[COMPLETE] Прозрачность (Transparence), by Иванов - availle

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
chulsky

Post by chulsky »

Прозрачность (Transparence), by Вячеслав Иванов (1866 - 1949)

This project is now complete. All poems can be downloaded from the catalog page:
https://librivox.org/transparency-by-vyacheslav-ivanov/

One of the early poetry collections of a key figure of Russian symbolism.

...трудно найти во всей современной русской литературе книгу менее понятную... (из предисловия к одному из изданий). Экспериментальная, изобилующая аллитерациями и аллюзиями, эта книга стихов составила идеальный баланс трудностей и удовольствия для чтеца.
(Summary by Mark Chulsky)
Source text (please read only from this text!): https://imwerden.de/publ-867.html

Target completion date: 2022-01-18

Prooflistening level: Standard
Prospective PLs, please see the Guide for Proof-listeners.

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the number of languishing projects on our server, we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't recorded anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process unless you are the BC or PL. Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
========================================
Genres for the project: Poetry/Single author
Keywords that describe the book: symbolism
========================================

LibriVox recording settings: mono (1 channel), 44100 Hz sample rate, 128 kbps constant bit rate MP3. See the Tech Specs

Intro to recording:
Leave 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning.

For the first section, say:
"Секция 1я книги стихов Вячеслава Иванова "Прозрачность". Эта запись сделана для проекта ЛибриВокс. Все записи ЛибриВокс находятся в общественном достоянии. Для справок и помощи проекту пожалуйста посетите сетевую страницу librivox DOT org"
For the second and subsequent sections, you may use the shortened intro if you wish:
"Секция # книги стихов Вячеслава Иванова "Прозрачность". Эта запись проекта ЛибриВокс находится в общественном достоянии."
"Section Title."
End of recording:
Say:
"Конец # секции." [Optional, and if not stated in the intro: "Read by your name, city, date."]
If you are recording the final section of the book, add:
"Конец книги стихов Вячеслава Иванова Прозрачность"
Leave 5 seconds of silence at the end.

Filename: transparence_#_ivanov_128kb.mp3 where # is the section number. (e.g. transparence_1_ivanov_128kb.mp3)

Upload to the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader

MC to select: Availle

Copy and paste the file link generated by the uploader into the relevant Listen URL field in the Section Compiler, enter the duration in the Notes field, and post in this thread to let your PL and MC know that you have uploaded a file. You may also post the file link in the thread.
Last edited by chulsky on December 11th, 2021, 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mark Chulsky / Марк Чульский
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

I'll MC this for you Mark, MW up in a moment! :)

Edit: we're ready to go - except for the missing DPL.
Have fun! :D
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

I love poetry, so to practice a bit more listening to Russian, I can DPL this :)

Sonia
chulsky

Post by chulsky »

Thank you, Ava and Sonia, I'll start recording any day. :9:
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

chulsky wrote: September 25th, 2021, 8:01 am Sec.1-6 (part I) uploaded:
:shock: all in one go ?! Ok, I will probably only PL on Monday, I hope you're not in a hurry.

Meanwhile I changed the status to Ready for PL for you ;) so I won't forget.

Sonia
chulsky

Post by chulsky »

Thank you, Sonia. I am absolutely in no hurry.
I apologize I got interrupted and did not finish the MW update. Done now.
:shock: all in one go ?!
Yes, I recorded the entire chapter, and then cut it into 6-7 minute pieces. When I am in the mood for recording, few things could stop me, but I realize listeners might have other preferences :D
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

hey Mark,

so I had a go at the first section and I immediately liked the poetry and style of the author and you narrate them perfectly :9: It's enjoyable so far. Looking forward to the rest.

I have one small PL note for the first section:

> at 0:22: you say "Раздел 1, Поэты духа, секция 1" – shouldn't it rather be: Раздел 1, Часть 1, Поэты духа", like in the MW ? Or at least put the title of the poem after "section" or "part", whichever you choose to use.

The rest was perfect

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Both sections PL ok right away. I very much liked Persephona. I love Greek mythology :9: If ever you find a book of legends/mythology in Russian (Greek/Roman/Slavic/Nordic...) it would be a cool project I would love to listen to. 8-)

Thanks

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

and the next two sections are also PL ok. You're making my job very easy here. All I have to do is enjoy the narration. :9:

Thanks, now on to the last section...

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

and the last one for the moment. I really liked the idea of the poem about all the different jewels. 8-) I was hoping to hear many many more and learn their names :lol:

One small textual error this time:

> at 1:42: (p. 38) "кресть ли ты" – I cannot hear "ли", maybe you cut it out by mistake ? May be optional though, as it doesn't change the meaning too much

thanks

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ah you have been prolific again I see :thumbs: wonderful poems, I loved them all.

Sections 1, 7, 8 and 10 are already PL ok.

One small error for Section 9:

> at 3:26: (p. 65) "мы были дети" – you say "мы были как дети", which is a bit of a change in meaning in the context of the poem. Other lines are the same, without "как"

Thanks

Sonia
chulsky

Post by chulsky »

Sec.6 and 9 are ready for spot PL,
Sec.11 is ready too: https://librivox.org/uploads/availle/transparence_11_ivanov_128kb.mp3 [6:58]

Sonia, why do you erase page numbers when mark sections OK? I think they still might be useful, no?
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

chulsky wrote: October 10th, 2021, 6:01 pmSec.6 and 9 are ready for spot PL,
Sec.11 is ready too: https://librivox.org/uploads/availle/transparence_11_ivanov_128kb.mp3 [6:58]
Sonia, why do you erase page numbers when mark sections OK? I think they still might be useful, no?
oh sorry, I didn't know you still needed the page numbers after you got the PL ok. They are only needed for quick reference if we need to find those pages. They will not be transferred into the catalogue page anyway, they are only for us here on the forum.

I can keep them in until with catalogue, if you wish.

All three sections now PL ok. Beautifully narrated, thank you

Sonia