This is a collection of 26 selections, both fiction and nonfiction, in which each topic begins with a different letter of the alphabet.
Before recording, please post in this thread to claim a letter. Then select and record any short work, fiction or nonfiction, in the public domain, as long as the main topic of the work begins with the letter that you've claimed. For clarification of what it means for a work to be "in the public domain," see this section of the LibriVox Wiki: http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Copyright_and_Public_Domain. Try to stay with works that run less than 60 minutes. You may claim up to 2 letters. Multiple versions are welcome, so don't worry whether someone else has recorded your selection already; we're happy to hear your version too.
Basic Recording Guide: http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Newbie_Guide_to_Recording
- Be sure to set your recording software to: 44100Hz, 16 or 32-bit.
- At the BEGINNING say: "[Title of Work], by [Author Name]" "This is a Librivox recording. All Librivox recordings are in the public domain. For more information or to volunteer, please visit Librivox.org"
- At the END, say: "End of [Title], by [Author Name]"
- If you wish, you may also say: "Read by...your name."
- Please leave no more than 1 second of silence at the beginning of your recording. Add about 5 seconds of silence at the end of your recording.
- Need noise-cleaning? See this LibriVox wiki page for a complete guide.
- Save or export your recording to an mp3 file at 128kbs. The uploader will add the mp.3 to the end of your file name when it uploads. Please use the format shown. Your file name should have this format before you upload it:
atozed002_##_various_128kb where ## corresponds to your section number. (A will be 01, B will be 02, etc.)
After it is uploaded, it should have this format:
- Upload your finished recording using the LibriVox uploader: http://librivox.org/login/uploader. When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - copy and post it to the current nonfiction thread. If you don't post that you've uploaded your recording, no one will know that you did it!
- If you have trouble reading the image above, please send a private message to any admin.
- To upload, you'll need to select the MC, which for this Collection is: mightyfelix
- If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page
- Title of the work.
- Author of the work.
- The link to your file you copied from the uploader.
- A URL link to the source from which you read (etext URL). NOTE: If posting from Gutenberg, please provide the link to the download page, e.g. http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/# (where # is the Gutenberg project number for the book).
- Length in minutes.
- If this is your first Librivox recording, we will also need your name as you would like it to appear in the LibriVox catalog, and, if you have a web page and want it linked to your name in the catalog, the URL of the web page.
- The level of proof listening for the nonfiction collection is "standard." We will only proof for repeated words or passages that the reader likely intended to edit out, misreads that change the meaning of the text, and such. For a discussion of the levels of proof listening, please see this Wiki page: http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Guide_for_Proof-listeners#Levels_of_Proof-listening
- We ask that you complete any editing requested by the Dedicated Proof Listener within two weeks of the request, or, if you need more time, that you post in this thread to request an extension. There’s no shame in this; we’re all volunteers and things happen. Extensions are, however, at the discretion of the Book Coordinator.