COMPLETE[PLAY]The Freaks by Pinero - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

thank you, and wow, you took some deep slurpy gulps here :lol: Not sure that should be upper-class good manners ;) but it gives a great effect

Acts 1 and 3 are PL ok.

One question for Act 2 still:

> at 7:22 and 7:30: you have twice the same line ("it will be your fault entirely if I ever lose sight of you"), is there one you prefer ? Then you could cut the other

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

and thanks Alan, perfect addition and now PL ok :)

Sonia
adrianstephens

Post by adrianstephens »

Kitty wrote: July 24th, 2021, 10:46 am
One question for Act 2 still:

> at 7:22 and 7:30: you have twice the same line ("it will be your fault entirely if I ever lose sight of you"), is there one you prefer ? Then you could cut the other

Sonia
Slurps-r-us (tm).
Sorry about that, Sonia. I took out the earlier one,
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/freaksanidyllofsuburbia_ronald_2.mp3
My Librivox-related YouTube series starts here: Part 0: Introduction. https://youtu.be/pMHYycgA5VU
Part 15: Case Study (Poem) https://youtu.be/41sr_VC1Qxo
Part 16: Case Study 2 (Dramatic Reading) https://youtu.be/GBIAd469vnM
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

adrianstephens wrote: July 25th, 2021, 11:58 pmSlurps-r-us (tm).
:lol:

thank you for the cut, now Ronald is entirely PL ok. :thumbs:

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

And Todd, here is Lady Ball-Jennings, for your listening pleasure (of sorts). I spent the entire afternoon on working out this persona, and got interrupted by a thunderstorm :evil: But managed to finish this morning.

You are probably very relieved that this time you are not under my thumb (though she seems to think the entire household must be). Ooooh especially in Act 2 I had fun bossing everybody around :mrgreen: and then slowly starting to lose my nerves in the Shakespeare performance of dear Sir Norton. Looking forward to Alan trying to do Macbeth in this mayhem. :lol:

Now I'm back to being sweet me *angel smilie*

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/freaks_lady_ball-jennings_1.mp3
Recording time: 6:33 min.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/freaks_lady_ball-jennings_2.mp3
Recording time: 12:49 min.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/freaks_lady_ball-jennings_3.mp3
Recording time: 4:50 min.

I also changed her description in the MW: she is Mrs Herrick's sister, not sister-in-law. Sir Norton is the brother-in-law because he is married to her. In case you already created the castlist, you could change it in there as well.

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you. I'll have a listen soon as I finish with Woman's Way.

And I see that, as always, you are right: you have corrected my mis-reading of the printed cast list to make you the sister, not a sister-in-law. (I make the LV cast list from the MW at the end when we have everyone signed up/files in, not as roles are claimed, so no problem there.)

Of course you are back to being sweet you. Must have been such a trial acting out of character...

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: July 26th, 2021, 2:53 amOf course you are back to being sweet you. Must have been such a trial acting out of character...
do I hear sarcasm ? :lol:

Sonia
jakemalizia

Post by jakemalizia »

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

oh Jake, this was a brilliant performance :thumbs: Dr Waterfield for me would be such a difficult character because he spends his stage time laughing constantly :lol: I find it difficult playing this convincingly, but you really nailed his good-humoured character here. (and you didn't forget a single laugh). Still, also the serious doctor parts are well acted out, everything perfect. I hope you caught the stage bug already and we can hear you in plenty more roles soon. :9:

I'll mark Acts 2 and 3 already PL ok.

One single small edit for Act 1:

> for the voice credit, could you please always include the full description as it is mentioned in the Magic Window. Here " Mr. Edward Waterfield, M.R.C.S, her bachelor friend, read by Jake Malizia"

thank you, just reupload with the exact same filename and the old one will get replaced by the new one.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Todd: I was wondering, if Chris puts it into his mind to play Collingridge, the parlourmaid, would she then not rather qualify as one of the extraordinary mortals ? :mrgreen:

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Kitty wrote: July 26th, 2021, 3:11 am
ToddHW wrote: July 26th, 2021, 2:53 amOf course you are back to being sweet you. Must have been such a trial acting out of character...
do I hear sarcasm ? :lol:

Sonia
Sarcasm, my dear? Why whatever could that be? (Oh, wait - I'm not married to you in this one - I don't need to apologize so quickly.... On the other hand, you have not PL'd my part yet.)

Thanks, Todd
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Kitty wrote: July 26th, 2021, 5:29 am Todd: I was wondering, if Chris puts it into his mind to play Collingridge, the parlourmaid, would she then not rather qualify as one of the extraordinary mortals ? :mrgreen:

Sonia
Please! Someone claim this part before Australian time zones are awake!!! Please!!
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: July 26th, 2021, 5:34 amI don't need to apologize so quickly.... On the other hand, you have not PL'd my part yet.)
good thing you noticed ;)

Sonia
jakemalizia

Post by jakemalizia »

Kitty wrote: July 26th, 2021, 5:26 am
oh Jake, this was a brilliant performance :thumbs: Dr Waterfield for me would be such a difficult character because he spends his stage time laughing constantly :lol: I find it difficult playing this convincingly, but you really nailed his good-humoured character here. (and you didn't forget a single laugh). Still, also the serious doctor parts are well acted out, every perfect. I hope you caught the stage bug already and we can hear you in plenty more roles soon. :9:

I'll mark Acts 2 and 3 already PL ok.

One single small edit for Act 1:

> for the voice credit, could you please always include the full description as it is mentioned in the Magic Window. Here " Mr. Edward Waterfield, M.R.C.S, her bachelor friend, read by Jake Malizia"

thank you, just reupload with the exact same filename and the old one will get replaced by the new one.

Sonia
Reuploaded with the change you requested :thumbs:

Thank you, Sonia! That's very kind of you. I think I did catch the stage bug :lol: though, like you said I did feel rather strange laughing into the void... I'm glad it came across alright ..ho ho ho. I look forward to hearing the whole play once it's finished!
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

jakemalizia wrote: July 26th, 2021, 10:24 am Reuploaded with the change you requested :thumbs:

Thank you, Sonia! That's very kind of you. I think I did catch the stage bug :lol: though, like you said I did feel rather strange laughing into the void... I'm glad it came across alright ..ho ho ho.
:lol: yes exactly, sometimes it feels silly to act out with no one around. Sometimes I think it's good that no one is around hearing and seeing me record :mrgreen:

You'll see, the end result is always astonishing, considering we all record this at other times and far away from each other. And Pinero is always a treat :9:

If you have caught the bug...I'll be hearing you soon, I suspect 8-)

This section is also PL ok now. Thanks

Sonia