COMPLETE [PLAY] The Follies of a Day; OR, The Marriage of Figaro (in English)-mas

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Sure can!

Updated roles already requested:

Stage Directions
Susan
Doctor Bartholo
Basil (Pronunciation rhymes with DAZZle.)
Courier
Crier of the court
Countess
Marcelina
Agnes

(Page is open - has a minstrel type song, and best for a youngish voice)

Incidentally: I just launched a related GROUP biography project: Figaro: The Life of Beaumarchais, if any of you are interested in doing a section for that book about our playwright. Fascinating life during fascinating times!
Last edited by LCaulkins on September 20th, 2021, 5:25 pm, edited 3 times in total.
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
JoannaHoyt

Post by JoannaHoyt »

Thank you for your thoughtful note. I'm withdrawing my request for the Page and instead asking to read Marcelina.
Back from a low-internet no-Librivox year in Georgia. Glad to be with you again.
Aligator

Post by Aligator »

If no one has already claimed it, I'd like to read the part of Agnes.
Never regret anything that made you smile. - Mark Twain
A person's a person, no matter how small. - Dr. Seuss
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

I added Agnes to the "Roles Requested" list for you, Aligator :)
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
TheSheepGal

Post by TheSheepGal »

If the Page can be played by a female, I would love to do him!
JoannaHoyt

Post by JoannaHoyt »

I noticed this in the intro to the Gutenberg text: "As noted under the list of Dramatis Personæ ‘The Passages put between inverted Commas are omitted in the Representation’—meaning that this marked dialog was omitted by the actors in the Theatre-Royal production of the play. These passages are marked with a small font and bold weighting in this etext." --Are we reading all the text or are we omitting the parts that were omitted by the Theatre-Royal?
Back from a low-internet no-Librivox year in Georgia. Glad to be with you again.
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

TheSheepGal wrote: September 20th, 2021, 11:07 pm If the Page can be played by a female, I would love to do him!
Sure, go ahead! If you can let your voice sit in its lower range (natural, not pitched even lower), that would be great.

Are you OK with doing a song where you would make up a tune in a an old courtly style?
~Lynette * -
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

JoannaHoyt wrote: September 21st, 2021, 5:12 am I noticed this in the intro to the Gutenberg text: "As noted under the list of Dramatis Personæ ‘The Passages put between inverted Commas are omitted in the Representation’—meaning that this marked dialog was omitted by the actors in the Theatre-Royal production of the play. These passages are marked with a small font and bold weighting in this etext." --Are we reading all the text or are we omitting the parts that were omitted by the Theatre-Royal?
Oh! Good point! I've noted on the main post that we will read the play in its entirety, including the small font spots. :)
~Lynette * -
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Updated roles already requested:

Stage Directions, Silverquill
Susan, jennlea
Doctor Bartholo, SCaulkins
Basil (Pronunciation rhymes with DAZZle.), alanmapstone
Courier, JHedrick
Crier of the court, LCaulkins
Countess, WendyKatzHiller
Marcelina, JoannaHoyt
Agnes, Aligator
Page, TheSheepGal

OPEN:
major role: Figaro (M)
major role: Count Almaviva (M)
Antonio - Act 2, 3, 4, 5
Don Guzman - Act 3, 4, 5
Bounce - Act 2, 4
Doublefee - Act 3
Servant- Act 3

Incidentally: I just launched a related GROUP biography project: Figaro: The Life of Beaumarchais, if any of you are interested in doing a section for that book about our playwright, or DPL'ing. Fascinating life during fascinating times!
Last edited by LCaulkins on September 21st, 2021, 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~Lynette * -
TheSheepGal

Post by TheSheepGal »

LCaulkins wrote: September 21st, 2021, 6:01 am

Are you OK with doing a song where you would make up a tune in a an old courtly style?
:thumbs: I'll give it a go!
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

I'd be happy to MC this for you. I'll get your MW set up sometime this evening.
MaryAnn
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

OK, MaryAnn, we are ready for Readers Wanted.

Thanks for MC'ing for us!
~Lynette * -
JHedrick

Post by JHedrick »

MaryAnnSpiegel wrote: September 21st, 2021, 4:23 pm I'd be happy to MC this for you. I'll get your MW set up sometime this evening.
MaryAnn
Hi MaryAnn,

I noticed that the MC for uploading is still XXXX. I will upload with you as MC.
Jim in Ohio

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
JHedrick

Post by JHedrick »

Jim in Ohio

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Thanks, Jim! Got them all tucked in, will get proofed tomorrow.
~Lynette * -