COMPLETE[PLAY]Mucedorus by Shakespeare - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Now to your questions:

Who reads the prologue?

hmm, since it is not specifically mentioned which actor was doing the prologue, I guess Todd here wants the narrator to do this part as well. But let's wait for confirmation before you record anything.
Todd would be delighted if our narrator can read the prologue.

Thanks, Todd
blueriveriris

Post by blueriveriris »

Hi, I'll take King Valentia (acts 4 and 5) please!!! :D
All the world's a stage.-Shakespeare
mmdollar

Post by mmdollar »

May I claim Anselmo, acts 1 and 4? Thank you.
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you both, and welcome to Librivox, and more specifically to the drama forum.

blueriverisris - Please complete the One Minute Test so we know your equipment is all set up properly.

mmdollar - Thank you for completing your Test. (Is this claim for you or your daughter?)

Did you also get the addiction warning?

Most of how things work is the same everywhere at Librivox, but there are a few special things about drams. Here is a short summary for the important special rules in drama:

1) you don't have to read an intro or outro disclaimer, this will be done by the narrator. Instead, record your voice credit at the beginning of the file using the words in the MW, which for your role should be something like: "King Valentia [or Anselmo], read by XXXX" (whatever you use for your reader name - it does not have to be the same as your forum name)

2) then browse through the text and record all the lines you have to speak. Also include any "All" lines while your character is on stage. For a big role it may be good to read the entire play to get into character, but at least it would be good to read a bit around your lines, see what the others are saying, so you can better "react" to them. Just be as expressive (according to the character) as you can in your role.

3) if there are pointers in the text qualifying your voice, like [laughs] or [whines], an added bonus would be that you act those out in your reading, if possible, to make it all more interesting.

4) You prepare and upload a separate file for each Act that your character is in. (Note - the section numbers change as I move stuff around on the MW, so remember character name, not section numbers.) Your file will be proof-listened, and you may receive some notes on corrections and their time locations in your file. These will be posted in the forum and show in the Magic Window marked as "See PL Notes" - please cut corrections into your file to update it (don't re-record the entire thing! that makes more work for everyone and risks new errors) and upload a new file (SAME NAME) in a reasonable time - like before your voice and equipment setup change and everything sounds different!

5) and most importantly: please leave enough space between each of your speeches, preferably 4-5 seconds or more. Even when you have the stage directions in the middle of your speech (for example: [kisses her hand]), also leave 4-5 seconds of pause there, because our editor (me) later on has to copy all your parts and paste them into his (my) master file and it's helpful if he (me) has enough space to fiddle with

That's it, I think. Just have fun acting out. And post any questions here.

Thanks, Todd
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

Bremo act 4

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/mercedorus_bremo_4.mp3

This scene has similarities to the one in Midsummer Nights Dream except that here Bremo is much nastier :twisted:
Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

alanmapstone wrote: August 18th, 2021, 2:12 amBremo act 4
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/mercedorus_bremo_4.mp3
This scene has similarities to the one in Midsummer Nights Dream except that here Bremo is much nastier :twisted:
at least he is a wanna-be baddie :lol: but yes, I see what you mean with the MSND vibe.

Bremo is again absolutely PL ok. Now prepare for your gory finale, you'll get a dying groan :mrgreen:

thank you, Alan

Sonia
feminerdist

Post by feminerdist »

I'll take on Collen, if still available.
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
Totorokiwi

Post by Totorokiwi »

Ariana, if you please :)
RobMarland

Post by RobMarland »

-
Last edited by RobMarland on February 28th, 2023, 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rob Marland reader section | website
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Totorokiwi wrote: August 18th, 2021, 6:37 pm Ariana, if you please :)
Welcome to Librivox. Please see instructions posted above and in the first project post - and also please complete the One Minute Test so we will know your equipment is all set up properly and we will be able to use your file.

Thanks, Todd
blueriveriris

Post by blueriveriris »

Okay, so to explain. I am actually the daughter of mmdollar and was going to share that account with my sister. So, I did the one minute test and was approved as mmdollar. Then we decided to have two separate accounts, is my old one minute test okay? (we are still using the same equipment). :D
All the world's a stage.-Shakespeare
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

blueriveriris wrote: August 19th, 2021, 9:32 amOkay, so to explain. I am actually the daughter of mmdollar and was going to share that account with my sister. So, I did the one minute test and was approved as mmdollar. Then we decided to have two separate accounts, is my old one minute test okay? (we are still using the same equipment). :D
thank you for the explanation, yes it's fine, if your setup is fine, you can go ahead and record.

So to understand this, you will be three separate accounts now ? yours, your sister's and your parent's ? It's actually a good move that each of you has a separate account, because then you will all get your correct credit and reader page. On the long run, this is quite handy ;)

Enjoy ! Looking forward to hearing your performance (I will be your prooflistener)

Sonia
Kiliann

Post by Kiliann »

I can take both of the Messenger parts if you're still looking for someone!
When in doubt, go to the library.