COMPLETE[PLAY] Lady Frederick by W. Somerset Maugham - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
sacapsie

Post by sacapsie »

LCaulkins wrote: October 24th, 2021, 7:40 am Act 1 is in. :)

Hey, Sacapsie, can you watch all our pronunciations of the names? Paradine Fouldes and Mereston are noted on the main post, so hopefully folks will catch those on their own.

(The exception is Carlisle, which I didn't note, and I'm going to say it's OK for us to go with either the American or English pronunciation for that one.)
PL notes:

6:39: the silence after "Rose [Lifting up her lips]" is a little short of 3 sec.

10:40 and thereabouts: there is no silence in "[As he goes out, Captain Montgomerie enters. Lady Frederick. [Yawning and stretching her arms." but then in the next stage instruction, "[He hands her his case and lights her cigarette. [SILENCE] Lady Frederick. [With a sigh.]" --- not sure whether both should lack silences? No character lines to insert in either case.

[ETA: but nothing missing and no mistakes!]
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Bagpussbee wrote: October 24th, 2021, 8:21 am
That's OK, completely understand. I will head on over to the Hansom Cab as I've just been practicing my french accent although i'm not so sure about the 'nice! !. :D
Oh, cool! I'll take you up on that - the 'nice' referred to anything better than the truly pathetic results when *I* try to effect one. :lol:
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
JHedrick

Post by JHedrick »

Jim in Ohio

I will be away from the studio from April 21st through April 28th.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
JHedrick

Post by JHedrick »

LCaulkins wrote: October 24th, 2021, 10:01 am
JHedrick wrote: October 24th, 2021, 9:53 am
I get that footman fixed right away. :oops:
Oh, gosh, sorry, Jim! Aligator did the Footman role in a different project I'm BC'ing. :lol: :oops:
Yes, we discussed that at the Footmen's Social Club. :lol:
Jim in Ohio

I will be away from the studio from April 21st through April 28th.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

sacapsie wrote: October 24th, 2021, 10:02 am
LCaulkins wrote: October 24th, 2021, 7:40 am Act 1 is in. :)

Hey, Sacapsie, can you watch all our pronunciations of the names? Paradine Fouldes and Mereston are noted on the main post, so hopefully folks will catch those on their own.

(The exception is Carlisle, which I didn't note, and I'm going to say it's OK for us to go with either the American or English pronunciation for that one.)
PL notes:

6:39: the silence after "Rose [Lifting up her lips]" is a little short of 3 sec.

10:40 and thereabouts: there is no silence in "[As he goes out, Captain Montgomerie enters. Lady Frederick. [Yawning and stretching her arms." but then in the next stage instruction, "[He hands her his case and lights her cigarette. [SILENCE] Lady Frederick. [With a sigh.]" --- not sure whether both should lack silences? No character lines to insert in either case.

[ETA: but nothing missing and no mistakes!]
Oh, thank you! This is exactly the close-watched level of PL'ing I love for these part files. :)

I took the extra silence out of the second set of lines, where there is no intervening character, and lengthened the post-Rose silence.

But you also reminded me that I'd wanted to re-record that "He looks, and starts violently" line that was too melodramatic originally. If you can spot that for me, it should be right about 9:37
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
sacapsie

Post by sacapsie »

LCaulkins wrote: October 24th, 2021, 10:25 am Oh, thank you! This is exactly the close-watched level of PL'ing I love for these part files. :)

I took the extra silence out of the second set of lines, where there is no intervening character, and lengthened the post-Rose silence.

But you also reminded me that I'd wanted to re-record that "He looks, and starts violently" line that was too melodramatic originally. If you can spot that for me, it should be right about 9:37
All good now!

Sorry but I just realized you didn't add a "Narrated by" credit. Is it supposed to go in this file?
sacapsie

Post by sacapsie »

JHedrick wrote: October 24th, 2021, 10:13 am Corrected footman 3:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/ladyfrederick_footman_3.mp3 [0:39]
All set! Changed to PL OK for real this time.
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

sacapsie wrote: October 24th, 2021, 10:46 am
All good now!

Sorry but I just realized you didn't add a "Narrated by" credit. Is it supposed to go in this file?
My fault here - I forgot to tell you that I've included my voice credit on the Dramatis Personae track when I prepped that. Thanks for your eagle eye. :)
~Lynette * -
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

I will be out of touch this Wednesday through to the next (27 Oct - 3 Nov). I should be able to get to the forum, but not MW or cataloging things.

Thanks, Todd
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Thanks for letting us know - have a great vacation
~Lynette * -
Salvationist

Post by Salvationist »

May I read the servant?
Salvationist

Current focus: Acadia, The Watsons, and Pollyanna of the Orange Blossoms
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Salvationist wrote: October 27th, 2021, 3:55 pm May I read the servant?
This one needs a French accent. Are you good at that? :)
~Lynette * -
Salvationist

Post by Salvationist »

LCaulkins wrote: October 27th, 2021, 4:10 pm This one needs a French accent. Are you good at that? :)
French was my minor in undergrad. I'm not as proficient at speaking French as I once was, but I believe I have the accent down. :wink:
Salvationist

Current focus: Acadia, The Watsons, and Pollyanna of the Orange Blossoms
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Salvationist wrote: October 27th, 2021, 4:16 pm
LCaulkins wrote: October 27th, 2021, 4:10 pm This one needs a French accent. Are you good at that? :)
French was my minor in undergrad. I'm not as proficient at speaking French as I once was, but I believe I have the accent down. :wink:
Most excellent! So glad to have your ability on board. :)

I really hate to think of native French speakers having to listen to my truly pathetic attempts to pronounce the language! :lol:
~Lynette * -