COMPLETE[PLAY]The Great Galeoto, by Echegaray - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

GregGiordano wrote: June 24th, 2021, 3:01 pmHere is Act One for Don Julian with the duplicate word removed:
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/greatgaleoto_donjulian_1.mp3
thank you, Greg, and definitely PL ok now :)

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: June 24th, 2021, 6:46 pmHere is Act 1 of Ernest. 26:45
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/greatgaleoto_ernest_1.mp3
(Sonia: I want to get him recorded before I listen to your Mercedes.)
yes, no problem, take your time, I'm not in a hurry and I won't run anywhere ;)

Ah, Ernest is a treat so far. His prologue soliloquies sound like a sort of Faustian dilemma :lol: I am curious how you will develop him further. All these characters are very strong so far, it will be an excellent play. :9: Looking forward to hearing the rest.

I only found two small bits to edit (if my ears didn't deceive me - I let you decide)

> at 0:17: (p. 3) "my head is fevered with it" – I think you say "feathered" but I think it should be rather "f-ee-vered" (like having a fever)
> at 13:50: (p. 13) "after fevered pleasures abroad" – same here

the rest was perfect

Thank you

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

adrianstephens wrote: June 24th, 2021, 10:50 pmHere's the corrected Act 2:
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/greatgaleoto_pepito_2.mp3
at 13:21 > at about 12:51: (p. 63) another missed line: "Why do you prevent me ?"
thank you for the new timestamp as well, Adrian. All lines in now and PL ok. :clap:

Sonia
GregGiordano

Post by GregGiordano »

Kitty wrote: June 25th, 2021, 12:15 am
GregGiordano wrote: June 24th, 2021, 3:01 pmHere is Act One for Don Julian with the duplicate word removed:
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/greatgaleoto_donjulian_1.mp3
thank you, Greg, and definitely PL ok now :)

Sonia
Many thanks and expressions of gratitude!

Greg
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Kitty wrote: June 25th, 2021, 12:45 am I only found two small bits to edit (if my ears didn't deceive me - I let you decide)

> at 0:17: (p. 3) "my head is fevered with it" – I think you say "feathered" but I think it should be rather "f-ee-vered" (like having a fever)

the rest was perfect

Thank you

Sonia
Well, that pronunciation of fevered was very intentional on my part, but I see now it was also wrong and not just a quaint alternative. Blame my mother - I do. I will fix it.

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: June 25th, 2021, 5:18 amWell, that pronunciation of fevered was very intentional on my part, but I see now it was also wrong and not just a quaint alternative.
:shock: oh wait, no !!! You're saying this is another pronunciation of fevered ? I wasn't aware of that one, but by all means, I trust a native speaker of the language !!! :oops:

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

No. No. No. The point is that there is NOT another pronunciation and I have been wrong lo these many years. (Not that "fevered" gets used much in normal conversation....)

You, as always, are 100% correct in your original PL. As always.

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: June 25th, 2021, 6:20 am(Not that "fevered" gets used much in normal conversation....)
:lol: I don't think I've ever used it. I already used "feverish", so I was extrapolating the pronunciation from that one.

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Kitty wrote: June 23rd, 2021, 9:39 am :shock: everybody was busy here !!! Well, instead of PLing I did my own recording today, so all these files will be checked tomorrow, promised :) (I hope you all used the correct text link :? )

Todd: here is Mercedes, a busy-body who at least pretends she means well (I'm not totally sure whether she is sincere or hypocritical)

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/greatgaleoto_mercedes_1.mp3
Recording time: 6:26 min.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/greatgaleoto_mercedes_2.mp3
Recording time: 7:26 min.

Sonia
Act 1 is PL OK. What a spiteful busy-body is how I see her, and I think you captured her perfectly.

I was going to listen to Act 2 - even though I have not yet recorded Ernest's part there - but Audacity says it can't open it. (Yes, I downloaded again but that did not help.) Could you upload it again?

Thanks, Todd
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Kitty wrote: June 25th, 2021, 12:45 am I only found two small bits to edit (if my ears didn't deceive me - I let you decide)

the rest was perfect

Thank you

Sonia
Fixed both places and uploaded for Spot PL.

Thanks, Todd
sonofcoltas

Post by sonofcoltas »

I can take the servant at Don Julian's
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: June 26th, 2021, 4:10 amI was going to listen to Act 2 - even though I have not yet recorded Ernest's part there - but Audacity says it can't open it. (Yes, I downloaded again but that did not help.) Could you upload it again?
should work now...sorry my mistake, I uploaded correctly Act 3 but named the file Act 2 :oops: MW now updated.

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you both.

And we are now full.

Thanks, Todd

(By the way, I think this is only the second mistake that Sonia has ever made.... And somehow, I know it was my fault....)
JoannaHoyt

Post by JoannaHoyt »

Here's the servant of dubious provenance, with a very short part and a very long voice credit section--I hope one of these will suit; if not, let me know and I'll re-record whatever I ought to have said instead.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/greatgaleoto_servantaternestsorseveros_2.mp3
Back from a low-internet no-Librivox year in Georgia. Glad to be with you again.
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you. I'm sure we'll figure out where you live and where you work by the time the play is completed.

Todd