COMPLETE [DR] The Wind in the Willows-mas

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Andrea42

Post by Andrea42 »

LCaulkins wrote: October 5th, 2021, 7:46 am
Andrea42 wrote: October 4th, 2021, 4:59 pm
Thank you for your response.
I have been wearing headphones.
What I meant was that it is hard for me to come in exactly on the first word since all there is is silence before the song, not one, two, three for example.
By the time I hear you and I manage to start singing, half of the word has already been spoken!
Also, I noticed in the recording that there is a word left out from the text. “Come from far away you to greet”, “from” is missing.
I’m looking forward to recording this part. :)
Hey, Andrea - try that now. I added a two-measure count in, and fixed that one line. :) Does that help?
That helps a lot, thank you!
Here's the part.
I've never recorded a song for Librivox before and have only ever sung for fun.
Let me know if I need to practice it more.
https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/windwillowsdr_fieldmouse1_05_128kb.mp3
Song starts at 0:39.
Length: 2:27
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Andrea42 wrote: October 5th, 2021, 2:09 pm
Andrea42 wrote: October 4th, 2021, 4:59 pm
Thank you for your response.
I have been wearing headphones.
What I meant was that it is hard for me to come in exactly on the first word since all there is is silence before the song, not one, two, three for example.
By the time I hear you and I manage to start singing, half of the word has already been spoken!
Also, I noticed in the recording that there is a word left out from the text. “Come from far away you to greet”, “from” is missing.
I’m looking forward to recording this part. :)
Hey, Andrea - try that now. I added a two-measure count in, and fixed that one line. :) Does that help?
Here's the part.
https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/windwillowsdr_fieldmouse1_05_128kb.mp3
Hey, that's superb, Andrea! Very nicely done. :) and PL OK :thumbs:
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
mariechristian

Post by mariechristian »

Clerk Chapter 6 Length 1:16

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/windwillowsdr_role_06_128.mp3

Hi! This is my first dramatic reading submission. Not sure how to check the volume level for 89-90 db

Marie Christian :)
Marie Christian
mariechristian

Post by mariechristian »

Marie Christian
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

mariechristian wrote: October 5th, 2021, 3:58 pm Clerk Chapter 6 Length 1:16

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/windwillowsdr_role_06_128.mp3

Hi! This is my first dramatic reading submission. Not sure how to check the volume level for 89-90 db

Marie Christian :)
Well, these were most excellent first DR submissions. :) Terrific "voice acting," perfect spacing between lines.

For future DR and play submissions, you never need to announce the chapter/act number, or the end of the section, and you only need to start with your voice credit one time. It feels super strange just starting right in with your character's lines, and leaving off without "signing out," but that's how we roll in DR/Play recording.

There are a couple things to fix on your files, but they're easy ones.

First, the file names - the "role" bit should be personalized for your character, so instead of "role" you would use "clerk"

Second, the volume - is actually fine for chapter 6. The chapter 8 track comes in at 93.8, so it needs to be softened. If you're using Audacity, just open the file, click Control-A to select the entire track, and then using the Amplify effect, type a -3 in the top box and hit Enter. Then you can export to mp3 again, and while you do that, fix the clerk portion of the file name. :) You can just change the file name of chapter 6 recording. Don't forget to post the file names when you upload the edited versions. :)

If you like, you can download the free Checker Tool to check your recordings before you upload them. It will list their decibels as well as alert you if any of the technical specs are off or the background noise is too loud. Handy little thing.
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
loon

Post by loon »

LCaulkins wrote: October 5th, 2021, 5:05 pm If you like, you can download the free Checker Tool to check your recordings before you upload them. It will list their decibels as well as alert you if any of the technical specs are off or the background noise is too loud. Handy little thing.
Let me add a little note about Checker: this tool was written assuming the recording's bit rate would not be noted in file names, so if you have Checker set to 'strict' it will say the recording fails because the file name includes '_128kb' - just ignore that warning.
Rich Brown - Minneapolis, MN
Andrea42

Post by Andrea42 »

LCaulkins wrote: October 5th, 2021, 3:07 pm
Andrea42 wrote: October 5th, 2021, 2:09 pm

Here's the part.
Hey, that's superb, Andrea! Very nicely done. :) and PL OK :thumbs:
Oh thank you very much! I'm glad to hear that it's good. :9:
mariechristian

Post by mariechristian »

Marie Christian
mariechristian

Post by mariechristian »

Clerk
chapter 6
length 1:09

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/windwillowsdr_clerk_06_128kb.mp3

corrected

Thanks for the clear instructions!

Marie :)
Marie Christian
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

mariechristian wrote: October 5th, 2021, 7:18 pm Clerk
chapter 6
length 1:09

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/windwillowsdr_clerk_06_128kb.mp3

corrected

Thanks for the clear instructions!

Marie :)
Both are perfect now :) Thanks so much!
~Lynette * -
TheSheepGal

Post by TheSheepGal »

Hi Lynette!

May I act as Fieldmouse 3?
I think I shall be fine with the singing.
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Yes! Thank you :)
~Lynette * -
Aligator

Post by Aligator »

Hi,

Could I claim the part of Detective 2? If that's already been taken, I'll be happy with Detective 3, also. :wink:
Never regret anything that made you smile. - Mark Twain
A person's a person, no matter how small. - Dr. Seuss
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Aligator wrote: October 7th, 2021, 9:37 pm Hi,

Could I claim the part of Detective 2? If that's already been taken, I'll be happy with Detective 3, also. :wink:
Start Detecting ;D
~Lynette * -
Miruvor

Post by Miruvor »

I was just checking my catalog page to make sure I wasn't forgetting about any commitments and noticed my lines for this project haven't been marked for PL yet. Did they come through? I can resubmit if I need to. Let me know, thanks!!
:thumbs: Mira