COMPLETE[PLAY]One Act Play Collection 016 - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

jakemalizia wrote: August 25th, 2021, 1:50 amBrava! Bravissima! I loved it Sonia... you captured the desperation and exhaustion very well. While your character turns sour towards the end, I still find myself sympathising with her :cry:
thank you, Jake :9: well...I sympathised with her, only until she wanted to drag her boyfriend into suicide as well :lol:
I can't mark it PL OK because I don't have access, that's normal right?
yes, only a DPL has access to the MW. I will update it for you now. Thank you, and I'm glad you liked it.

Sonia
jennlea

Post by jennlea »

Kalamareader wrote: August 24th, 2021, 6:12 pm Jenn

Here is the Narrator for Barbara. As I started it, the directions that Todd put up as far as the intro and extro go didn't seem to me to be too clear for the Narrators/Stage Direction people. :hmm: I did kind of what he wrote in and also did a little ad libing. Listen to it and tell me what you would like changed. Of course I will do what ever the boss (you) want. :thumbs:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/barbara_narrator_goodman.mp3

Wayne

P.S. I am loving Peg. :D
Thank you, Wayne! I am finally going to have some time this weekend to get caught up on LibriVox projects so I will give it a listen then.

P.S. I can’t wait to listen to Peg all completed! It’s always magical how these plays sound when they come together!
-Jenn B.
My Recordings
JoannaHoyt

Post by JoannaHoyt »

Here, belatedly, are the stage directions for Hyacinth Halvey. (Such a fun play!) I wasn't sure if we were actually supposed to say "act #" instead of "play #" or "name of play" at start and end, so I read in a few variations on the intro and outro.... hope that's all right.
14:56
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/hyacinthhalvey_stagedirections_gregory.mp3
Back from a low-internet no-Librivox year in Georgia. Glad to be with you again.
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
SairaIype

Post by SairaIype »

May I claim Fardy Farrel, a telegraph boy. Please
wib66

Post by wib66 »

JoannaHoyt wrote: August 28th, 2021, 4:34 pm Here, belatedly, are the stage directions for Hyacinth Halvey. (Such a fun play!) I wasn't sure if we were actually supposed to say "act #" instead of "play #" or "name of play" at start and end, so I read in a few variations on the intro and outro.... hope that's all right.
14:56
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/hyacinthhalvey_stagedirections_gregory.mp3
Downloaded ready for PL
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

SairaIype wrote: August 29th, 2021, 10:43 am May I claim Fardy Farrel, a telegraph boy. Please
Thank you and Welcome to Librivox. Please complete the One Minute Test so we know your equipment is all set up properly. Did you also get the addiction warning?

Most of how things work is the same everywhere at Librivox, but there are a few special things about drams. Here is a short summary for the important special rules in drama:

1) you don't have to read an intro or outro disclaimer, this will be done by the narrator. Instead, record your voice credit at the beginning of the file using the words in the MW, which for your role should be something like: "King Valentia [or Anselmo], read by XXXX" (whatever you use for your reader name - it does not have to be the same as your forum name)

2) then browse through the text and record all the lines you have to speak. Also include any "All" lines while your character is on stage. For a big role it may be good to read the entire play to get into character, but at least it would be good to read a bit around your lines, see what the others are saying, so you can better "react" to them. Just be as expressive (according to the character) as you can in your role.

3) if there are pointers in the text qualifying your voice, like [laughs] or [whines], an added bonus would be that you act those out in your reading, if possible, to make it all more interesting.

4) You prepare and upload a separate file for each Act that your character is in. (Note - the section numbers change as I move stuff around on the MW, so remember character name, not section numbers.) Your file will be proof-listened, and you may receive some notes on corrections and their time locations in your file. These will be posted in the forum and show in the Magic Window marked as "See PL Notes" - please cut corrections into your file to update it (don't re-record the entire thing! that makes more work for everyone and risks new errors) and upload a new file (SAME NAME) in a reasonable time - like before your voice and equipment setup change and everything sounds different!

5) and most importantly: please leave enough space between each of your speeches, preferably 4-5 seconds or more. Even when you have the stage directions in the middle of your speech (for example: [kisses her hand]), also leave 4-5 seconds of pause there, because our editor (me) later on has to copy all your parts and paste them into his (my) master file and it's helpful if he (me) has enough space to fiddle with

That's it, I think. Just have fun acting out. And post any questions here.

Thanks, Todd
GregGiordano

Post by GregGiordano »

Here is current Section 30 - "Joe" for "Cocaine" -

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/cocaine_joe_king.mp3

Take care,

Greg
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
jakemalizia

Post by jakemalizia »

GregGiordano wrote: August 30th, 2021, 3:38 am Here is current Section 30 - "Joe" for "Cocaine" -

Take care,

Greg
Brilliantly read, Greg. Poor Joe :( hope he kicks the stuff and gets his life together!
I just have two small points:
- At about 3:20 you say "take up wid a wild and rough guy like me", the text says "take up wid a rough guy like me"
- At about 8:55 you say "I don't have to be here", the text says "it don't have to be her"

GregGiordano

Post by GregGiordano »

jakemalizia wrote: August 30th, 2021, 11:12 pm
GregGiordano wrote: August 30th, 2021, 3:38 am Here is current Section 30 - "Joe" for "Cocaine" -

Take care,

Greg
Brilliantly read, Greg. Poor Joe :( hope he kicks the stuff and gets his life together!
I just have two small points:
- At about 3:20 you say "take up wid a wild and rough guy like me", the text says "take up wid a rough guy like me"
- At about 8:55 you say "I don't have to be here", the text says "it don't have to be her"

Thank you for the encouraging feedback. I'll try to fix tonight.

Greg
SairaIype

Post by SairaIype »

SairaIype wrote: August 29th, 2021, 10:43 am May I claim Fardy Farrel, a telegraph boy. Please
Hi Todd I completed the sample test and uploaded it.
wib66

Post by wib66 »

GregGiordano wrote: August 21st, 2021, 8:47 pm For the first play "Hyacinth Halvey," here is the part of "Mr. Quirke, a butcher" -

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/hyacinthhalvey_mrquirke_gregory.mp3

Take care and have a wonderful rest of the weekend!

Greg
My apologies I completely missed this one will PL it later today thanks
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Mr Quirke and Stage directions for Hyacinth Halvey are PL OK thanks
Michele
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd