[COMPLETE] Figaro: The Life of Beaumarchais - availle

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Figaro: The Life of Beaumarchais, by John Rivers

This project is now complete. All files can be found on this librivox catalog page:
https://librivox.org/figaro-the-life-of-beaumarchais-by-john-rivers/

Beaumarchais – Watchmaker, music teacher, politician, opportunist, publisher, secret agent for Louis XVI, yet fomentor of revolution in both France and America – and yet again imprisoned for being an enemy of the Revolution. . . friend of Voltaire, libertarian, arms dealer, and dramatist whose famous Figaro trio of satirical plays reflects the dissolution of Medieval society and torturous emergence of a new democratic era. This biography by John Rivers was originally published in 1922. (Summary by Lynette Caulkins)
Source text (please read only from this text!): https://babel.hathitrust.org/cgi/pt?id=uc1.b4525386 (Skip the footnotes.)
How to pronounce Pierre Augustin Caron de Beaumarchais

Deadline: Please submit your recording within 2 months of placing your claim. If you cannot complete the recording within this time, please post in the thread to relinquish your claim or to ask the BC for an extension. If your recording is not completed by the deadline, your claim may be reassigned at the BC's discretion.

Claiming sections: Look in the Magic Window below for the list of available sections. Post a reply in this thread asking for the section you would like to record.

New to recording? Please see our Newbie Guide to Recording for further instructions. A quick guide to our required technical settings can be found here. When you post your file, please tell the BC what name you would like to use in our catalog.

Prooflistening level: Standard
Prospective PLs, please see the Guide for Proof-listeners.

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process unless you are the BC or PL. Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
========================================
Genres for the project: *Non-fiction/Biography & Autobiography
Keywords that describe the book: biography, french revolution, american revolution, Voltaire, figaro, beaumarchais, barber of seville, playwrite, dramatist, revolutionaries
========================================

LibriVox recording settings: mono (1 channel), 44100 Hz sample rate, 128 kbps constant bit rate MP3. See the Tech Specs

Intro to recording:
Leave 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning.

Say:
"Chapter # of Figaro: The Life of Beaumarchais. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information or to volunteer, please visit librivox.org." [Optional: "Read by your name."] "Figaro: The Life of Beaumarchais, by John Rivers. Section Title."
End of recording:
Say:
"End of Chapter#." [Optional, and if not stated in the intro: "Read by your name, city, date."]
If you are recording the final section of the book, add:
"End of Figaro: The Life of Beaumarchais, by John Rivers."
Leave 5 seconds of silence at the end.

Filename: figarobeaumarchais_##_rivers_128kb.mp3 where ## is the section number. (e.g. figarobeaumarchais_01_rivers_128kb.mp3)

Upload to the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader
(If you have trouble reading the image above, please contact an admin)

MC to select: Availle

Copy and paste the file link generated by the uploader into a new post in this thread along with the file duration (mm:ss). Watch this thread for prooflistening notes.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask! Just post in this thread.
Last edited by LCaulkins on October 4th, 2021, 9:44 am, edited 4 times in total.
~Lynette * - family visiting, very slow response and PL work until the 22nd.
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Sounds interesting - I'll MC this for you!

Later: Okay, all good! Have fun!

I forsee quite a few problems with the filenames - please make sure to note them in the MW so I know to fix during cataloging. :wink:
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Super! Thanks :) I don't have DPL lined up, yet, so hopefully someone will see the tilde soon.
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
pnagami

Post by pnagami »

Hi LCaulkins,

May I please read Section 1?

My best,

Pam
"Quiet minds cannot be perplexed or frightened but go on in fortune or misfortune at their own private pace, like a clock during a thunderstorm."

Robert Louis Stevenson
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Sure, Pam - you're in!
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

OK, Ava - I have the MW set up. Just hoping for a DPL to spot us. :)
pnagami

Post by pnagami »

Thank you, Lynette!

Pam
"Quiet minds cannot be perplexed or frightened but go on in fortune or misfortune at their own private pace, like a clock during a thunderstorm."

Robert Louis Stevenson
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

I find this secret service stuff very intriguing - could I read chapter/section 16 please? :)
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Yay! Of course!
pnagami

Post by pnagami »

Hi Lynette,

Footnotes or no footnotes?

Pam

Robert Louis Stevenson
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

pnagami wrote: September 20th, 2021, 6:29 pm Hi Lynette,

Footnotes or no footnotes?

Pam
Thanks for the reminder - no footnotes
pnagami

Post by pnagami »

Thanks, Lynette.

Pam

Robert Louis Stevenson
pnagami

Post by pnagami »

Robert Louis Stevenson
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Thanks, Pam! Your file is loaded, and if we don't get a DPL in the next few days I'll make sure it gets PL'd. :)
pnagami

Post by pnagami »

Thank you, Lynette.

Great book!

Pam

Robert Louis Stevenson