COMPLETE [DR] The Wind in the Willows-mas

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Salvationist wrote: September 30th, 2021, 6:14 pm May I read Detective 1?
It's yours! Thanks!
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Amysharpe1978 wrote: September 30th, 2021, 7:23 pm My daughter, 10 years old, and my son, 8 years old,are interested in field mice roles. If there are any available.
Thanks!
Yes, Fieldmouse 2 and 3 are both still open. Do they have forum names I can assign those to?
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Amysharpe1978 wrote: September 30th, 2021, 7:23 pm My daughter, 10 years old, and my son, 8 years old,are interested in field mice roles. If there are any available.
Thanks!
Hey, Amy -

I first saw your comment from my phone, but from my computer, I can see that you're brand new in LibriVox. The Fieldmice roles entail a unique carol that is contributed to by as many readers as we can pull together. It's not the simplest thing in the world to record, so these role wouldn't be the best thing for you guys. However, the kids could certainly help out with a couple of the Sparrow roles.

Have you seen your welcome email from LibriVox? It should include links for you to be able to do what is called the 1-Minute Test, which is no real test - it's just an "exercise" to make sure your system and technical specs are set up correctly before you do all the work in a longer recording. You'll need to square that away first thing, and then find a section somewhere in a project to request.

Regarding your kids - many people have young children who participate in LibriVox from time to time. It's wonderful to have their voices! In the cases I'm familiar with, the parent makes a LibriVox account for the child, using completely anonymous names (like LittlePeanut or Unicorn), and maintains control of the access and interaction. That way, each child receives the credit for their work under their psuedonym.

Welcome to LibriVox! Let me know if you have any questions, and I'll do my best to help. :)
~Lynette * -
Amysharpe1978

Post by Amysharpe1978 »

Thanks for your reply!
We’ve been using Librivox as a resource in our homeschool for about four years, but never thought to register with an account till now. My daughter was showing her grandma how to use it and came across this version of Wind in the Willows in progress. Seeing there were parts that kids could play, she begged me to request a part.

I’ll go through the directions with them and the swallow parts. But you can count them in for Swallow 1 and 2.

Thanks again!
Amy

LCaulkins wrote: September 30th, 2021, 8:39 pm
Thanks!
Hey, Amy -

I first saw your comment from my phone, but from my computer, I can see that you're brand new in LibriVox. The Fieldmice roles entail a unique carol that is contributed to by as many readers as we can pull together. It's not the simplest thing in the world to record, so these role wouldn't be the best thing for you guys. However, the kids could certainly help out with a couple of the Sparrow roles.

Have you seen your welcome email from LibriVox? It should include links for you to be able to do what is called the 1-Minute Test, which is no real test - it's just an "exercise" to make sure your system and technical specs are set up correctly before you do all the work in a longer recording. You'll need to square that away first thing, and then find a section somewhere in a project to request.

Regarding your kids - many people have young children who participate in LibriVox from time to time. It's wonderful to have their voices! In the cases I'm familiar with, the parent makes a LibriVox account for the child, using completely anonymous names (like LittlePeanut or Unicorn), and maintains control of the access and interaction. That way, each child receives the credit for their work under their psuedonym.

Welcome to LibriVox! Let me know if you have any questions, and I'll do my best to help. :)
Amy sharpe
Amysharpe1978

Post by Amysharpe1978 »

I see now that it’s Swallow 2 and 3 :)

Amysharpe1978 wrote: October 1st, 2021, 7:38 am Thanks for your reply!
We’ve been using Librivox as a resource in our homeschool for about four years, but never thought to register with an account till now. My daughter was showing her grandma how to use it and came across this version of Wind in the Willows in progress. Seeing there were parts that kids could play, she begged me to request a part.

I’ll go through the directions with them and the swallow parts. But you can count them in for Swallow 1 and 2.

Thanks again!
Amy

LCaulkins wrote: September 30th, 2021, 8:39 pm
Thanks!
Hey, Amy -

Amy sharpe
mariechristian

Post by mariechristian »

I would like to perform swallow #3 please
Marie :)
Marie Christian
mariechristian

Post by mariechristian »

Oh, I just saw the last post about the Swallow's for the kids above! If not filled by them, I'll take Swallow #3. Thanks!
Marie Christian
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

mariechristian wrote: October 1st, 2021, 8:13 am Oh, I just saw the last post about the Swallow's for the kids above! If not filled by them, I'll take Swallow #3. Thanks!
Hi, Marie :) Let's give Amy a week to respond, and then I'll assign Swallow 3 for you. :) Thanks!
~Lynette * -
mariechristian

Post by mariechristian »

Sounds good! :D
Marie Christian
Mozartjr

Post by Mozartjr »

Ok! Here is the fixed version of the chairman:

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/windwillowsdr_chairman_06_128kb.mp3

Sorry it took me so long! It's amazing how sometimes we don't have time to even do little things :)
Mozartjr
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Mozartjr wrote: October 1st, 2021, 12:08 pm Ok! Here is the fixed version of the chairman:

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/windwillowsdr_chairman_06_128kb.mp3

Sorry it took me so long! It's amazing how sometimes we don't have time to even do little things :)
Mozartjr
Thanks! PL OK :thumbs:

No worries - I totally get it!
~Lynette * -
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Amysharpe1978 wrote: October 1st, 2021, 7:53 am I see now that it’s Swallow 2 and 3 :)
Cool! I'll hold these for them - let me know when you have accounts set up for them, and let me know their forum names. Then I can get the sections officially assigned for them. :)
~Lynette * -
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

mariechristian wrote: October 1st, 2021, 11:53 am Sounds good! :D
Hey, Marie - as Amy's kids are taking the Sparrow roles, would you like any of the other remaining characters?
~Lynette * -
SCaulkins

Post by SCaulkins »

Scott
mariechristian

Post by mariechristian »

Hi! This will be my first ever dramatic work part. Not quite ready to sing a song as the field mice and the remaining parts appear to be men. But thanks for offering :D
Marie Christian