ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

WiltedScribe wrote: August 7th, 2021, 6:28 pmHere is Thomas Quincy Pratt for PL. I hope I captured him well enough!
you have captured him excellently, and wow what and accent :lol: I think you and Jenn will be a perfect comedic match in this play. :mrgreen:

Your all too frequent and highly disturbing "hehehe" will probably haunt me in my sleep for some time. :shock: Felt like a blend of Rumpelstilzkin and Chucky. :? Not too reassuring. Might need a parental guidance on the CD cover.

No wonder Lady Ball-Jennings is so disturbed by them. Sounds like he is up to no good. :|

THANKS !!! All acts PL ok.

Sonia
Miruvor

Post by Miruvor »

Stage Directions, act 3, ready for PL!

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/freaks_narrator_3.mp3 01:01:26
:thumbs: Mira
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Miruvor88 wrote: August 9th, 2021, 2:49 pm Stage Directions, act 3, ready for PL!

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/freaks_narrator_3.mp3 01:01:26
wow and another huge act :shock: and here I thought the final act was shorter. Thank you so much, Mira, for doing this extraordinary work for the project. And so well done, you really gave me no trouble at all reviewing it. :9: Perfectly PL ok.

Todd will be glad that the stage directions are in so early, so he has the frame for his editing job. :thumbs:

Sonia

PS now I think you crave for a nice short one-minute-poem for your next assignment :mrgreen:
Miruvor

Post by Miruvor »

Kitty wrote: August 10th, 2021, 5:02 am wow and another huge act :shock: and here I thought the final act was shorter.
You and me both! :lol: I didn't record "Part 1/Part 2" lines at first, then I finished editing and realized it was still an hour long :shock:
PS now I think you crave for a nice short one-minute-poem for your next assignment :mrgreen:
Oh yes, I'm going to thoroughly enjoy all 3 lines I'm recording for my next part. :mrgreen:

Thanks so much for all your hard work and encouraging words! :clap: :9: :clap:
:thumbs: Mira
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Miruvor88 wrote: August 10th, 2021, 9:51 amOh yes, I'm going to thoroughly enjoy all 3 lines I'm recording for my next part. :mrgreen:
:lol: oh and I fully understand you ! Such short roles can be extremely rewarding, one can develop a real character or strange accent or speech quirk for a short role, which one would never "keep up" for the main lead. By that making even small roles memorable or even stealing the show. :mrgreen:

Enjoy, and I hope our dramatic paths cross again.

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Kitty wrote: August 10th, 2021, 5:02 am Todd will be glad that the stage directions are in so early, so he has the frame for his editing job. :thumbs:

Sonia
Absolutely. Thank you.

Todd
jennlea

Post by jennlea »

-Jenn B.
My Recordings
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

jennlea wrote: August 28th, 2021, 8:43 amHere is Act 1 of Julie:
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/freaks_julie_1.mp3
:shock: :lol: Julie is brilliant !!! What accent did you put on there, Jen ? I would guess she is from somewhere deep south. I had to smirk each time she chastises Thomas Quincy. And when you say "notice the metal", you make it sound like you want to steal the spoons :mrgreen: (that's probably what alarmed Lady Ball-Jennings). I'm keeping an eye on you !

Perfectly PL ok. And looking forward to the rest.

Thanks

Sonia
jennlea

Post by jennlea »

Kitty wrote: August 29th, 2021, 3:13 am :shock: :lol: Julie is brilliant !!! What accent did you put on there, Jen ? I would guess she is from somewhere deep south. I had to smirk each time she chastises Thomas Quincy. And when you say "notice the metal", you make it sound like you want to steal the spoons :mrgreen: (that's probably what alarmed Lady Ball-Jennings). I'm keeping an eye on you !

Perfectly PL ok. And looking forward to the rest.

Thanks

Sonia
Thank you, Sonia! Used a southern accent and put my own silly spin in it :lol:
And you better believe I have my eye on those spoons 8-)
-Jenn B.
My Recordings
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

jennlea wrote: August 29th, 2021, 6:14 amAnd you better believe I have my eye on those spoons 8-)
:lol: you will be strip-searched before you leave the theatre ! And we better include Thomas Quincy as well, he can't be trusted either...

Sonia
EltonTheSnowman

Post by EltonTheSnowman »

Matea Bracic

“Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read.”
-Groucho Marx
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

wow this was a big role and excellently acted out, Mattea. :thumbs: Though Sheila is showing a bit of a snobbish side in her dialogues with Tilney, but she is a sensitive person nevertheless. You show both facettes very well. I highly enjoyed it and it will sound great stitched together, I'm sure.

You're not done yet, however, I found a few missed lines to insert !

Act 1:

> at about 7:38: (p. 27 and 29) two missed lines: "No, you won't, mother darling." and "Mums !"

Act 2:

> at about 8:26: (p. 142) missed line: "Goo-oo-oo-oo...!"

Act 3:

> at about 0:40: (p. 194) missed line: "Bad news of any sort ?"
> at about 3:11: (p. 199) missed line: "R-R-Raiche..."
> at 3:20: (p. 199) "Your rotten arrangement with Fumelli and...what's their beastly names ?" - you say "engagement"
> at about 4:02: (p. 214 and 215) two missed lines: "Yes, Mums." and "Oh, much better, Mumkin !"

thanks

Sonia