COMPLETE [CATALAN] Els sots feréstecs, by Raimon Casellas - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Enric

Post by Enric »

Els sots feréstecs, by Raimon Casellas (1855 - 1910)

This project is now complete! All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/els-sots-ferestecs-by-raimon-casellas/
Els sots feréstecs (1901), de Raimon Casellas, és considerada la primera novel·la llarga modernista. Representa el fracàs de l'artista en el seu intent de transformar la societat, per la qual cosa enllaça amb la voluntat regeneracionista del moviment modernista. El protagonista, mossèn Llàtzer, encarna l'home superior, el Bé i l'Ideal, que s'enfronta a les multituds, el Mal i la Natura, encarnades per la Roda-soques. El personatge que inicia el llibre, l'Aleix de les Tòfones, simbolitza la degradació de les qualitats humanes. (Summary by Wikipedia)
Source text (please read only from this text!): http://www.cervantesvirtual.com/obra-visor/els-sots-ferestechs--0/html/ff300bbe-82b1-11df-acc7-002185ce6064_2.html#I_0_

Target completion date: 2021-12-31

Prooflistening level: Standard
Prospective PLs, please see the Guide for Proof-listeners.

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the number of languishing projects on our server, we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't recorded anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process unless you are the BC or PL. Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin

LibriVox recording settings: mono (1 channel), 44100 Hz sample rate, 128 kbps constant bit rate MP3. See the Tech Specs

Intro to recording:
Leave 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning.

For the first section, say:
"Section (or Chapter) # of Els sots feréstecs. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information or to volunteer, please visit librivox.org." [Optional: "Read by your name."] "Els sots feréstecs, by Raimon Casellas. Section Title."
For the second and subsequent sections, you may use the shortened intro if you wish:
"Section (or Chapter) # of Els sots feréstecs, by Raimon Casellas. This LibriVox recording is in the public domain." [Optional: "Read by your name."] "Section Title."
End of recording:
Say:
"End of section (or chapter) #." [Optional, and if not stated in the intro: "Read by your name, city, date."]
If you are recording the final section of the book, add:
"End of Els sots feréstecs, by Raimon Casellas."
Leave 5 seconds of silence at the end.

Filename: elssotsferestecs_##_casellas_128kb.mp3 where ## is the section number. (e.g. elssotsferestecs_01_casellas_128kb.mp3)

Upload to the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader

MC to select: TriciaG

Copy and paste the file link generated by the uploader into the relevant Listen URL field in the Section Compiler, enter the duration in the Notes field, and post in this thread to let your PL and MC know that you have uploaded a file. You may also post the file link in the thread.
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

Hello, Enric, and welcome to Librivox!

Before starting your own solo, it is strongly suggested you do two things:

- Please do the one-minute test (information about it at: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/1-Minute_Test) to check your technical settings. It's not an audition, but to make sure you're producing a file we will be able to use later. It is a shame to record a whole section, only to have to redo it because of some simple thing that is incorrect.

- Claim and record at least one section in a group project. This is to make sure you know what you're getting into. Recording a whole book isn't as easy as it seems. It isn't simply sitting down and recording. There's editing to do - and that often can take up to 5 times as long as recording does. Many, many brand new readers who start with a solo end up quitting before finishing. Not only that, but you're basically alone in a solo: you are the coordinator, so some experience before that is not uncalled for.

I will give some time so you can see this, and then we will move this to Book Suggestions until you've done the test, and hopefully taken part in a group project. When you're ready to do the solo, post in the thread, and an admin will move it back to the Launch Pad for you.
Leni
=================
Enric

Post by Enric »

Hi, Leni.
Thank you for your reply and all your comments.
I have done the 1 minute test: https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_enric.mp3
Can I go on with the book recording?
Actually, I am not alone, my brother is helping me. We have recorded already some books for our own private use and pleasure. We now want to contribute to Librivox.
Thanks for all your advice!
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

The test is OK. The volume is a LITTLE bit on the low side, but not enough to worry about.

If you're confident about starting a solo project right away, I'll move this to the Launch Pad for you. :)
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
Enric

Post by Enric »

Thanks!
Enric

Post by Enric »

Link to the recording: https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/elssotsferestecs_01_casellas_128kb.mp3
Section number: 1 of 20
Length: 21:15
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Enric wrote: November 1st, 2021, 3:07 am Link to the recording: https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/elssotsferestecs_01_casellas_128kb.mp3
Section number: 1 of 20
Length: 21:15
Umm, I'm not your MC. Please wait for someone to set up your Magic Window in your project. They will be your MC. You'll upload files to them.

I was just checking your test file for you. :)
Enric

Post by Enric »

Oh, ok.
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Okay, I'll MC.

As you're the soloist, you're in charge of updating the Magic Window.

Detailed Instructions for accessing the Magic Window can be found in the document linked here:
Instructions for Soloists

Video showing how to use the Magic Window (read the above document first - it has the information on how to log in for the first time, which this does not have):
Magic Windows / Section Compiler: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOP4tcr1kl8

I've entered the first two chapters for you as an example, as well as the file you already uploaded. You can fill in the rest.

When you upload a chapter, put the file duration (mm:ss) in the Notes field and the uploaded URL into the Listen URL field, and mark it from Assigned to Ready for PL.
Enric

Post by Enric »

Great, thank you!
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Moving to Going Solo...
Enric

Post by Enric »

Thanks for moving to "Going solo".
Do I need to do anything regarding the PL?
Shall I continue recording before the PL approves at least the first part?
Thanks!
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Assuming your tech settings are all OK, you can keep recording and uploading the sections.

If you want to advertise for a DPL, you can do so over in Listeners & Editors Wanted. Info here: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=17680

I can do it for you in a week or so, if you don't get to it.

The tilde in the subject line of this thread is an indicator that it has no DPL, also. :)
Enric

Post by Enric »

OK, thanks again.
I have uploaded another section.
I will wait for you to search for a PL.
jpujolar

Post by jpujolar »

Dear friends,

I am happy to PL this project.