, and his exciting adventures as he helps the Maquis (the French Underground fighting the Germans), a shot down British airman, and the American soldiers in their successful attempt to liberate France from German occupation. An entertaining and informative family friendly tale.
Source text (please read only from this text!): https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/66577

Target completion date: 2022-02-01

Prooflistening level: Standard
Prospective PLs, please see the Guide for Proof-listeners.

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the number of languishing projects on our server, we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't recorded anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process unless you are the BC or PL. Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
========================================
This paragraph is temporary and will be replaced by the MC with the list of sections and reader (Magic Window) once this project is in the admin system.

Genres for the project: Action & Adventure Fiction; Historical Fiction

Keywords that describe the book: France, soldiers, World War II, normandy, d-day

LibriVox recording settings: mono (1 channel), 44100 Hz sample rate, 128 kbps constant bit rate MP3. See the Tech Specs

Intro to recording:
Leave 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning.

For the first section, say:
"Chapter # of We Were There at the Normandy Invasion. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information or to volunteer, please visit librivox.org." [Optional: "Read by your name."] "We Were There at the Normandy Invasion, by Clayton Knight. Section Title."
For the second and subsequent sections, you may use the shortened intro if you wish:
"Chapter # of We Were There at the Normandy Invasion, by Clayton Knight. This LibriVox recording is in the public domain." [Optional: "Read by your name."] "Section Title."
End of recording:
Say:
"End of chapter #." [Optional, and if not stated in the intro: "Read by your name, city, date."]
If you are recording the final section of the book, add:
"End of We Were There at the Normandy Invasion, by Clayton Knight."
Leave 5 seconds of silence at the end.

Filename: normandyinvasion_##_knight_128kb.mp3 where ## is the section number. (e.g. normandyinvasion_01_knight_128kb.mp3)

Upload to the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader

MC to select: Rapunzelina

Copy and paste the file link generated by the uploader into the relevant Listen URL field in the Section Compiler, enter the duration in the Notes field, and post in this thread to let your PL and MC know that you have uploaded a file. You may also post the file link in the thread.
Last edited by Kalamareader on January 19th, 2022, 4:39 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Wayne
We never really grow up, we just learn how to act in public. :mrgreen:
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

Sorry,
I forgot the tilde. :oops:
Wayne
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Hi, Wayne

Glad to see you're taking on a solo! :thumbs:
I would be glad to join you as DPL.
Lover your reading :)
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Hey boys! Let me set this up for you :)
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Magic Window is in place, and you both should have access.

See if you can shorten the filename a bit. No problem if not. :)
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

Rapunzelina wrote: October 22nd, 2021, 8:31 am Magic Window is in place, and you both should have access.

See if you can shorten the filename a bit. No problem if not. :)
Thank you for taking this on. I will shorten it a little later.

Wayne
Wayne
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

silverquill wrote: October 21st, 2021, 8:18 pm Hi, Wayne

Glad to see you're taking on a solo! :thumbs:
I would be glad to join you as DPL.
Lover your reading :)
Larry,

Thanks for the kind words.

Actually this is my sixth Solo :shock:

I will get started soon :D

Wayne
Wayne
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

We've moved to Going Solo.
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

Well,

Finally here is Chapter 1

Wayne
Wayne
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Kalamareader wrote: October 26th, 2021, 5:12 pm Well,

Finally here is Chapter 1

Wayne
And, PL OK
Off to a good start. :)
~ Larry
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

Sometimes I wonder at myself. I recorded Chapter 2 yesterday, and I am pretty sure I uploaded it, but forgot to mention it here and post in in the MW. :oops: So I had to re-upload it, but it is finally there. :roll:

Wayne
Wayne
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

Here are the next three:

I am not ashamed to say that at the end of Chapter 4 and also at the end of 5 I got a little emotional and had to stop for a minute to gather my self.

Also, I know in 5 there are a few misses that I didn't correct, but I hope you will feel that they didn't really change the meaning of the sentence or story.

Wayne
Wayne
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Kalamareader wrote: October 28th, 2021, 6:07 pm Sometimes I wonder at myself. I recorded Chapter 2 yesterday, and I am pretty sure I uploaded it, but forgot to mention it here and post in in the MW. :oops: So I had to re-upload it, but it is finally there. :roll:

Wayne
That's OK! It shows up in my Workflow Page so I saw it, and it is PL OK
I may get to the next ones tomorrow, but I have a morning appt the preparing to take our new RV on a shakedown trip for a few days. We may make this a tech-free trip. We'll see.
~ Larry
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

silverquill wrote: October 28th, 2021, 9:21 pm I have a morning appt the preparing to take our new RV on a shakedown trip for a few days. We may make this a tech-free trip.
Sounds like fun. We had motorhomes for 20 years. Lost the last one due to fire in October of 2019 in the middle of a 48 State, 8 Province trip, about 30 miles east of Cleveland on I-90. No one hurt. (Really not our fault at all.) Long, long story, but we certainly enjoyed them while we had them. We were not in the least thinking of getting rid of it, but we decided not to replace it, and are traveling in other ways :D . So have fun, and we will talk when you get back.
Wayne
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

These sections are PL OK

I'll share about motorhoming later. Nothing like a rainy day for our firs setup :lol:
~ Larry