COMPLETE[PLAY]Captain Jinks of the Horse Marines, by Clyde Fitch - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Here you go, Mrs. Jinks Act 2:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/captainjinks_mrsjinks_2.mp3 (3:43)

Sorry for appearing impatient, Todd - I'd thought someone else was handling the MW, and that perhaps my offer'd been lost behind fresher posts. :)
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
wib66

Post by wib66 »

EltonTheSnowman wrote: September 21st, 2021, 6:41 am
wib66 wrote: September 18th, 2021, 1:24 pm Madame Trentoni PL Notes

Act 3
12:16 Missing line
AURELIA. Good gracious, what an idea! [To Captain JINKS.] Look here, let s tell him the truth

If you could edit the file and re upload using the same filename thanks
Just checking in to let you know I’ll record the new versions of Acts I and III as soon as my sinuses recover and I stop sounding like a fog horn :lol:
Thank you
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
EltonTheSnowman

Post by EltonTheSnowman »

Matea Bracic

“Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read.”
-Groucho Marx
wib66

Post by wib66 »

EltonTheSnowman wrote: September 27th, 2021, 4:36 am Here are the corrected files for Madame Trentoni:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/captainjinks_trentoni_1.mp3
(32:10)

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/captainjinks_trentoni_3.mp3
(13:47)
These are now PL OK thanks
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
benderca

Post by benderca »

I have already recorded 1st Ballet Lady (Miss PETTITOES), Act 2. Chris gave me an extension on editing this per PM.

Thanks,
TJ
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Yet another example of the problems with using PMs instead of the forum. Claim reinstated.

Thanks, Todd
benderca

Post by benderca »

ToddHW wrote: September 29th, 2021, 4:26 am Yet another example of the problems with using PMs instead of the forum. Claim reinstated.

Thanks, Todd
Yes, this was the same example, though. I wrote Chris one message, telling him that I had finished my parts in all 3 plays, but wouldn’t have time to edit right now, and he said, “no worries, mate” or something aussi-ish like that (because the plays aren’t even fully cast yet). But I took note of your request, and will post future requests in the forum as well. Thanks for your understanding, TJ

(I already posted my part for the 3rd play - so I should cause you no more problems :D ).
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Mrs Jinks Act 2 is PL OK
Michele
Salvationist

Post by Salvationist »

May I read the servant?
Salvationist

Current focus: Acadia, The Watsons, and Pollyanna of the Orange Blossoms
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
benderca

Post by benderca »

I apologize in advance to my many German friends... :wink:

1st ballet lady, Miss Pettitoes:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/captainjinks_1stballetladymisspettitoes_2.mp3

On page 96, I added some of the ad-lib parts in case you'd like to use them:

There is a nervous movement of all the Seven, several clearing their throats, others slightly changing
their position from one foot to the other. One or two, including the widow, look very supercilious, as if to
say, "O dear me! think of her telling us what is and what ain't easy! us, who are old enough to be her
grandmother!"; Though Tm sure they wouldn't have put it in just that way. They would probably have
spoken of her as a "raw amateur"; and of themselves as "trained artistes";

12-14 [clearing throat]
17-29 "O dear me! think of her telling us what is and what ain't easy! us, who are old enough to be her grandmother!";
32-24 "raw amateur"
37-40 "trained artistes"

Also on page 97, there is a quarrel:

Miss HOCHSPITZ pinches Miss PETTITOES. Miss PETTITOES slaps Miss HOCHSPITZ'S face. All the Ballet Ladies join in and there is a general quarrel.

Between 58-1:05 I give you some slaps and some gasps, just in case you want some animation :D .

Have fun!
TJ
Salvationist

Post by Salvationist »

Salvationist

Salvationist

Post by Salvationist »

I'm willing to read the one-line part of the Clipper representative as well if you would like, but I understand if you would prefer not double up on roles in this play.
Salvationist

ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Different acts so not likely to confuse listeners. Go for it.

Thanks, Todd
wib66

Post by wib66 »

all files queued for PL
Michele