Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
cavaet

Post by cavaet »

LCaulkins wrote: April 19th, 2022, 10:35 am
Haha - you had a fun cameo here! Nicely done. Crimplesham is PL OK :thumbs:
you only had to ask
arbycoors

Post by arbycoors »

Sorry for the missing gap between lines, the very first ones! I always know - if I'm going to trip it'll be on the first step.
Now, at the the world-beating duration of 11:09:

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/whosebody_MrPiggot_10.mp3
rssmith121999

Post by rssmith121999 »

Ciufi wrote: April 19th, 2022, 10:33 am While it doesn’t change the meaning, “Hold up, old man,” is more solicitous and affectionate than “Hold up, man.” So I am going to opt for having it done as written. That’s what happens when younask the opinion of a retired English teacher.
My Grandmother was a Librarian and English teacher, I'm pretty sure they do not ever retire... :mrgreen:
I have a bit of an upper respiratory thing and I don't like the sound of my recordings at the moment I'll try again in a day or two.
Scott- large burly heavy equipment mechanic/truck driver, retired. New hobby as a Librivox junkie.
Ciufi

Post by Ciufi »

arbycoors wrote: April 19th, 2022, 10:22 pm Sorry for the missing gap between lines, the very first ones! I always know - if I'm going to trip it'll be on the first step.

Thank you - ready for spot pl. :D
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

arbycoors wrote: April 19th, 2022, 10:22 pm Sorry for the missing gap between lines, the very first ones! I always know - if I'm going to trip it'll be on the first step.

All happy now :) (and that's a super common occurrence, so don't worry)

Mr Piggot is PL OK :thumbs:
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

rssmith121999 wrote: April 20th, 2022, 9:02 am
My Grandmother was a Librarian and English teacher, I'm pretty sure they do not ever retire... :mrgreen:
I have a bit of an upper respiratory thing and I don't like the sound of my recordings at the moment I'll try again in a day or two.
:D So was mine! I still cringe when a text goes out with errors from fat fingers, incorrect autocorrections, or tired brain. :lol:
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Mr. Piggot completes the files for Ch. 10 :) I've got that on my editing queue, Ciufi, but I'll admit that I'm super slow right now on those tasks. I've been dealing with vertigo problems this month, and the computer-based intensity of editing is not happiness with that. I only do a few minutes of it each day. I'd expect to get to this one in two weeks.
~Lynette * -
Ciufi

Post by Ciufi »

LCaulkins wrote: April 20th, 2022, 11:22 am Mr. Piggot completes the files for Ch. 10 :) I've got that on my editing queue, Ciufi, but I'll admit that I'm super slow right now on those tasks. I've been dealing with vertigo problems this month, and the computer-based intensity of editing is not happiness with that. I only do a few minutes of it each day. I'd expect to get to this one in two weeks.
We are in no rush! Take your time. :D
Salvationist

Post by Salvationist »

Here's Parker for Chapter 13:

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/whosebody_parker_13.mp3 30 seconds

Checker says it falls outside the target range, but I think that's just because the file is so short and is dominated by silences. I tried amplifying the file, but Checker still made the same complaint.

It has been a lot of fun to contribute my voice to this project. Thank you for having me, Ciufi! :D

Is there any chance that you'll be BCing more Lord Peter Wimsey DRs once this one is finished? I'd love to reprise the role of Parker in Clouds of Witness. That novel was published in 1926, so it's newly in the public domain in the United States. My understanding is that the text from the 1926 edition isn't currently available online, but I'd be glad to put some effort into making it available if I knew that you'd want to BC the project thereafter. :wink:
Salvationist

Current focus: Acadia, The Watsons, and Pollyanna of the Orange Blossoms
Ciufi

Post by Ciufi »

Thanks! You are ready for pl.
I really think I am better suited to being a reader, but Lynette says she would like to do it ( and honestly, she is doing most of the heavy lifting for me on this one, anyway.)We’d love to have you as Parker - and Lynette says I get to narrate again. :D So by all means, see what you can do.
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Salvationist wrote: April 21st, 2022, 4:23 pm Here's Parker for Chapter 13:

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/whosebody_parker_13.mp3 30 seconds

Checker says it falls outside the target range, but I think that's just because the file is so short and is dominated by silences. I tried amplifying the file, but Checker still made the same complaint.

It has been a lot of fun to contribute my voice to this project. Thank you for having me, Ciufi! :D

Is there any chance that you'll be BCing more Lord Peter Wimsey DRs once this one is finished? I'd love to reprise the role of Parker in Clouds of Witness. That novel was published in 1926, so it's newly in the public domain in the United States. My understanding is that the text from the 1926 edition isn't currently available online, but I'd be glad to put some effort into making it available if I knew that you'd want to BC the project thereafter. :wink:
Parker 13 is PL OK :thumbs:

Thank you for giving us a wonderful character through and through! No worries about the level - I think you're right about why Checker reads it unexpectedly, and it really won't matter as it'll get volume attention whem the chapter is spliced together. :)

Yes! Ciufi and I would love to do Clouds of Witness if it's available, fantastic for you to reprise! We may well be able to get Lord Peter again also.
~Lynette * -
JoannaHoyt

Post by JoannaHoyt »

May I read the Juror in Chapter 6?
Back from a low-internet no-Librivox year in Georgia. Glad to be with you again.
Ciufi

Post by Ciufi »

JoannaHoyt wrote: April 21st, 2022, 6:08 pm May I read the Juror in Chapter 6?
You're in! Thank you!
Ciufi

Post by Ciufi »

Milligan, chapter 4 (by NightMare) is deposited in the MW. 2:06 :D
JoannaHoyt

Post by JoannaHoyt »

Back from a low-internet no-Librivox year in Georgia. Glad to be with you again.