ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

thank you, Vic, and congrats to your first PL ok section and your debut in LV drama. :) And it was a great role you picked here and I think you acted the lawyer really well in character. :thumbs: He's more of the no-nonsense type, so this was very fitting here. A bit of a voice of reason amidst all the mayhem and madness all around :lol:

I can mark Act 2 already PL ok. Careful with the volume though, it's over our accepted limits (86 to 92 dB). But since there are no other errors, I'll m ake a note for Todd to change the volume while he edits the part in.

one missed line for Act 3 however, a sort of list reminding one of Monty Python's Sir Robin :lol:

> at about 1:06: (p. 60) please insert: "Oh, Sir Thomas ! I am abused, beaten, hurt, maimed, disfigured, disfaced, dismembered, killed, massacred and murdered, by this rogue, robber, rascal, villain. I shan't be able to appear at Westminster Hall the whole term; it will be as good a three hundred pounds out of my pocket as was ever taken."

> also here: the volume is slightly over 92 dB. Decreasing it with -2 would get you closer to the good average of 89.

As an aside, I thought "indict", "indictment" would rhyme on "light" (so no voicing of the letter 'c'), but this may well be a regional variant, so this can well pass, as I think it would be understood anyway what the lawyer means.

Great job ! Simply reupload with the exact same filename and the old file gets replaced by the new one.

Thank you

Sonia
panelbeaterva

Post by panelbeaterva »

Kitty wrote: June 14th, 2022, 12:55 am
thank you, Vic, and congrats to your first PL ok section and your debut in LV drama. :) And it was a great role you picked here and I think you acted the lawyer really well in character. :thumbs: He's more of the no-nonsense type, so this was very fitting here. A bit of a voice of reason amidst all the mayhem and madness all around :lol:

I can mark Act 2 already PL ok. Careful with the volume though, it's over our accepted limits (86 to 92 dB). But since there are no other errors, I'll m ake a note for Todd to change the volume while he edits the part in.

one missed line for Act 3 however, a sort of list reminding one of Monty Python's Sir Robin :lol:

> at about 1:06: (p. 60) please insert: "Oh, Sir Thomas ! I am abused, beaten, hurt, maimed, disfigured, disfaced, dismembered, killed, massacred and murdered, by this rogue, robber, rascal, villain. I shan't be able to appear at Westminster Hall the whole term; it will be as good a three hundred pounds out of my pocket as was ever taken."

> also here: the volume is slightly over 92 dB. Decreasing it with -2 would get you closer to the good average of 89.

As an aside, I thought "indict", "indictment" would rhyme on "light" (so no voicing of the letter 'c'), but this may well be a regional variant, so this can well pass, as I think it would be understood anyway what the lawyer means.

Great job ! Simply reupload with the exact same filename and the old file gets replaced by the new one.

Thank you

Sonia
Thanks Sonia, you are absolutely correct that "indict" rhymes with "light" so I went back to the occasions Brief says the word in act 2 and replaced the line. I also reduced the audio, so it's now within limits

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/donquixoteinengland_brief_2.mp3

I also added the missed line and decreased the volume, as well as correcting the pronunciation of indict for act 3

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/donquixoteinengland_brief_3.mp3

Thanks for the feedback!
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

panelbeaterva wrote: June 15th, 2022, 2:34 pmyou are absolutely correct that "indict" rhymes with "light" so I went back to the occasions Brief says the word in act 2 and replaced the line.
well I didn't know whether maybe it was a local variant, one never knows with all the English dialects abounding :mrgreen:

So I relistened to both from scratch since I didn't write up the time stamps for "indict". Act 2 is now PL ok.

You missed one in Act 3 however:

> at 2:02: (p. 61) "so that if a man be indicted"

thanks !

Sonia
bwieseler

Post by bwieseler »

I would be interested in reading John for Acts 2 and 3!
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you and welcome.

I have a nice summary of drama stuff in the middle of Page 8 of this project that might be helpful.

viewtopic.php?p=2033936#p2033936

Thanks, Todd
yourbookvoice

Post by yourbookvoice »

May I join the cast of charters by reading for the following character, if it is still open?

3 Mr. Sneak, Act 2 Open

Thank you,
Kerry Adams
Your Book Voice
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you and welcome. I can’t get to the MW to put your claim in formally right now, but Mr Sneak is yours.

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: June 27th, 2022, 1:57 pmI can’t get to the MW to put your claim in formally right now, but Mr Sneak is yours.
I sneaked him in for you ;) MW is updated.

Welcome aboard, Kerry :mrgreen: you will have fun in this farce

Sonia
panelbeaterva

Post by panelbeaterva »

Kitty wrote: June 16th, 2022, 1:14 am
panelbeaterva wrote: June 15th, 2022, 2:34 pmyou are absolutely correct that "indict" rhymes with "light" so I went back to the occasions Brief says the word in act 2 and replaced the line.
well I didn't know whether maybe it was a local variant, one never knows with all the English dialects abounding :mrgreen:

So I relistened to both from scratch since I didn't write up the time stamps for "indict". Act 2 is now PL ok.

You missed one in Act 3 however:

> at 2:02: (p. 61) "so that if a man be indicted"

thanks !

Sonia
Thanks Sonia, I have now updated act 3 for the corrected indicted!
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

panelbeaterva wrote: July 2nd, 2022, 5:17 pmThanks Sonia, I have now updated act 3 for the corrected indicted!
excellent, now all is correct and PL ok. Thank you !

Hope to hear you in another play soon...we have a few still running that are waiting for eager voices :mrgreen:

Sonia
yourbookvoice

Post by yourbookvoice »

Mr. Sneak
Act 2
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/donquixoteinengland_mrsneak_2.mp3
Time: 32s
Kerry Adams
Your Book Voice