[COMPLETE] Yuletide Stories, by Nikolai Leskov - availle

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
chulsky

Post by chulsky »

Святочные рассказы, Николай Лесков. (1831 - 1895).

This project is now complete! All files can be downloaded from the LibriVox catalog page:
https://librivox.org/yuletide-stories-by-nikolai-leskov/

Николай Семёнович Лесков, русский писатель и публицист, из-за своих оригинальных и принципиальных взглядов был не принят по достоинству в литературных кругах ни при жизни, ни при Советской власти. «Лескова русские люди признают самым русским из русских писателей и который всех глубже и шире знал русский народ таким, каков он есть», — писал Д. П. Святополк-Мирский. Свидетельство тому его "Святочные рассказы".
Nikolai Leskov (1831 – 1895) was a Russian novelist and short-story writer whose reputation suffered because of his non-conformist views. He created a fascinating picture of wide layers of contemporary Russian society mostly using short literary forms, as reflected in his Yuletide Stories.
( Mark Chulsky and Wikipedia)
  • Text source (only read from this text!): https://imwerden.de/publ-1341.html
  • Type of proof-listening required (Note: please read the PL FAQ): standard

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the amount of languishing projects (and hence the amount of files on our hard-pressed server), we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't managed to record anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).
    Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
    ============================================
    Genres for the project: Humorous Fiction
    Keywords that describe the book:
    ============================================
  • The reader will record the following at the beginning and end of each file:
    No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
    START of recording (Intro):
    • "Николай Семёнович Лесков. Святочные рассказы. Эта запись сделана для проекта ЛибриВокс. Все записи ЛибриВокс являются общественным достоянием. Для справок и помощи проекту пожалуйста посетите сетевую страницу librivox DOT org."
    • If you wish, say:
      "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
    • Say: " Секция # [story name] [part number]"

For the second and all subsequent sections, you may optionally use the shortened form of this intro disclaimer:
    • "Николай Лесков. Святочные рассказы. Эта запись проекта ЛибриВокс находится в общественном достоянии. Секция # [story name] [part number]"

END of recording:
    • At the end of the section, say:
      "Конец Секции #[part number] [story name]."
    • If you wish, say:
      "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
    • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
      "Конец Святочныx рассказов Николая Лескова. Читал Марк Чульский, [place, year]"

There should be ~5 seconds silence at the end of the recording.
  • Example filename yuletidestories_##_leskov_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number (e.g. yuletidestories_01_leskov_128kb.mp3)

Transfer of files (completed recordings)
    Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
    • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader Image
      (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
    • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: Availle
    • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
    • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.

Any questions?
    Please post below
Last edited by chulsky on December 13th, 2018, 6:16 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Mark Chulsky / Марк Чульский
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Mark, we'll need at least a rough estimate of the number of sections this will have to set the project up. :D
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
chulsky

Post by chulsky »

Availle wrote: October 17th, 2018, 6:18 pm Mark, we'll need at least a rough estimate of the number of sections this will have to set the project up. :D
Indeed! I'll need at least 10, will add more if necessary.
Sorry I missed that, and thank you, Ava, for the catch!
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Since people seem to be intimidated by the Russian, I'll MC this for you. Give me a bit of time to set up the MW; if you like, you can start uploading to my folder already though.
Cheers, Ava.

--
AvailleAudio.com
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Here we go!
Let's hope we can find a DPL quickly too!

Have fun. :D
Cheers, Ava.

--
AvailleAudio.com
gingema

Post by gingema »

Hey! I will do the PL once you are ready! I always wanted to read some Leskov's writings, this is a great opportunity :)
chulsky

Post by chulsky »

chulsky

Post by chulsky »

I'm afraid I neglected to thank Ava for her brave tackling of a foreign language :oops: I really appreciate your help!
More uploaded:
https://librivox.org/uploads/availle/yuletidestories_13_leskov_128kb.mp3 [22:37]
https://librivox.org/uploads/availle/yuletidestories_14_leskov_128kb.mp3 [15:01]
https://librivox.org/uploads/availle/yuletidestories_15_leskov_128kb.mp3 [22:35]
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

What foreign language? Your English is just fine! :D
Cheers, Ava.

--
AvailleAudio.com
gingema

Post by gingema »

Первые две части ("Дух госпожи Жан-Лис")

Часть 1, 1:43 В слове "новоприбывший" ударение должно падать на букву "Ы".

Часть 2, в самом начале: ты несколько раз употребляешь слово "каллот". Что это за слово? У меня возникло подозрение, что это culotte - портки, штанишки. Тогда надо произносить "кюлот" (см. "санкюлоты", а также русское слово "колготки").
gingema

Post by gingema »

Последние три части ("Жемчужное ожерелье" и "Биткойн") - все хорошо. Eдинственное замечание - в конце той части, что 15 минут, ты говоришь "Конец рассказа 'Ожерелье'", а рассказ называется "Жемчужное ожерелье".

More to follow.
chulsky

Post by chulsky »

Thank you, Gingema! I'll sure take a look!
If you make suggestions, please don't mark the sections "PL OK", mark them "See PL notes", that makes tracking them easier :-)
chulsky

Post by chulsky »

gingema wrote: November 30th, 2018, 6:53 pm Первые две части ("Дух госпожи Жан-Лис")

Часть 1, 1:43 В слове "новоприбывший" ударение должно падать на букву "Ы".

Часть 2, в самом начале: ты несколько раз употребляешь слово "каллот". Что это за слово? У меня возникло подозрение, что это culotte - портки, штанишки. Тогда надо произносить "кюлот" (см. "санкюлоты", а также русское слово "колготки").
Part 1 fixed, thank you! (https://librivox.org/uploads/availle/yuletidestories_01_leskov_128kb.mp3), please spot-PL at 1:37.
Part 2, in fact, the word is not "culotte", but "calotte" (cap), and Leskov must be playing on the similarity, however my unpardonable French does not allow me to convey the word play adequately :-(. Leaving as is, unless you have better ideas.