COMPLETE[PLAY]Alice Sit-by-the-Fire by Barrie - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote:Act 2 stage directions ready for PL.
Act 3 stage directions ready for PL.
:clap: good job, and it was a long part this time, but very funny :lol: The narrator is definitely not to be missed in this play. Actually it gives more a flair of dramatic reading than play.

I think nothing is missing inside the stage directions but sometimes my eyes were swimming from concentration. The script is really not easy.

Only two small bits for your consideration:

Act 2:
> at about 0:19: "Act 2" - in the other acts you repeated this after the intro

Act 3:
> at about 15:15: "End of Act 3" – don't you want to repeat this as well, here or before the final "The End" ? :hmm:

thanks

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

gracebird wrote: January 15th, 2022, 5:31 pmGinevra Act 3! 6:24
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/alicesitbythefire_ginevra_3.mp3
Thanks for all the help. She's such a fun character and I never would have come across this play on my own. :)
I'm happy you found your way in here, Ginevra is perfect the way you portray her :thumbs: I'm looking forward to hearing all this assembled.

Absolutely PL ok. Thank you, Grace ! I hope you caught the stage bug by now and we'll be hearing you in another play soon again. ;)

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Stage Directions for Acts 2 and 3 fixed, ready for Spot PL.

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: January 17th, 2022, 7:51 amStage Directions for Acts 2 and 3 fixed, ready for Spot PL.
both PL ok now, thank you

Sonia
cavaet

Post by cavaet »

Claiming Colonel Grey, for
Acts 1,2 and 3
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
Salvationist

Post by Salvationist »

I love this play! May I read Cosmo?
Salvationist

Current focus: Acadia, The Watsons, and Pollyanna of the Orange Blossoms
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
cavaet

Post by cavaet »

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

thank you, super well portrayed, the colonel is quite gruff-voiced, or at least pretending to be a tough one most of the time. :thumbs: Well done, I liked it. Looking forward to the rest.

You do not need to say "act 1" and "end of act 1" in the recording, this is all done by the narrator of the play. But no need to reupload, the text is perfectly fine and PL ok.

Sonia
cavaet

Post by cavaet »

Kitty wrote: February 10th, 2022, 1:08 am
thank you, super well portrayed, the colonel is quite gruff-voiced, or at least pretending to be a tough one most of the time. :thumbs: Well done, I liked it. Looking forward to the rest.

You do not need to say "act 1" and "end of act 1" in the recording, this is all done by the narrator of the play. But no need to reupload, the text is perfectly fine and PL ok.

Sonia
]

thank you
cavaet

Post by cavaet »

ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

the poor colonel doesn't have a clue what is being played here by his wife and Amy :lol: another excellent performance, but this time I need a few adjustments:

> at about 5:16: missed line: "Thank you, Steve, you will excuse us running off, I know. Alice is all nerves to-night. Come along, dear."

> from 9:37 to 9:41: between "Folly" and "And neither of them able to say a word?" - you can cut the long silence, as it's the same speech chunk.

> at 10:27: Steve, the madcap" - this is a repeat from 6.11, you can cut it out here

thanks

Sonia
cavaet

Post by cavaet »

Kitty wrote: February 13th, 2022, 5:58 am
the poor colonel doesn't have a clue what is being played here by his wife and Amy :lol: another excellent performance, but this time I need a few adjustments:

> at about 5:16: missed line: "Thank you, Steve, you will excuse us running off, I know. Alice is all nerves to-night. Come along, dear."

> from 9:37 to 9:41: between "Folly" and "And neither of them able to say a word?" - you can cut the long silence, as it's the same speech chunk.

> at 10:27: Steve, the madcap" - this is a repeat from 6.11, you can cut it out here

thanks

Sonia

on it