COMPLETE[PLAY]The Devil's Disciple by Shaw - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
JoannaHoyt

Post by JoannaHoyt »

JHedrick wrote: June 29th, 2021, 10:23 am Hi Joanna,

Do you have a rule about readers taking multiple parts? I have already read Sergeant for acts 2&3, but would like to read Uncle Titus for Act 1. I hear him in my head as a slightly higher pitched Walter Brennan.

That would make the project full.
Thank you! Uncle Titus is all yours. (Alan Mapstone, General Burgoyne, is also doubling as Uncle Walter.) I don't know what Walter Brennan sounds like, but after listening to your splendid Sergeant I have complete confidence in the voices you hear in your head.
Back from a low-internet no-Librivox year in Georgia. Glad to be with you again.
JoannaHoyt

Post by JoannaHoyt »

lethargilistic wrote: June 29th, 2021, 2:13 pm Chaplain, Act 3 is ready for PL!

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/devilsdisciple_chaplain_3.mp3
Thank you! The Chaplain is PL OK. Splendidly sententious in the opening, and disarmingly human at the end...
And now we have the entire British Army read; I really enjoy the parts severally, and I think they'll go very well together.
Back from a low-internet no-Librivox year in Georgia. Glad to be with you again.
JoannaHoyt

Post by JoannaHoyt »

Todd, can I change the thread title here from OPEN to FULL, or is that something you need to do? Also, should I be able to remove the blank line (in there because I miscounted the parts when I submitted my MW request :oops: ) which makes it appear that one part is still open,or,if not, would you? Thanks. Sorry.
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

You can change OPEN to FULL by editing the first post. Also, there is a dropdown on the MW page to change so that the MW knows too - it can't read posts. I'll do these.

There is an X to delete sections that you can't see. So that only I can make the mistake of deleting a section that should not be deleted and then having to reconstruct it....

Thanks, Todd
JoannaHoyt

Post by JoannaHoyt »

ToddHW wrote: June 30th, 2021, 5:03 am You can change OPEN to FULL by editing the first post. Also, there is a dropdown on the MW page to change so that the MW knows too - it can't read posts. I'll do these.

There is an X to delete sections that you can't see. So that only I can make the mistake of deleting a section that should not be deleted and then having to reconstruct it....

Thanks, Todd
Thank you very much for fixing this and for letting me know what I could fix next time.
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose
JoannaHoyt

Post by JoannaHoyt »

Uncle William is PL OK. Thank you very much!
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
JoannaHoyt

Post by JoannaHoyt »

Thank you very much! These are beautifully and vividly read. (And I'll keep your example in mind next time I am trying to scream quietly for a Librivox recording...) Acts 2 and 3 are PL OK. Act 1 is just missing the first two lines in which Essie is simply identified as "The Girl:"
“What is it?”
and
“I didn’t mean to. I dropped off..."
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Act 1 for Essie is now edited and re uploaded

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/devilsdisciple_essie_01_128kb.mp3
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
JoannaHoyt

Post by JoannaHoyt »

wib66 wrote: July 3rd, 2021, 2:17 pm Act 1 for Essie is now edited and re uploaded

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/devilsdisciple_essie_01_128kb.mp3
Act 1 for Essie is PL OK. Thank you very much!
JHedrick

Post by JHedrick »

Here is Uncle Titus Dudgeon from Act I

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/devilsdisciple_titus_1.mp3 [0:57]
Jim in Ohio

I will be away from the studio from April 21st through April 28th.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
JoannaHoyt

Post by JoannaHoyt »

JHedrick wrote: July 4th, 2021, 8:58 am Here is Uncle Titus Dudgeon from Act I

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/devilsdisciple_titus_1.mp3 [0:57]
Uncle Titus is a hoot, and is also PL OK. Thank you very much!
JoannaHoyt

Post by JoannaHoyt »

Thanks, Todd! All three acts are PL OK and splendidly Christy-like. (Also it's very nice for me to have Christy in at a pitch where I can sound somewhat plausibly like his brother...) I suppose this is as good a time as any to apologize for the rude things I say to and about you throughout the play...