~ Ingersoll on ROBERT BURNS - lt

Upcoming books fully-subscribed with readers. Check progress here, too
Post Reply
msfry
Posts: 7959
Joined: June 4th, 2013, 9:09 am
Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Contact:

Post by msfry » May 5th, 2021, 11:43 am

Ingersoll on ROBERT BURNS, from the Works of Robert G. Ingersoll, Volume 3, Lecture 2 (1833 - 1899)
This is a duet by Michele Fry, reading Ingersoll's essay, and Kay Williams, reading Burns' poetry. The project will be released on or near July 21st, the date of Burns' death. (Summary by Michele Fry)
Source text (please read only from this text!): https://www.gutenberg.org/files/38803/38803-h/38803-h.htm#link0002

Proof-listening level: Special: Please follow along with the text and notate any significant discrepancies. I welcome beginners, but beware Ingersoll's irreverence may be too much for some people. As the chapter begins with a Capital W that drops down onto the second line (I can see that because I own the original book), the OCR has skipped that line. Proof listener will have to rely on my corrections of questionable or scrambled text.
Prospective DPLs, please see the Guide for Proof-listeners.

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process unless you are the BC or PL. Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:



BC Admin
[*]Link to author on Wikipedia (if available): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Burns (Robert Burns)
[*]Link to author on Wikipedia (if available): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_G._Ingersoll ( Robert G. Ingersoll)
[*]Link to title on Wikipedia (if available):
[*]Number of sections (files) this project will have: 7
[*]Does the project have an introduction or preface: No
[*]Original publication date (if known): 1900
[*]If you are a new volunteer, how would you like your name (or pseudonym) credited in the catalog?
[*]Do you have a URL you would like associated with your name?:
[/list]
========================================

Genres for the project: *Non-fiction/Essays

Keywords that describe the book: please leave the keywords visible so i can fill in later.

========================================

LibriVox recording settings: mono (1 channel), 44100 Hz sample rate, 128 kbps constant bit rate MP3. See the Tech Specs

Intro to recording:
Leave 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning.

Say:
[*]"Section # of Ingersoll on Robert Burns, from The Works of Robert G. Ingersoll Volume 3, LECTURES. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
"This recording is a duet by Michele Fry (reading Ingersoll's lecture), interspersed with Robert Burns' poetry, read by Kay Williiams.
[*]Say:
Section # & Title of Section, as shown in the MW]"
At the end: "End of Section #"

Subsequent sections, omit italicized segment before the disclaimer:

[*]At the end of the book, say (in addition):
"End of Ingersoll on Robert Burns, from The Works of Robert G. Ingersoll, Volume 3 of the Dresden Edition published 1900
add 5 seconds silence at the end of the recording.[/b]
[/quote]

Filename: ingersollv3burns_##_ringersoll_128kb.mp3 where ## is the section number.

Upload to the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader
Image
(If you have trouble reading the image above, please contact an admin)

MC folder to select: lynnet

Copy and paste the file link generated by the uploader into a new post in this thread along with the file duration (mm:ss). Watch this thread for prooflistening notes.

MC: Lynne Thompson (lynnet
BC: Michele Fry
DPL: ?
Cover: Michele Fry
Last edited by msfry on May 28th, 2021, 9:24 am, edited 5 times in total.
Michele Fry, CC
"There is no frigate like a book to take us lands away, Nor any coursers like a page of prancing poetry." ~ Emily Dickinson

Love Stories #4
Coffee Break #32 - WILDERNESS
Coffee Break #33 - GARDENING

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 24048
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » May 6th, 2021, 8:49 am

Setting this up for you.

Let me know if you need anything else.

msfry
Posts: 7959
Joined: June 4th, 2013, 9:09 am
Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Contact:

Post by msfry » May 6th, 2021, 10:35 am

Fabulous! Thank you.
Michele Fry, CC
"There is no frigate like a book to take us lands away, Nor any coursers like a page of prancing poetry." ~ Emily Dickinson

Love Stories #4
Coffee Break #32 - WILDERNESS
Coffee Break #33 - GARDENING

msfry
Posts: 7959
Joined: June 4th, 2013, 9:09 am
Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Contact:

Post by msfry » May 6th, 2021, 11:34 am

MW is filled in. Kay has been PM'd that the project is underway, and to upload his files to lynnet, and post here. You could move this project to Readers Found if you want.
Michele Fry, CC
"There is no frigate like a book to take us lands away, Nor any coursers like a page of prancing poetry." ~ Emily Dickinson

Love Stories #4
Coffee Break #32 - WILDERNESS
Coffee Break #33 - GARDENING

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 24048
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » May 6th, 2021, 11:54 am

I’ll leave it here fora day or so to see if we get a DPL.

Kaywilliamsvo
Posts: 13
Joined: January 5th, 2021, 9:04 am
Location: Scotland

Post by Kaywilliamsvo » May 6th, 2021, 12:01 pm

Hi Michele and hi there Lynnet,
I am ready for recording and uploading, looking forward to joining you all on this reading journey. I will upload my parts as soon as I have them recorded and edited.

Regards,

Kay

msfry
Posts: 7959
Joined: June 4th, 2013, 9:09 am
Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Contact:

Post by msfry » May 6th, 2021, 12:06 pm

Lynnet wrote:
May 6th, 2021, 11:54 am
I’ll leave it here fora day or so to see if we get a DPL.
I will DPL him and he could DPL me, but I suppose we would still need someone else to DPL the ensemble once it's all put together.
Michele Fry, CC
"There is no frigate like a book to take us lands away, Nor any coursers like a page of prancing poetry." ~ Emily Dickinson

Love Stories #4
Coffee Break #32 - WILDERNESS
Coffee Break #33 - GARDENING

msfry
Posts: 7959
Joined: June 4th, 2013, 9:09 am
Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Contact:

Post by msfry » May 6th, 2021, 12:12 pm

Kaywilliamsvo wrote:
May 6th, 2021, 12:01 pm
Hi Michele and hi there Lynnet,
I am ready for recording and uploading, looking forward to joining you all on this reading journey. I will upload my parts as soon as I have them recorded and edited.

Regards,

Kay
Hi, Kay. Glad to have you aboard. In case you haven't already done so, go to your Control Panel (located at the upper right corner of any forum page, the drop down arrow to the right of your name), and make sure your settings are such that you either get email notifications of every forum post on projects you are involved with, or that you check your Notifications regularly (also in upper right corner) to be sure you are receiving important notices. If you don't hear from anyone in awhile, it could be that the settings have toggled off. It rarely happens, but sometimes it does.

I've started laying down track today. I'm slow as molasses at editing, though, so no need to rush.
Michele Fry, CC
"There is no frigate like a book to take us lands away, Nor any coursers like a page of prancing poetry." ~ Emily Dickinson

Love Stories #4
Coffee Break #32 - WILDERNESS
Coffee Break #33 - GARDENING

Kaywilliamsvo
Posts: 13
Joined: January 5th, 2021, 9:04 am
Location: Scotland

Post by Kaywilliamsvo » May 27th, 2021, 1:00 pm

Hi Michele and Lynnet,

I'm just wondering where you would like me to upload my parts? I know that Michele needs to incorporate my parts into here before uploading the finished article.
I'm just finishing off a few bits of editing. then the recordings should be ready for you Michele.

thanks in advance,

Kay

msfry
Posts: 7959
Joined: June 4th, 2013, 9:09 am
Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Contact:

Post by msfry » May 27th, 2021, 1:05 pm

Kaywilliamsvo wrote:
May 27th, 2021, 1:00 pm
Hi Michele and Lynnet,

I'm just wondering where you would like me to upload my parts? I know that Michele needs to incorporate my parts into here before uploading the finished article.
I'm just finishing off a few bits of editing. then the recordings should be ready for you Michele.

thanks in advance,

Kay
Just name your file kayspart_robertburnsduet, save as an mp3, upload to lynnet's folder, and post the address here. I'll take it from there.
Michele Fry, CC
"There is no frigate like a book to take us lands away, Nor any coursers like a page of prancing poetry." ~ Emily Dickinson

Love Stories #4
Coffee Break #32 - WILDERNESS
Coffee Break #33 - GARDENING

Kaywilliamsvo
Posts: 13
Joined: January 5th, 2021, 9:04 am
Location: Scotland

Post by Kaywilliamsvo » May 30th, 2021, 2:38 pm

Hi,

here is 22 poems read for you. on poems 7 and 7.1 you have a choice, and on poem 9 and 9.1 you have another choice. i thought instead of giving you one file with all the poems i thought giving you individual files would be better for editing.

I hope this is what your looking for and useful.

redards,

Kay

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/kayspart_robertburnsduetpoem_01.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/kayspart_robertburnsduetpoem_02.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/kayspart_robertburnsduetpoem_03.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/kayspart_robertburnsduetpoem_04.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/kayspart_robertburnsduetpoem_05.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/kayspart_robertburnsduetpoem_06.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/kayspart_robertburnsduetpoem_07.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/kayspart_robertburnsduetpoem_07_1.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/kayspart_robertburnsduetpoem_08.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/kayspart_robertburnsduetpoem_09.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/kayspart_robertburnsduetpoem_09_1.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/kayspart_robertburnsduetpoem_10.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/kayspart_robertburnsduetpoem_11.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/kayspart_robertburnsduetpoem_12.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/kayspart_robertburnsduetpoem_13.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/kayspart_robertburnsduetpoem_14.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/kayspart_robertburnsduetpoem_15.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/kayspart_robertburnsduetpoem_16.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/kayspart_robertburnsduetpoem_17.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/kayspart_robertburnsduetpoem_18.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/kayspart_robertburnsduetpoem_19.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/kayspart_robertburnsduetpoem_20.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/kayspart_robertburnsduetpoem_21.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/kayspart_robertburnsduetpoem_22.mp3

msfry
Posts: 7959
Joined: June 4th, 2013, 9:09 am
Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Contact:

Post by msfry » May 30th, 2021, 5:42 pm

Kaywilliamsvo wrote:
May 30th, 2021, 2:38 pm
Hi,

here is 22 poems read for you. on poems 7 and 7.1 you have a choice, and on poem 9 and 9.1 you have another choice. i thought instead of giving you one file with all the poems i thought giving you individual files would be better for editing.

I hope this is what your looking for and useful.

redards,

Kay

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/kayspart_robertburnsduetpoem_01.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/kayspart_robertburnsduetpoem_02.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/kayspart_robertburnsduetpoem_03.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/kayspart_robertburnsduetpoem_04.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/kayspart_robertburnsduetpoem_05.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/kayspart_robertburnsduetpoem_06.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/kayspart_robertburnsduetpoem_07.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/kayspart_robertburnsduetpoem_07_1.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/kayspart_robertburnsduetpoem_08.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/kayspart_robertburnsduetpoem_09.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/kayspart_robertburnsduetpoem_09_1.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/kayspart_robertburnsduetpoem_10.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/kayspart_robertburnsduetpoem_11.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/kayspart_robertburnsduetpoem_12.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/kayspart_robertburnsduetpoem_13.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/kayspart_robertburnsduetpoem_14.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/kayspart_robertburnsduetpoem_15.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/kayspart_robertburnsduetpoem_16.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/kayspart_robertburnsduetpoem_17.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/kayspart_robertburnsduetpoem_18.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/kayspart_robertburnsduetpoem_19.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/kayspart_robertburnsduetpoem_20.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/kayspart_robertburnsduetpoem_21.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/kayspart_robertburnsduetpoem_22.mp3
WHEE! I can hardly wait to get started listening. I should have more time after the Memorial Day holiday. Thank you! :D :D :D
Michele Fry, CC
"There is no frigate like a book to take us lands away, Nor any coursers like a page of prancing poetry." ~ Emily Dickinson

Love Stories #4
Coffee Break #32 - WILDERNESS
Coffee Break #33 - GARDENING

msfry
Posts: 7959
Joined: June 4th, 2013, 9:09 am
Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Contact:

Post by msfry » May 31st, 2021, 11:31 am

Sections 1 and 2 are uploaded:

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/ingersollv3burns_01_ringersoll_128kb.mp3 9:11
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/ingersollv3burns_02_ringersoll_128kb.mp3 11:10

Kay if you'd like to PL these, that would be fine by me as we don't yet have a DPL, and there is no splicing of our parts going on. If you aren't familiar with proof-listening, let me know and I can give you some pointers.

That Ingersoll, he was quite the flowery poet himself! In all his lectures he lays it on thick, seeming always to strive to break the barriers of expressiveness. :D
Michele Fry, CC
"There is no frigate like a book to take us lands away, Nor any coursers like a page of prancing poetry." ~ Emily Dickinson

Love Stories #4
Coffee Break #32 - WILDERNESS
Coffee Break #33 - GARDENING

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 24048
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » May 31st, 2021, 6:29 pm

msfry wrote:
May 31st, 2021, 11:31 am
Sections 1 and 2 are uploaded:

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/ingersollv3burns_01_ringersoll_128kb.mp3 9:11
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/ingersollv3burns_02_ringersoll_128kb.mp3 11:10

Kay if you'd like to PL these, that would be fine by me as we don't yet have a DPL, and there is no splicing of our parts going on. If you aren't familiar with proof-listening, let me know and I can give you some pointers.

That Ingersoll, he was quite the flowery poet himself! In all his lectures he lays it on thick, seeming always to strive to break the barriers of expressiveness. :D
They are not in the MW.

msfry
Posts: 7959
Joined: June 4th, 2013, 9:09 am
Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Contact:

Post by msfry » May 31st, 2021, 8:54 pm

Back from the Memorial Day festivities. Now they are!
Michele Fry, CC
"There is no frigate like a book to take us lands away, Nor any coursers like a page of prancing poetry." ~ Emily Dickinson

Love Stories #4
Coffee Break #32 - WILDERNESS
Coffee Break #33 - GARDENING

Post Reply