COMPLETE [DR] The Wind in the Willows-mas

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
LangeM

Post by LangeM »

For the extra carolers, would like each in separate files, or one file with multiple voices singing? this could be a fun project to do together with my grandkids.
Peas and Lovage
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

LangeM wrote: October 20th, 2021, 3:29 pm For the extra carolers, would like each in separate files, or one file with multiple voices singing? this could be a fun project to do together with my grandkids.
Oh, that would be great to have you guys! Thank you!

Let's see - I would say, that if your microphone does a good job of picking up all of you in good quality without getting really tinny sounding, I'd say go right ahead and sing it together on one recording. :)

My microphone is very amateur equipment, and I don't think the quality would come out well at my house doing that. (It needs to be within 5 inches of the speaker's mouth, or the recording sounds like you're standing 50 feet away, very hollow, and you can't edit that away.) But I say give it a try! If it comes out good, that's great. If it comes out making your nose wrinkle, it was good practice. ;D

If you do find that it's better for you guys to record individually, you don't need to worry about putting them all on one track. That's a headache for the project editor. 8-)

(P.S. I would not expect it to be professional level to be good. A nice amateur quality is absolutely fine for our purpose!)

Shall I put you and your grandkids on the list?
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
jennlea

Post by jennlea »

Do you still need extra singers for the Fieldmouse Carol? If so, I'd love to help out if it's OK that I'm also doing the Fox.
-Jenn B.
My Recordings
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

jennlea wrote: October 20th, 2021, 5:09 pm Do you still need extra singers for the Fieldmouse Carol? If so, I'd love to help out if it's OK that I'm also doing the Fox.
Yes, thank you!
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

I haven't had any response about the Swallows requests, so I'm opening those roles back up.
~Lynette * -
catchthewind

Post by catchthewind »

LCaulkins wrote: October 20th, 2021, 5:35 pm I haven't had any response about the Swallows requests, so I'm opening those roles back up.
I am brand new here, but am I understanding right from the first post that child voices are okay for these parts? My two daughters would love to do it if so. Do they need their own accounts? We probably wouldn't get it recorded until the week after Halloween if that is okay. They would likely be willing to be carolers as well.
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

catchthewind wrote: October 21st, 2021, 2:41 pm
LCaulkins wrote: October 20th, 2021, 5:35 pm I haven't had any response about the Swallows requests, so I'm opening those roles back up.
I am brand new here, but am I understanding right from the first post that child voices are okay for these parts? My two daughters would love to do it if so. Do they need their own accounts? We probably wouldn't get it recorded until the week after Halloween if that is okay. They would likely be willing to be carolers as well.
Welcome to LibriVox! (Do you feel as overwhelmed as I did when I was new?!)

Yes, these roles are open, and your daughters are very welcome to do them. :)

They do need their own accounts, so that their work is catalogued properly. Most parents of young recorders maintain their accounts for them, and we can absolutely identify them only as a pseudonym. You are welcome to submit their recordings from your own account name, but we need each recorder to have an account made for the system's organization of their work.

And it would be fantastic to have them as carolers!
~Lynette * -
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

P.S. - doing the recordings after Halloween is absolutely fine. I do need the accounts, though, before the system will let me actually assign the sections for you guys. 8-)
~Lynette * -
catchthewind

Post by catchthewind »

LCaulkins wrote: October 21st, 2021, 2:52 pm
Welcome to LibriVox! (Do you feel as overwhelmed as I did when I was new?!)

Yes, these roles are open, and your daughters are very welcome to do them. :)

They do need their own accounts, so that their work is catalogued properly. Most parents of young recorders maintain their accounts for them, and we can absolutely identify them only as a pseudonym. You are welcome to submit their recordings from your own account name, but we need each recorder to have an account made for the system's organization of their work.

And it would be fantastic to have them as carolers!
Great! Thank you! I will work on that. I'm a bit swamped this week with Halloween costumes and school but they love Librivox and audiobooks and are really excited about it! My oldest daughter has expressed interest in doing voice over work in the past so this seems like a good chance for her to try it out, but yes it is definitely somewhat overwhelming right now.
catchthewind

Post by catchthewind »

LCaulkins wrote: October 21st, 2021, 2:56 pm
P.S. - doing the recordings after Halloween is absolutely fine. I do need the accounts, though, before the system will let me actually assign the sections for you guys. 8-)
The accounts are avanturay (swallow 3) and citrinezcrystal (swallow 2). Not sure if they've been approved yet but I sent the emails in for them.
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

catchthewind wrote: October 21st, 2021, 3:44 pm
The accounts are avanturay (swallow 3) and citrinezcrystal (swallow 2). Not sure if they've been approved yet but I sent the emails in for them.
Yeah, right now it says "email not found." I've got the names saved in the section notes, though, and we'll get their Reader pages made when the account names have finalized. :)
~Lynette * -
catchthewind

Post by catchthewind »

LCaulkins wrote: October 21st, 2021, 4:06 pm
Yeah, right now it says "email not found." I've got the names saved in the section notes, though, and we'll get their Reader pages made when the account names have finalized. :)
Perfect, thanks! Can they change their reader names after the pages go up? I'm not sure what they want them to be quite yet.
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

catchthewind wrote: October 21st, 2021, 4:18 pm
LCaulkins wrote: October 21st, 2021, 4:06 pm
Perfect, thanks! Can they change their reader names after the pages go up? I'm not sure what they want them to be quite yet.
Yes, an MC of any project they're working in can help with that, if the page is made before they've chosen something.
~Lynette * -
kianeg

Post by kianeg »

Here is my contribution to the mice carol. :)

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/windwillowsdr_carol_05_da_128kb.mp3
[1:33]

-Diane
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

kianeg wrote: October 22nd, 2021, 11:32 pm Here is my contribution to the mice carol. :)

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/windwillowsdr_carol_05_da_128kb.mp3
[1:33]

-Diane
Oh, that was so pretty :) Thanks very much, Diane.

My cat even started purring. :cat: :lol:
~Lynette * -