LibriVox
Forums

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently December 11th, 2017, 2:36 am


Post new topic Reply to topic  Page 1 of 6  [ 87 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Author Message
Offline
Post Posted:: August 12th, 2017, 5:17 pm 
LibriVox Admin Team

Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Posts: 12006
Location: In the desert
Short Story Collection Vol 069 by Various ( - ).


All audio files can be found on our catalog page: http://librivox.org/short-story-collection-vol-069-by-various/
Quote:
O. Henry, P.G. Wodehouse, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Dorothy Parker and Jack London were among the authors selected by Librivox readers for this, the 69th volume of short stories. Sit back and enjoy!






    There is no need to state your intention to record a story.
    Just choose a Public Domain short story (under 60 minutes) in English and when you have recorded it, post it here. [/b]
    This collection will remain open until we have 20 submissions.
  • New to recording? Please read our Newbie Guide to Recording!

  • Where do I find the text? You can select any public domain short story. A good place to start is http://www.gutenberg.org/wiki/Category:Bookshelf


  • If this is your first recording, please let me know under which name or pseudonym you'd like to appear in the LibriVox catalogue. We can also link to a personal website/blog.


    Prospective Prooflisteners: Please read the Listeners Wanted FAQ before listening! Level of prooflistening requested: standard


    Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!



    Magic Window:



    BC Admin


  • Link to author on Wikipedia (if available): ( Various) : n/a
  • Link to title on Wikipedia (if available):
  • Number of sections (files) this project will have: 20
  • Does the project have an introduction or preface [y/n]: No
  • Original publication date (if known):
  • If you are a new volunteer, how would you like your name (or pseudonym) credited in the catalog? Do you have a URL you would like associated with your name?:
============================================

Genres for the project: Short Stories

Keywords that describe the book:

============================================

[*]BEFORE recording: Please check the Recording Notes: http://librivox.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6427#6430

Set your recording software to:
Channels: 1 (Mono)
Bit Rate: 128 kbps
Sample Rate: 44.1 kHz


[*]DURING recording:
No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
Make sure you add this to the beginning of your recording:
START of recording (Intro)
  • "Title of Work], by [Author Name]. - This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
    If you wish, say: "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"

    END of recording

    "At the end of the section, say:
    "End of [Title], by [Author Name]"
    If you wish, say:
    "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
    Please leave about 5 seconds of silence at the end of your recording.


    Please remember to check this thread frequently for updates!
  • AFTER recording
    Need noise-cleaning?
    Listen to your file through headphones. If you can hear some constant background noise (hiss/buzz), you may want to clean it up a bit. The new (free) version 1.3.3. of Audacity has much improved noise-cleaning. See this LibriVox wiki page for a complete guide.
    Save files as
    128 kbps MP3

    shortstorycollectionvol069_[shorttitleinoneword]_[readersinitials]_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) (e.g. shortstorycollectionvol069_scarletletter_ge_128kb.mp3)

    Transfer of files (completed recordings) [b]Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.

    • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader
      Image
      (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
    • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: lt - Lynnet
    • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post in this thread:
      When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread, together with the following information:

      Name of your story
      Author (birth year - death year)
      Translator if applicable (birth year - death year)
      Source from which you read (e.g. Gutenberg etext url)
      Length in mm:ss

    • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.


    Any questions?
    Please post below

_________________
Help us finish:

Pantropheon 15 sections remaining

Flower Patch Among The Hills 3 sections remaining


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: August 15th, 2017, 2:46 pm 

Joined: October 8th, 2011, 3:39 pm
Posts: 653
Lynne, vol 69 is not appearing in my dashboard PL view??
Cheryl


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: August 15th, 2017, 3:18 pm 
LibriVox Admin Team

Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Posts: 12006
Location: In the desert
cherylstewart wrote:
Lynne, vol 69 is not appearing in my dashboard PL view??
Cheryl

Is it now? I think you have to have actually posted to see it.

_________________
Help us finish:

Pantropheon 15 sections remaining

Flower Patch Among The Hills 3 sections remaining


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: August 16th, 2017, 2:11 pm 

Joined: October 8th, 2011, 3:39 pm
Posts: 653
No, but - Oh, ok, I can get into the MW, it is that is nothing in it. Thanks


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: August 17th, 2017, 9:00 pm 

Joined: March 20th, 2017, 2:44 pm
Posts: 163
Hi:

Here is one for this collection

THE LOST SHIP
By W. W. Jacobs
Read by Dale Grothmann
Time 13:23

Text at
http://www.gutenberg.org/files/25769/25769-h/25769-h.htm

LV File:
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/shortstorycollectionvol069_lostship_jacobs_dg_128kb.mp3

Thanks
Dale


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: August 17th, 2017, 10:00 pm 
LibriVox Admin Team

Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Posts: 12006
Location: In the desert
Grothmann wrote:
Hi:

Here is one for this collection

THE LOST SHIP
By W. W. Jacobs
Read by Dale Grothmann
Time 13:23

Text at
http://www.gutenberg.org/files/25769/25769-h/25769-h.htm

LV File:
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/shortstorycollectionvol069_lostship_jacobs_dg_128kb.mp3

Thanks
Dale

Thank you for starting us off, Dale... and hopefully Cheryl will be able to see it now there is actually something in the MW :D

_________________
Help us finish:

Pantropheon 15 sections remaining

Flower Patch Among The Hills 3 sections remaining


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: August 19th, 2017, 1:04 pm 

Joined: October 8th, 2011, 3:39 pm
Posts: 653
Section 1, "The Lost Ship" PL OK
First story of #69 is good :clap:
Cheryls


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: August 20th, 2017, 8:46 am 

Joined: November 10th, 2011, 6:09 am
Posts: 114
Location: Syracuse, NY USA
Here's one for the collection, hopefully it's ok.

Title: The Celestial Omnibus
Author: E.M. Forster, 1879–1970
Source: https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/34089
Length 40:51

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/shortstorycollectionvol069_celestialomnibus_dg.mp3

A question, on works over 30 minutes do we still need to allow 30 seconds silence at the end?

Thanks.


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: August 20th, 2017, 10:41 am 
LibriVox Admin Team

Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Posts: 12006
Location: In the desert
dg73 wrote:
Here's one for the collection, hopefully it's ok.

Title: The Celestial Omnibus
Author: E.M. Forster, 1879–1970
Source: https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/34089
Length 40:51

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/shortstorycollectionvol069_celestialomnibus_dg.mp3

A question, on works over 30 minutes do we still need to allow 30 seconds silence at the end?

Thanks.

No... it was only ever 10 seconds :D and we don't need that now, according to new Librivox policy. This is to reflect changes in audio technology -- some old systems would cut off the end of recordings, but it is our belief that newer systems do not do thi (and since we changed the policy, we have not received complaints, so we continue to believe that to be the case).

_________________
Help us finish:

Pantropheon 15 sections remaining

Flower Patch Among The Hills 3 sections remaining


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: August 20th, 2017, 4:27 pm 

Joined: October 8th, 2011, 3:39 pm
Posts: 653
Section 2, "The Celestial Omnibus" PL OK
Cheryls


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: August 20th, 2017, 4:47 pm 

Joined: November 10th, 2011, 6:09 am
Posts: 114
Location: Syracuse, NY USA
Sorry, my mistake. Thanks for letting me know.

Lynnet wrote:
dg73 wrote:
Here's one for the collection, hopefully it's ok.

Title: The Celestial Omnibus
Author: E.M. Forster, 1879–1970
Source: https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/34089
Length 40:51

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/shortstorycollectionvol069_celestialomnibus_dg.mp3

A question, on works over 30 minutes do we still need to allow 30 seconds silence at the end?

Thanks.

No... it was only ever 10 seconds :D and we don't need that now, according to new Librivox policy. This is to reflect changes in audio technology -- some old systems would cut off the end of recordings, but it is our belief that newer systems do not do thi (and since we changed the policy, we have not received complaints, so we continue to believe that to be the case).


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: August 21st, 2017, 7:57 am 

Joined: November 28th, 2015, 7:47 am
Posts: 1060
Location: Florida
https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/2776
An Adjustment of Nature, by O. Henry (d. 1910), from The Four Million
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/shortstorycollectionvol069_adjustmentofnature_mp_128kb.mp3
13.43
and Inside June, from Friendship Village Love Stories, by Zona Gale (d. 1938)
https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/54676
28.33
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/shortstorycollectionvol069_insidejune_mp_128kb.mp3

_________________
My previous LV work: Bellona Times


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: August 21st, 2017, 2:31 pm 
LibriVox Admin Team

Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Posts: 12006
Location: In the desert
VfkaBT wrote:
https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/2776
An Adjustment of Nature, by O. Henry (d. 1910), from The Four Million
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/shortstorycollectionvol069_adjustmentofnature_mp_128kb.mp3
13.43
and Inside June, from Friendship Village Love Stories, by Zona Gale (d. 1938)
https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/54676
28.33
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/shortstorycollectionvol069_insidejune_mp_128kb.mp3

Thank you!

_________________
Help us finish:

Pantropheon 15 sections remaining

Flower Patch Among The Hills 3 sections remaining


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: August 22nd, 2017, 3:31 am 

Joined: February 25th, 2010, 9:12 am
Posts: 404
Location: Devon, England
Hi - here's my story for the collection:

How My Camera Caught a Bank Robber, by Elton J. Buckley

MP3: https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/shortstorycollectionvol069_mycamera_gb_128kb.mp3

Text source: http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/24904

And the length is 13:13. I've searched the usual places, but couldn't find the birth and death dates for this author. Although the piece is taken from a publication for children, it seemed to me just as suitable as a short story, but if not, I'll re-submit it to the Childrens Collection :) . Thanks,

Garth


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: August 22nd, 2017, 7:45 am 
LibriVox Admin Team

Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Posts: 12006
Location: In the desert
Veggrower wrote:
Hi - here's my story for the collection:

How My Camera Caught a Bank Robber, by Elton J. Buckley

MP3: https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/shortstorycollectionvol069_mycamera_gb_128kb.mp3

Text source: http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/24904

And the length is 13:13. I've searched the usual places, but couldn't find the birth and death dates for this author. Although the piece is taken from a publication for children, it seemed to me just as suitable as a short story, but if not, I'll re-submit it to the Childrens Collection :) . Thanks,

Garth

Thank you, Garth. Your choice where you submit it.

_________________
Help us finish:

Pantropheon 15 sections remaining

Flower Patch Among The Hills 3 sections remaining


Top
 Profile  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 22 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group