COMPLETE [DR] The Wind in the Willows-mas

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
czandra

Post by czandra »

I asked my librarian about the noise, and she said, "no one would come here
if they weren't allowed to talk out loud." So I read out loud.

Je lis à haute voix car refléchir fait trop de bruit!
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

czandra wrote: September 16th, 2021, 6:14 am ss. 9 & 10 : conscience, have disappeared from MW.
What I meant was, can I do both on the same file, since s. 9 is a single word?

Anyway, I've done my 16s. recording of what was section 9, and will upload it. I see you have a new "bit parts" thing? Is that where they go?

Confused,
Czandra
Hi, Czandra!

Because of the way that chapters in Dramatic Readings (and acts in Plays) are worked on by the editors, characters' sections do need to be recorded as separate files, even when they're annoyingly short for doing so.

Also, with these projects, the file names we give our recordings do not use the section number, but have to use the chapter or act number (which is completely opposite from "normal" LibriVox projects).

That is because in DRs and Plays, the sections get moved around numerous times within the MW while the project is being worked on.

First, all of the roles are listed, and they are normally kept at the top so that incoming readers can see which roles have not yet been filled. Sometimes we BCs will divide that top list into large, small, and bit parts so that readers can see which size of a role fits the time they have available for recording. Some folks like the big ones, others just enjoy helping with short-and-sweet bits.

When a reader claims a role, the sections for that role get moved down the MW into a section that lists all the claimed (but not-yet-recorded) parts. When a reader submits a file, and it becomes PL OK, that section is then moved again - this time into the section for the editors, where it gets placed under the chapter that it will be edited into.

Sometimes, BCs of Dramatic Readings will use a different organization, where they link all of the files for a character in a single section for that character. That is not my personal favorite, because as a reader I appreciate having the chapters that are expected from me show up as individual items on my Reader page, instead of just one item that pings back and forth between the columns. I also really appreciate it when the BC provides a script link on each line for me. And as an editor, I greatly appreciate having all the files I need, and only those files, gathered together in one spot. It makes that work less fidgety, and there's already a lot for the editor to do without having to pick through various spots to gather the roles.

Does that help explain the workings of Dramatic Readings, or just make it more confusing? 8-)

On another track, here is the

PL Note for your first file
:

By the way - your voice for Conscience is perfect, and I'm very glad you've joined us! :) Just needs the file name to be fixed.

(Here is how we're supposed to name our role-reading files for this project):
For individual roles: windwillowsdr_role_##_128kb.mp3 where ## is the chapter number. (e.g. windwillowsdr_conscience_01_128kb.mp3) <~~ should be the name for your first file

Your second file will use 05 in the number spot. On that second recording, can you give us your credit reading? (Where you say: "Conscience, read by (your catalog reader name)") We need that for the Dramatis Personae.
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
czandra

Post by czandra »

LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

czandra wrote: September 16th, 2021, 8:12 am okay, clearer, like soup. Broth.

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/windwillowsdr_conscience_01_128kb.mp3

Cz
Hehe :)

Thanks for fixing the file name. This one is PL OK :thumbs:
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
czandra

Post by czandra »

LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Perfectly PL OK :thumbs:

Thanks so much!
~Lynette * -
jennlea

Post by jennlea »

May I claim the fox?
-Jenn B.
My Recordings
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

jennlea wrote: September 16th, 2021, 12:42 pm May I claim the fox?
Fox is yours! Thank you :)
~Lynette * -
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

For the time being, I'll need a little more time than usual to PL sections that come in on weekdays. Thanks for your patience.

Sarah
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Scarbo wrote: September 17th, 2021, 5:27 am Here's Ferret, Chapter 11: https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/windwillowsdr_ferret_11_128kb.mp3
0:18

Thank you!
Thanks! Ferret 11 is PL OK :thumbs:
~Lynette * -
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

For the time being, I'll need a little more time than usual to PL sections that come in on weekdays. Thanks for your patience.

Sarah
loon

Post by loon »

Here is Engineer, chapter 8 supplemental - 0:33 including 5 s room tone before and after:
https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/windwillowsdr_engineer_08supp_128kb.mp3

I hope this will match what I recorded earlier; there's only a few words by the narrator between.
Rich Brown - Minneapolis, MN
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Scarbo wrote: September 17th, 2021, 8:06 am And here's Ferret 12: https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/windwillowsdr_ferret_12_128kb.mp3
0:08

Thank you!
also PL OK :thumbs:
~Lynette * -
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

loon wrote: September 17th, 2021, 3:00 pm Here is Engineer, chapter 8 supplemental - 0:33 including 5 s room tone before and after:
https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/windwillowsdr_engineer_08supp_128kb.mp3

I hope this will match what I recorded earlier; there's only a few words by the narrator between.
Thanks so much, Rich!

Listening to both files, I really think it's going to be great. When I do the editing, I pay close attention to tempo/pitch/volume/etc., and if something is noticeably different between your lines after they're pasted into the master track, I'll make adjustments to even it out. It doesn't sound like there'd be much of anything needed, though. :thumbs:
~Lynette * -
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

Hi Lynette,

I would like to be different and claim a person. :lol: How about the gipsy?

Thanks,

Wayne
Wayne
We never really grow up, we just learn how to act in public. :mrgreen: