[COMPLETE] Lesley Castle, by Jane Austen (1775 - 1817)-mtf

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Salvationist

Post by Salvationist »

brownrottger wrote: July 8th, 2021, 3:05 pm Hi Salvationist, Since this is a dramatization are we leaving out the "tenor and speaker cues" and, if not, who is to read those?
Good question, Christine! I'm not sure I understand exactly what you mean by tenor and speaker cues, but if you're referring to the all-caps names in front of colons at the beginning of various lines in the colour-coded text, no one will need to read those; I added them to turn the text into a script. If you look at the original text on Project Gutenberg, those aren't there. We will, however, eventually need a narrator, who will read the parts that start with "NARRATOR:". I hope this explanation is helpful! If I misunderstood your question, please let me know.
Salvationist

Current focus: Acadia, The Watsons, and Pollyanna of the Orange Blossoms
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

Salvationist wrote: July 8th, 2021, 4:38 pm
brownrottger wrote: July 8th, 2021, 3:05 pm Hi Salvationist, Since this is a dramatization are we leaving out the "tenor and speaker cues" and, if not, who is to read those?
Good question, Christine! I'm not sure I understand exactly what you mean by tenor and speaker cues, but if you're referring to the all-caps names in front of colons at the beginning of various lines in the colour-coded text, no one will need to read those; I added them to turn the text into a script. If you look at the original text on Project Gutenberg, those aren't there. We will, however, eventually need a narrator, who will read the parts that start with "NARRATOR:". I hope this explanation is helpful! If I misunderstood your question, please let me know.
I meant like in Letter 2 where William and Susan Lesley are speaking the words in parentheses like "(cried he in a tone of the greatest amazement). The reader for Susan put them in her recording and I was wondering whether to tell her to take them out?
WillForbis

Post by WillForbis »

Still need someone to do the Narrator? I'd be glad to put in my two cents =3
Salvationist

Post by Salvationist »

brownrottger wrote: July 8th, 2021, 7:02 pm I meant like in Letter 2 where William and Susan Lesley are speaking the words in parentheses like "(cried he in a tone of the greatest amazement). The reader for Susan put them in her recording and I was wondering whether to tell her to take them out?
Thank you for clarifying. I have colour-coded the text to correspond with the appropriate reader for each line. If Magda read the line "(cried he in a tone of the greatest amazement)", she acted correctly, because she is reading Susan Lesley and that name appears in all-caps next to the line. Susan Lesley is the author of Letter 6, so I have assigned her all narrative text within the letter, plus the lines in which she quotes herself - just not the lines in which she quotes someone else. Please do not ask Magda to remove this or other similar lines from her recordings. Feel free to reach out again if you have additional questions.
Salvationist

Salvationist

Post by Salvationist »

WillForbis wrote: July 8th, 2021, 9:48 pm Still need someone to do the Narrator? I'd be glad to put in my two cents =3
Thank you for choosing this project for your first DR on LibriVox! You are welcome to the narration.
Salvationist

brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

Susan Lesley's part in Letter 2 is PL ok!
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

Hi Magda, Wow, what great handling of a complicated letter, with the stage cues and all! Here's a few things I heard:
:01 I believe it should be " Lady Lesley read by Magda DeWilde March 20th" ( hope I spelled your name correctly);
I heard "Lesley Castle March 20th"
:26 remove the word "it"
:39 add the word "once"
5:40 remove the words "to him"
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

Hi again Magda, I guess the directions say to only say your role and name on the first file of which you are the main character, so you can disregard that first PL comment on Letter 6. If I'm not mistaken, I think you need to remove the words "Lesley Castle" as I do not see it in the text.
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

Letter 10 Susan Lesley . Just one comment Magda. At :02, will you please make sure there is at least 3 seconds after the word "No"?
WillForbis

Post by WillForbis »

Rather than assuming and potentially borking up, I'd like to ask just a couple clarifying questions. 1- Would you prefer I read the names of the characters before each segment (for instance saying "Margate Lesley" by itself so it can be put in front of a segment of hers) I wouldn't think so but I've heard it both ways. Additionally, for the compiler, would it be better for me to just leave a visible space of silence to cut or would it be better to have a sharp tick in between segments (such as is typically used in editing to signal cuts)
-edit- i completely missed the post earlier covering the names question, so never mind that, sorry. However, I do see in the first bit it mentions "Leslie Castle read by ... ect." I imagine this is a casting list of the readers, should I leave this bit blank so the compiler can put in the readers saying their own names or shall I read the cast list, and if so what names (unless everyone is just going by their usernames)
MMMD2505

Post by MMMD2505 »

brownrottger wrote: July 10th, 2021, 8:02 pm Letter 10 Susan Lesley . Just one comment Magda. At :02, will you please make sure there is at least 3 seconds after the word "No"?

Hi and thanks a million for PLing!
Here are the edited files:

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/lesleycastle_susanlesley_6.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/lesleycastle_susanlesley_10.mp3

I looked again at letter 6 and I'm pretty sure that "Lesley-Castle March 20th" is part of my text, it's just hidden right above the main body of the letter.

Thanks again,
-Magda

"All human wisdom is contained in these two words- Wait and Hope."

-The Count of Monte Cristo
Salvationist

Post by Salvationist »

WillForbis wrote: July 11th, 2021, 9:47 pm Rather than assuming and potentially borking up, I'd like to ask just a couple clarifying questions. 1- Would you prefer I read the names of the characters before each segment (for instance saying "Margate Lesley" by itself so it can be put in front of a segment of hers) I wouldn't think so but I've heard it both ways. Additionally, for the compiler, would it be better for me to just leave a visible space of silence to cut or would it be better to have a sharp tick in between segments (such as is typically used in editing to signal cuts)
-edit- i completely missed the post earlier covering the names question, so never mind that, sorry. However, I do see in the first bit it mentions "Leslie Castle read by ... ect." I imagine this is a casting list of the readers, should I leave this bit blank so the compiler can put in the readers saying their own names or shall I read the cast list, and if so what names (unless everyone is just going by their usernames)
Good questions, Will! No need for the ticks; 3-5 seconds of silence will do. Because this novelette is epistolary, there is much less for the narrator to read than in most DRs. All you need to read is the parts marked "NARRATOR" in the colour-coded text. As for the "Leslie Castle read by ...", etc., please read that phrase for each character, but leave out the name of the reader. You can find the names of all of the characters in the Magic Window. Hopefully, all of the readers will include their voice credits, but in case one or more of them omit their voice credits, we can use the voice credit you record along with a recording of their name that they have submitted for another project. I hope that clarifies things! Please let me know if you have additional questions. Thanks again for signing up to narrate!
Salvationist

brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

MMMD2505 wrote: July 14th, 2021, 8:08 am
brownrottger wrote: July 10th, 2021, 8:02 pm Letter 10 Susan Lesley . Just one comment Magda. At :02, will you please make sure there is at least 3 seconds after the word "No"?

Hi and thanks a million for PLing!
Here are the edited files:

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/lesleycastle_susanlesley_6.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/lesleycastle_susanlesley_10.mp3

I looked again at letter 6 and I'm pretty sure that "Lesley-Castle March 20th" is part of my text, it's just hidden right above the main body of the letter.

Thanks again,
-Magda
For Letter 6:My bad on the intro. I dont hear that the edits were made. Can you check again. I wouldnt mention these if it were not for the "Word Perfect" PL standard.
For Letter 10:PL ok!
Last edited by brownrottger on July 15th, 2021, 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ktaylor07

Post by ktaylor07 »

brownrottger wrote: July 7th, 2021, 3:54 pm Kelly, Jane Austen could not have cast a better voice for Charlotte Lutterell! Only two items on Letter 4:
at :41 missing word "often"

at 4:46 missing word "the"
I will post Letter 7 separately.
Thanks again for your contributions!
Here are the edits to letters 4 and 7 -- Hope this takes care of everything!

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/lesleycastle_charlotte_letter4.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/lesleycastle_charlotte_letter7.mp3